3 Stray Kitten With Skin Rashes

3str

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,
I found month or may be 2 months old three kittens in our top floor of the house. They are stray kitten and found no mama cat. We feed those kittens with white boiled rice mixed with milk for nearly two months. According to size of kittens first two are female and younger one is male and tiny.
At the beginning there was some eye problem and gunk in 2nd and 3rd one so searched on net that kittens may have bacterial infection so I gave them tiny amount of amoxicillin powder with milk thru syringe. After two days it swelling and gunk in were gone all three were healthy playing around. After a month, i found 2nd female kitten has red rashes on her belly, thought that rashes may appeared because of kittens sucking belly's of each other like sucking milk but suddenly 3rd kitten got this red rashes and left eye swollen and tearing for nearly 3 to 4 days so we gave all three of them a bath (I have already bath those kittens for 3 to 4 times for fleas and dirt problem) to find a cure the rashes. Also I tried giving small amount of amoxicillin with milk but no luck.

I have to say this that older(1st one) kitten is a female and a healthy one , hyper active and playing around here and there also with other kittens. Sometimes the older kitten have playful fights with other kittens.i thought the 3rd kitten swollen eye were hurt by kittens fights but that's wrong I have isolated the third one for two days the left eye swelling is still there but if I clean the gunk with wet gotten it looks good and this kitten rubs my leg with his body if I stand near so I sooth him with little scratching him he just stay there still to get scratch his itchy body. Sounds like a big skin problem and he squeals wherever he wants to get scratch his body. Yup there's thick dead skin falling like flakes.
Food details
I gave them rice with milk, sometimes rice with crushed boiled egg, sometimes chicken pieces.

I don't have enough money to take him to vet.
Kindly guide me if I can make him better with over the counter drugs.
Oh yeah. This is my first with kittens.
Thanks.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
I think it's too much rice in the diet but let me ask an expert; @sarthur, do you have a moment to help the poster?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3str

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
I think it's too much rice in the diet but let me ask an expert; @sarthur, do you have a moment to help the poster?
Thanks for your comment. this is the food that i can provide.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't have knowledge of medicines that could help, but could you try a couple of other things to see if the rash diminishes?
Try decreasing the amount of rice, and increasing the milk ( it isn't cow's milk, is it?) No-lactose milk, or KMR-- kitten milk replacer would be better. You can find recipes on the internet.
Do you have access to goat milk?
They also need water.
Can you cook and mash some green beans without the string?
Can you increase the chicken? Can you feed a little cooked fish?
The main thing though, and this is serious, is that they will become blind without the supplement of taurine. You can buy it, but there are also other vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other things they require.

The best option is to obtain kitten food that is formulated with these things for healthy, correct growth.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Milk and rice is not a balanced diet for cats. And just boiled meat won't be enough either; they need a balanced diet with organ meats and bones and stuff like that. It's possible that the rashes and eye problems are caused by dietary deficiencies.

You can google "amoxicillin dosage for cats" to find the appropriate dosage, but only if they have an infection. Do not give antibiotics unless it's obvious there's an infection. It's better to put it directly in their mouths with a dropper rather than mix it with food.

If they don't get a balanced diet they won't survive for much longer. I urge you to research how to provide a balanced homemade diet, or get some commercial balanced cat food. Their lives literally depend on that.

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It’s so very hard to know what country, available foods, and money is to the poster. In some countries and situations, cat food may not be possible. I commend them for asking for help and trying to help, and everyone for offering help. Thanks so much 3 3str and everyone here for offering your help and advice for the kittens. We all need more like you to love and give!:hearthrob:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you post a picture of the “rashes” please?

I am wondering if it might be ringworm.

Thank you for caring for these kittens!

mekkababble

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
3 3str

Based on your description, I'm guessing you're in a country that's not America. I agree with the posters above- if commercial cat food is not available near you, adding organ meat and bones to your kittens' diet is essential. This will likely be cheaper than milk, meat, and eggs. Many butchers will sell the meat and bones at a discount if you ask for it. Also, make sure you are giving the kittens access to fresh water.

If possible, keep the kittens in your home. There is a possibility that the rash could be an allergy.

Could you share your location, please?

3str

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sorry for the delay in my reply

thanks to
@Furballsmom
@Willowy

@maggiedemi
@FlawlessImperfection
@mekkababble
for replying to my post

I know white rice, boiled egg and boiled meat is not the balanced diet but that's what i can provide. I'm trying to keep them alive till it grow and find food by itself. I am from a typical family background where i can bring certain non-veg food and at certain days inside my house. I can't leave the kittens outside since dogs are roaming around our street. Its bothering me that i can't able to feed them proper food or leave them outside like others + don't have enough money.

@Sarthur2 you are right that's a ringworm fungus around his eyes and just confirmed it today where the kitten's finger with red rash and hairfallen.
i will post the pictures tomorrow.today 3rd one is so weak and not eating well or playing. it just always sleeping.

lucky i found free treatment clinic which is provided by government of india- veterinary hospital in my town. I am going to get them visit to vet tomorrow.

see you tomorrow.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very good! It's nice that the government has provided that resource. I hope they can get the kittens healthy and happy! Also ask them about any vitamin supplements that they recommend, or how other locals feed their cats on a budget. They might have some ideas that are realistic for your location.

3str

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yup visited vet today. She (doctor)just heared what I said about kitten rashskin

3str

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That doctor didn't even see with her eyes. Gave shot and oral drops for all three kittens.
Here the pictures of kittens
IMG_20180629_141051.jpg
left one is female no 1,right side is female no 2, center is male no 3.
IMG_20180629_141051.jpg
IMG_20180629_141250.jpg
IMG_20180629_141233.jpg
IMG_20180629_141233.jpg

Attachments

3str

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all of your guidance :)