2013 Secret Santa received thread!

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

How come your mousey isn't squeaking?
l wondered that too when l played it back. lt was squeaking when l was taping, but l guess my ancient 5mp Kodak couldn't pick it up. l could hear the paw steps, the tree, DS, etc, but not the squeaking.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Close up of the ornaments for Abby, Spencer and Katie!  I didn't have a tree up this year, but I will definitely put these on one next year, or even hang them from some garland.

A very fun dragon fly toy for the kits, holistic cat foot, card, tote with tea towels and oven mitts, and a TCS tote

Close up of a few of the cat toys. 

Spencer is crazy mad over the mop toy with feather, and of course the Da Bird refills are always a huge hit!

Another wide shot.  I absolutely love that Nivea Body Wash! It smells of oranges. I've been buying it for a few years now and it's my absolutely favourite!

Another angle

I managed to get the bag of springs back from Katie so I could take a picture of it!  LOL

A close up of the Japanese toy with the operation instructions, clear as mud!  LOL

And finally, the toe with tea towels and oven mitts!

Thank you so much Andrya!  It was so fun opening them.  Once I process the rest of the pictures, I'll post some of the kits playing. I finally figured out how to do continuous captures, so I actually have some action shots.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh...that sort of bath! I just like that they can bathe themselves without my help! And yet the "potty!";)
Thanks!!
They were 2 little sisters I'd adopted from the shelter. They were ill but I didn't know that. They both had the runs hence the bottom washing. It turned out they had IFP.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much Andrya!  It was so fun opening them.  Once I process the rest of the pictures, I'll post some of the kits playing. I finally figured out how to do continuous captures, so I actually have some action shots.
And ... erm ... where are the TimTams???? 

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Post mark was North Carolina. My suspicion, through process of elmination is nurseangel lol

Oh my goodness, Nebula!  I am so sorry to have put you through all of this!  Normally, I watch the Secret Santa thread like a hawk.  Secret Santa is, after all, the highlight of my year.  This year, I've had a few complications and haven't been keeping up with it as I should.  I do hope you enjoyed your gifts...I had a wonderful time picking them out for you and actually got to meet the author of the book.  When I found out it was for a children's charity, I knew you would approve of the cause.  Get well soon, 
        I have to say I did
a little....but only because I remember the first couple years I did the same thing! Process of elimination to try to figure out who my SS was
. Maybe that's why I give up our secret identity with the card

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loving going through all of the updates and seeing the pictures everyone has posted! Secret Santa is such a fun, happy time of the year I always enjoy and look forward to![emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️

We broke out the catnip bubbles our SS gave us last night! They were a huge hit with both our cats and dogs lol! I need to get pictures of that!

So....I hung up my beautiful sun catcher hummingbird from starryeyedtiger:

But it wasn't five minutes before Rico discovered him.  He started to bite Hummie's beak!  So I quickly stuck the first thing I found between him and the bird, a foam rubber block:

Rico wasn't quite sure what to do about that-- I hope hummie survives!  :lol3:

Haha poor Rico doesn't understand why he can't have that toy lol! ;) So glad to see it hanging! I found it back in October for you at a little home good store called, Kirklands! [emoji]128151[/emoji]

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad you liked everything! Just have to point out that the bracelet is actually a hair tie as well. But, I use mine as both. It's perfect because when I have it on my wrist it looks like a bracelet instead of a plain, boring elastic, but when you put it in your hair it just adds a whole other level! 

I had lots of fun shopping for you and so glad you and the felines were happy! I LOVE all the pictures of them testing out the new toys! 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky lucky secret Santas and receivers which in point of fact is the same. Or are the same! :clap:

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@ nurseangel, no  problem!

This was a lot of fun this year, after the wreck and everything else that had happened it was hard to get in the Christmas spirit (wreck, uncle dying, grandpa dying and more) and this helped a bit. Christmas still wasn't the same, but we really enjoyed the gift- I am wearing the butterfly necklace and, yes I LOVED the fact that the book supported a Children's Charity. Children and cats, the best combination :D

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Loving going through all of the updates and seeing the pictures everyone has posted! Secret Santa is such a fun, happy time of the year I always enjoy and look forward to![emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️

We broke out the catnip bubbles our SS gave us last night! They were a huge hit with both our cats and dogs lol! I need to get pictures of that!
Haha poor Rico doesn't understand why he can't have that toy lol!
So glad to see it hanging! I found it back in October for you at a little home good store called, Kirklands! [emoji]128151[/emoji]
Wow, you started shopping early.  Fortunately, kitties aren't allowed in my office unless I'm in there, so I can keep an eye on hummie!  I don't want teeth marks all over him.  :-)

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to but it's too expensive for me to send from where I live.
You can always request that you get someone in your own country :) I did overseas one year and shipping was horribly expensive, but this year I requested a stateside Santee, and had no shipping problems.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I received a package yesterday. Someone decided to be an "unofficial" Secret Santa to me. When the outside package was opened, there were two packages for the ladies and a card for me. The card had two Barnes and Noble gift cards with it. When I opened the two for the ladies, one had four furry mice and three ping-pong balls and the other was some Stella and Chewy's chicken freeze-dried raw food and some freeze-dried liver treats. When I get back from going to my sister's this weekend, I will try and see if they like them. They love the mice and ping-pong balls. I gave them one of each for the time being.

The note with the card for me said something else is coming, but didn't make it to them before Christmas.

Whoever sent the presents, bless you. May your generosity and thoughtfulness be returned seventy times seven.
In getting ready to go for the annual family get-together, I neglected to post that I did get the other package. It was a black T-shirt with   The Ladies' Personal Gentleman   on it.  I wore it home from OKC yesterday and never explained it to anyone that saw it. I did get a sneer and an unprintable comment from a Mr. Macho type, though. I just ignored him and thought to myself, "I bet you are a person that beats your animals and family."

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can always request that you get someone in your own country :) I did overseas one year and shipping was horribly expensive, but this year I requested a stateside Santee, and had no shipping problems.
How on earth would that work?