How to use this cat food efficiently ?

As preferred by Cattitude.
Dry food twice per day + wet food one pouch per day

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This will work for them, Are they drinking water? As long as they have water accessible all day, this plan is ok for them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3str

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yup all three drink water.
Third ones poo was solid like normal.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are the 3 kittens splitting one pouch of wet food per day?

If so, they may need an additional pouch per day to share.

Excellent that you received the food!

I am relieved to hear that the third kitten is having normal poop.

You are doing a terrific job! :)

3str

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 yup one pouch with rice is enough to all three. 3rd Kitten poops some times at litter box, some times in his bed itself.
1st one getting stronger and active. No one else to play so she run here and there.2nd one is as usual eat, sleep,rest...

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is good to hear about kitten number one. Thank you for the update :)

Last edited:

3str

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1st and 2nd Kitten eats alot and poops alot. Am I providing too much food ?
Litter box smells intense for two days.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, not too much food, they need to eat a lot. My guess is that the stronger smell is because of the food change, not necessarily a bad thing if all else is ok.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Is the litter box still smelling strongly? You probably already thought of this, --I was thinking that if it is still stinky, maybe give them a little egg and rice.

How is number three's leg?
Is his skin looking any better? Is number two starting to play yet?

3str

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Time to time I have to change the litter box and it's small since the Cattitude people told put them in a clean place so I keep inside my house near balcony. Poops & urine everywhere. I'll try to give egg.
3rd ones leg is still same, his coat is rough, cracked and falling off slowly, sounds like mange. He's getting little better he needs to get rest but since I have all of them in one place 1st one is biting his cracked thin skin try to play with him so 3rd one is restless.

After place and food changed 2nd one don't hide in edges but eats a lot. Today 2nd one vomited dry food which she ate.
Looking to place third one in cage for to get rest properly.i Don't know.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A cage, for periods of time, for number three sounds like a good idea to give him a rest from number one.
Massages on that leg might take time to work, I'm not sure...?

Some egg for number two could possibly help her stomach issues. Also, you could put a bottle cap or something similarly sized, into the food dish/bowl to help slow her eating down in case that is part of her problem. Large enough that she won't swallow it, small enough to fit in the dish.

Sounds like number one is doing great :)

I don't know what to suggest to help for the poops and urine everywhere...do you have newspaper you could put down that you could then dispose? I don't know what you have available, other than a second litter pan?

Last edited:

3str

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know how to get a cage or DIY for third one but it's worth to heal him soon if he wants food or water he will eat if it's there inside the cage since all three are in same box other two kittens clean the bowl whatever food is left. Placing him in cardboard box is not so ventilated.

Fourth day with proper food & clean water slight changes in third Kitten. Day by day 3rd one getting better but breathing is little rapid than others.

Can I use bleaching powder to clean the poop & urine with plenyy of water ?

3rd one like to get scratch his body From me so the coat skin falls off like flakes.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
...a cardboard box with some cutout areas for air flow? Hmmm...or, I don't know how much room you have, but maybe have him in a corner with something across, diagonally, to block the other kittens access to him?

The more rapid breathing could be from the soreness in the leg, and/or because it's fighting off illness...i think continue doing as you are for him :)

A bit of bleaching powder with lots of water to rinse will work. Hard surfaces won't change color from the bleach.

The aloe vera didn't help them to feel any more comfortable? Does Cattitude have any thoughts about treatment for number three's
skin?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, by the way, if you can, continue massaging that leg and also, very very gently, and just a slight bit at first, then a little more each day, straighten that leg.
I'm concerned that the muscles could become unusable to him without gradual exercise, and that he might not start using the leg unless you give him a little bit of feline physical therapy :)

Last edited:

3str

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Doing the same. BTW the 2nd kitten vomiting all the undigested food. 3rd Kitten having diarrhea kind of poo now. Wet food is too hard to digest.let them take rest. Fed to 1st kitten alone.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I didn't know if you had a chance to see this post of mine from a little earlier so I thought I'd post it here again, knowing that you are a very busy person with these kittens, their issues and everything else that was going on in your life before they appeared...

"Thinking of a cardboard box with some cutout areas for air flow? Hmmm...or, I don't know how much room you have, but maybe have him in a corner with something across, diagonally, to block the other kittens access to him?

The more rapid breathing could be from the soreness in the leg, and/or because it's fighting off illness...i think continue doing as you are for him :)

A bit of bleaching powder with lots of water to rinse will work. Hard surfaces won't change color from the bleach.

The aloe vera didn't help them to feel any more comfortable? Does Cattitude have any thoughts about treatment for number three's
skin?"

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Greetings!
How are things? Are the tummy issues calming at all?
How is the leg and breathing of number three?

3str

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Diarrhea stopped by not providing wet food.
Bit by bit third one getting better since he's fur coat is no more do shivering a bit and he's leg still same.breathing is same.
Second one playing well by change in diet.