Have you ever noticed the magnetic pull a simple cardboard box has on our feline friends?
It's as if boxes are the feline equivalent of a spa retreat, a little haven that calls to them, 'Come, sit, contemplate life.'
From the tiniest kittens to the grandest of old-timers, no cat can resist the siren call of an unattended box. In this whimsical collection of 52 photographs, we explore the humor and charm of cats in boxes.
Each image provides another hilarious reason why cats simply must claim every box they see.
1. Because the box was too big -
2. Because the box was too small -
3. Because the box was too empty -
4. Because the box was way too full -
5. Because you just needed a nap -
6. Because you wanted to hang out with your buddy -
7. Because you wanted to hang out with ALL of your buddies!
8. Because you felt like hiding -
9. Because you felt like hiding AND swatting at humans passing by -
10. Because you needed a place to contemplate the meaning of life, the universe and everything -
11. Or a secret hideout where you can plot your revenge on the vet.
12. With your buddies of course!
13. Because you wanted to hide away from that nosy dog -
14. Or your nosy sister.
15. Because it was full of fun crinkly newspapers -
16. Because it was full of soft fluffy stuff -
17. Because it was full of lots and lots and lots of really soft and fluffy stuff!
18. Because the box brings out the green in your eyes -
19. Because it just really brings out the green in your eyes (even if your eyes are not green)!
20. Because no matter what color your eyes are a box can really frame your eyes in a picture -
21. Or your nose -
22. Or your tail!
23. Because it's how you can get your manicure done -
26. Because you look awesome in pink -
27. Because orange is the new black -
28. Because your toys were right next to the box -
29. Because your toys were right in the box -
30. Because you wanted to feel what it was like to be Tinkerbell!
31. Because you wanted to see what it feels like to be square -
32. Because nobody else was doing it and you wanted to set a new trend -
33. Because everyone else is doing it -
34. And it's always in fashion -
34. Because the box tasted so good -
35. Because it tasted sooo good and you just couldn't stop!
36. Because it didn't really taste that good but the chewed-up pieces were the perfect addition to the room decor -
37. Because the hamster got a new wheel, so you had to at least get the box it came in -
38. Because you're a Pepsi kind of cat -
39. Because you hate Pepsi and only go for Coca Cola -
40. Because the box said "Priority" and you know you're the number one priority in this household.
41. Because the box said "Special Kitty" and that was obviously you -
42. Because you always wanted to see the beach and the box said "Malibu" -
43. Because you wanted to feel safe and the box said "Secur" (sic).
44. Because you were hungry and the box said "tuna" -
45. Because the box told you to get inside it. It said "just do it", so you had no choice -
46. Because the box just jumped on you and made you get inside it -
47. Because an evil force flattened the poor box and you had to try and get inside just one last time, to pay your respects -
48. Because you're a tabby -
49. Because you're white -
50. Because you're black -
51. Because you're a tri-colored cat -
52. Because "tomato, tomahto", it doesn't matter what color you are. If you're a cat, you want to get in that box!
Did you enjoy this list of reasons? Why not share it with your friends? Here's an image you can easily pin on Pinterest for this list -
Thanks for sharing the love for cats and don't forget to leave us a comment!
Note: We may get commissions for purchases made through links on this page.