2013 Secret Santa received thread!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

PM me your address. I've never shipped to Iceland, but I've shipped to Denmark before. I had a friend in Denmark that couldn't get Mountain Dew soda so I would ship him a couple cases a year, along with Beef Jerky which he also couldn't buy there, and real maple syrup.
Shipping to Iceland was expensive from the USA!  It's a good thing Pollyanna liked what I sent lol.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shipping to Iceland was expensive from the USA!  It's a good thing Pollyanna liked what I sent lol.
That is why I recommend using second class when shipping to me! (and making sure it is marked as a gift, other wise I might have to pay large amounts for costumes) Your gift was also rather heavy, with the class bottle of maple syrup and the hand soap bottle in it.....but you are so right I REALLY REALLY LOVED everything you sent! :clap:

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dearest Secret Santa, 
It was only today that I managed to pick up the package you sent. :clap: It came all the way from ICELAND. :woohoo: Will post pictures of the goodies tomorrow. Thank you so very, very much! :heart4:
I am SOOOOOO relieved that the parcel finally got to the destination! :)
You are very welcome, I hope you like it! :)

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
From my TCS Secret Santa - Pollyanna

A very informative guide of Iceland

A local newspaper 

Cute kitty cellphone accessory

Threads

Towelette, notebook and hook in my favorite color - lavender

Lavender incense sticks

Volcanic ash from a glacier in Southern Iceland

Lava rock from Northern Iceland

Set of measuring spoons ( I needed those! How did you know?)

Iceland sweets

Dried Cod (a delicacy) 

Love the gifts! Thank you so very much!!! 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is why I recommend using second class when shipping to me! (and making sure it is marked as a gift, other wise I might have to pay large amounts for costumes) Your gift was also rather heavy, with the class bottle of maple syrup and the hand soap bottle in it.....but you are so right I REALLY REALLY LOVED everything you sent!
Oh I marked it as a gift for sure.  The guy in the post office questioned me quite a bit about the contents LOL.  I didn't tell him about the syrup, because when I got there I saw a big sign posted saying liquids had to be wrapped in something which wouldn't leak.  By that time, I wasn't about to go home and start over, so I didn't declare it.  As for the costs, we did the cheapest way possible, he was great about making sure I didn't overpay.  I just honestly had no idea shipping via the post office was so costly.  And yes, it was heavier than I anticipated as well.

No matter - it was enjoyable putting it together, and it didn't break the bank for me either.  I was disappointed to hear one of the ornaments broke but overall, it could have turned out to be much worse!

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A very informative guide of Iceland

A local newspaper 

Cute kitty cellphone accessory

Threads

Towelette, notebook and hook in my favorite color - lavender

Lavender incense sticks

Volcanic ash from a glacier in Southern Iceland

Lava rock from Northern Iceland

Set of measuring spoons ( I needed those! How did you know?)

Iceland sweets

Dried Cod (a delicacy) 

Love the gifts! Thank you so very much!!! 
Wow, volcanic ash and a lava rock?  That is SO cool! My boyfriend would have grabbed those out and kept them for his own 

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've only seen the chocolate, and the caramel ones here.  But that's enough!  These are so good, I each a whole package in an evening! 
Teehee! Here's a bag 

lf l had known that, l would have sent more. A person can never have enough chocolatey goodness.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Ahhh.  Nice Saturday afternoon, staying inside on an overcast day, baking pumpkin cookies and watching a silly movie on TV, sipping hot chocolate from my faaaabulous Christmas mug (thanks again @StarryEyedTiGeR  )  

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds great!!  I had my mug with hot chocolate from my SS out last night.
  No baking though.  It's a first world problem; but I'm almost out of dishwasher detergent so I'm being stingy with the dishes till we grocery shop sometime today or tomorrow.
  We'd have gone already but the little "snow shower" they called for turned heavy for a while and the road looked icky!  Now the sun is out and I'm not ready...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh.  Nice Saturday afternoon, staying inside on an overcast day, baking pumpkin cookies and watching a silly movie on TV, sipping hot chocolate from my faaaabulous Christmas mug (thanks again @StarryEyedTiGeR
 )  :high5:

Aww @betsygee you just made my night! Just now seeing this, and I'm so happy you like your mug! I have the same one too, and I love it! :D

Ahhh.  Nice Saturday afternoon, staying inside on an overcast day, baking pumpkin cookies and watching a silly movie on TV, sipping hot chocolate from my faaaabulous Christmas mug (thanks again @StarryEyedTiGeR
 )  :high5:

That sounds great!!  I had my mug with hot chocolate from my SS out last night. :bigthumb:   No baking though.  It's a first world problem; but I'm almost out of dishwasher detergent so I'm being stingy with the dishes till we grocery shop sometime today or tomorrow. :anon:   We'd have gone already but the little "snow shower" they called for turned heavy for a while and the road looked icky!  Now the sun is out and I'm not ready...
Hot chocolate is the best!

Can you touch the paint up with canvas paint from a craft store, and maybe use it as a produce bag for when you go to the store?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, where are our pictures????

l'm going to test to see if l'm doing this video thing properly. l'll edit this out if not.
Woohoo! My parcel arrived, my parcel arrived! And a very nice parcel it was, too.
Thank you to my Secret Santa. l can't wait to open the beautiful gifts on Christmas morning!

Tanner and Rhys helped me open the box

View media item 191449

Tanner gave everything a going over, while Rhys chewed on one of the gifts and gave it a right good bunny-kicking!

View media item 191450[/UR

My Secret Santa wanted me to open the cone-shaped gift immediately, so of course it was opened immediately.
lt's a gorgeous bauble-tree, which is now gracing my dining room table. Here's Bretten giving it the sniff-test after opening it.

[URL=http://www.thecatsite.com/content/type/61/id/191452/width/500/height/700]View media item 191452

Bretten checking out the new gifts under the tree

View media item 191453

And finally, my new Christmas tree decorating our table (l LOVE this tree)

View media item 191454
[/URL]
OK here goes!!!!! GoldyCat was my Secret Santa!! Thank you sooooo much!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Simon & Garfunkel helping mama open the gift!

[URL=http://www.thecatsite.com/content/type/61/id/191079/]
Ohhhhh, I knew right away by this reaction that it must be catnip!!!

This picture does not capture the intensity with which she was holding onto the pillow and licking it for all she was wort

Little treats for each kitty, so sweet!

[/U

Catnip candies!!! Made from felt I think.

[URL=http://www.thecatsite.com/content/type/61/id/191084/]

Now Mama's treats!!!! Some DELICIOUS peanut brittle!

A hand-painted ornament. Very lovely! So excited to put it on the tree :)

A hand-woven basket from the Carib tribe in Dominica. Will definitely put this to use, on my nightstand to hold jewelry!

A piano book of blues songs! We love it, GoldyCat! (My boyfriend says thank you for no Broadway tunes, haha!)

What a wonderful Secret Santa gift... I am feeling all warm and fuzzy, and so excited! I was really going to try and be a lightsider and I stared at the box for 10-15 minutes but there really was no way, I was WAY too excited!!!!!
[/URL]
http://www.thecatsite.com/content/type/61/id/191082/[/url]

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I listened to it again and I heard a few squeaks towards the end.  What a fun toy!  My twins love it.

Here are some pictures of the opened gifts!  I have a bunch more with the cats involved, but I have to process them.

The whole lot!

Close up of the ornaments for Abby, Spencer and Katie!  I didn't have a tree up this year, but I will definitely put these on one next year, or even hang them from some garland.

A very fun dragon fly toy for the kits, holistic cat foot, card, tote with tea towels and oven mitts, and a TCS tot

Close up of a few of the cat toys. 

Spencer is crazy mad over the mop toy with feather, and of course the Da Bird refills are always a huge hit!

Another wide shot.  I absolutely love that Nivea Body Wash! It smells of oranges. I've been buying it for a few years now and it's my absolutely favourite!

Another angle

I managed to get the bag of springs back from Katie so I could take a picture of it!  LOL

A close up of the Japanese toy with the operation instructions, clear as mud!  LOL

And finally, the toe with tea towels and oven mitts!

Thank you so much Andrya!  It was so fun opening them.  Once I process the rest of the pictures, I'll post some of the kits playing. I finally figured out how to do continuous captures, so I actually have some action shots.
I so love the smell of citrus so I wondered if I could get the shower soap you got. Last week I went into my drugstore and they were sellingmmassive bottles 1+1. They're now waiting to be used.
:wavey: