KITTY WITH DANDELION AND THE PRINCESS

3kitmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, and Blessings of the Day! We are new here, as invited by my friend Rebecca. Wow! What a terrific site this is; can't wait to further explore! I'm Kitty, the cat's Momperson. Seventeen years ago, I found a 3 month old gorgeous silver tabby at the shelter. We decided to name him Quicksilver (Quickie for short). The next day, I went to pick him up.... and, well, he had this little girl baby with him, a pretty tiny tuxedo baby. I met my husband in the parking lot; I was carrying two boxes. He said, "What's that?" I laughed, and said, "This is Quickie! I don't know who this is. She belongs to him!" Husband named our new baby Princess. Quickie grew and grew, eventually weighing 30#! He was really gorgeous, and really stupid, but lovable. The Princess grew to maybe ten pounds, but she was always the clever top dog! When she called,Quickie came on the run! "Yes, Ma'am!" It was just so funny to watch. We loved and enjoyed them until Quickie was twelve. He had several strokes, was incontinent, was crawling to me on his elbows, crying. It was just heart breaking. I called the shelter; I called the vet. No one could help me put him down. We finally decided the best thing was to help him ourselves, to cross that rainbow bridge. We avoided the terrifying trip in the car to the frightening new place. Husband and I took turns cuddling Quickie, smoothing him, loving him. He died in the night. My husband hero buried our Quickie boy in the canyon. Princess spent the next weeks searching for her mate, crying for him. We all cried. I thought, "This is just too hard; I'm going to find a baby for Princess." We now have Dandelion (Dandy for short) Dandy is now almost four, a real joker and crackup. That cat cannot stand to be bored! She does Princess bonkers now and then, but Princess and Dandy laugh together, playing jokes on one another. Dandy is an all-white Ragdoll; well, she is also green and pink! They say Ragdoll cats are dog-like, and Dandy is. She follows me everywhere, including her own pillow above mine. She talks, expressing herself quite well. We do have fun! But she "pretends terror" when I throw little balls at her. She really is a kick!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
0d13c8ea31366e2c229115fd4127191a.jpg
to you Princess and Dandy and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
19c3f133001584443cf2de73b0583333.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We are so
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about Quicksilver :alright: You may want to pay a tribute to him and you may do so here in Crossing the Bridge

Do post photos of Princess and Dandy for us to see! :camera::camera::camera:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Kitty and :welcomesign: to TCS ,it's a pleasure to meet you and Blessings to you,hubby,Princess and Dandy..... I'm very sorry for your loss ,your darling Quickie boy,I'd love to sew his photos ( we all would) as well as your other furbabies

THANK YOU for your delightful intro-and sharing such lovely " gotcha " stories ❤❤❤

My name is Kwik( a dear friend of mine calls me " Kwikie" ,isn't that funny!Look forward to seeing you in the Forums😁

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
A big welcome to you Kitty and your fur munchkins Dandy and Princess! So sorry to hear about Quickie, at least he got to spend his last hours with his family. Hope you enjoy reading the forums in this awesome community! (I know I do!!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3kitmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, Fellow Cat Peeps! I'd like to reply to each lovely welcome us, but cannot quite figure out how. So:
To Kwikie's mom ... I had to laugh at this one! Another Quickie! My 20-something son said, "Mom! You can't name a cat that!" I just laughed, and did! European friends could not cog on to the idea, so called him Cookie! Another good cat name! I see your Kwik is a gorgeous golden tabby. My mother and I once adopted matching brothers who were gorgeous golden tabbies. We named those big boys Jelly and Jammy. Another was named Fondue! Jammy was mine, and he fell in love with our baby daughter ... he was her serious protector for the next 13 years.
Bek! I'm pleased I found your site; it's special. The Best was to hear you will soon have a new housemate! I'm really happy about that. Good luck to both of you for finding the perfect match. I know you will! And remember ... if you don't get what you want, that is because something better is coming for you.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Fellow Cat Peeps! I'd like to reply to each lovely welcome us, but cannot quite figure out how. So:
To Kwikie's mom ... I had to laugh at this one! Another Quickie! My 20-something son said, "Mom! You can't name a cat that!" I just laughed, and did! European friends could not cog on to the idea, so called him Cookie! Another good cat name! I see your Kwik is a gorgeous golden tabby. My mother and I once adopted matching brothers who were gorgeous golden tabbies. We named those big boys Jelly and Jammy. Another was named Fondue! Jammy was mine, and he fell in love with our baby daughter ... he was her serious protector for the next 13 years.
Bek! I'm pleased I found your site; it's special. The Best was to hear you will soon have a new housemate! I'm really happy about that. Good luck to both of you for finding the perfect match. I know you will! And remember ... if you don't get what you want, that is because something better is coming for you.
I'm KWIK- rofl..... the beautiful boy in my avatar photo was named Cheech( rip)- he was the love of my life for almost 2decades

Funny your European friends though an odd name for a cat- imagine what they'd think of a human named Kwik!!!!!They'd have to ask my Dad about that if he were still with us,it was his doing!

So you are Beks friend? WOW- now I know you have good taste and I'm rolling out the red carpet.......any friend of Beks is a friend worth knowing❤

3kitmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Thank you for your nice note! I do enjoy 'talking' with Bek. It just makes me laugh, as we have so much in common! She is such a special person ...see? So much in common!
Your dad surely left you with a very special gift, your unique name. Nice! Europeans would likely ask if that's your middle name, and if your first name is Chocolate!!! Well, better than Nestle!
Oh, Cheech! Good one! Our perfect lady Labrador was named Chita (as in Rivera!) Wow ... twenty years, that's a long time for a catterpuss. My Princess will be 17 in September. She's doing well, although skinny. She plays a lot with Dandy, who I guess keeps her young! Princess will growl at Dandy if D bugs her too much. It's an interesting dynamic to watch ... Dandy is most respectful of Princess. Princess always allows Dandy to eat first, but D never eats more than her share. Fascinating!
Here's one I liked from Daily Purr. Muriel Barbery: The only purpose of cats is that they constitute mobile decorative objects.
Take good care! Kitty

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Thank you for your nice note! I do enjoy 'talking' with Bek. It just makes me laugh, as we have so much in common! She is such a special person ...see? So much in common!
Your dad surely left you with a very special gift, your unique name. Nice! Europeans would likely ask if that's your middle name, and if your first name is Chocolate!!! Well, better than Nestle!
Oh, Cheech! Good one! Our perfect lady Labrador was named Chita (as in Rivera!) Wow ... twenty years, that's a long time for a catterpuss. My Princess will be 17 in September. She's doing well, although skinny. She plays a lot with Dandy, who I guess keeps her young! Princess will growl at Dandy if D bugs her too much. It's an interesting dynamic to watch ... Dandy is most respectful of Princess. Princess always allows Dandy to eat first, but D never eats more than her share. Fascinating!
Here's one I liked from Daily Purr. Muriel Barbery: The only purpose of cats is that they constitute mobile decorative objects.
Take good care! Kitty
Wow - 17,such a Blessing...... May there be many more,happy n healthy

Lol- Im dark skinned,Italian .... As a kid my cousins used to sing " choc a la la la late" like the Nestle Quik Chocolate milk commercial and call me their Choclate bunny- lol. Teasing lovingly in good fun

Photos of Princess ? Please?! Love to see your " catterpusses"

3kitmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey! That's fun and funny ... hope your cousins were not mean to you! My nickname is Kitty, and of course, I got teased about that, a lot! I've grown to love and appreciate it! My name is a gift from my Grandma Kitty! I'm a Meryl Streep lookalike, often mistaken by people. I got the white skin, hazel eyes, the freckles, but missed out on the glorious red hair! It's a pretty steel grey now; I like it! At 5'10" I am the shortest person in the family!
I'm the only person in San Diego without a cell phone! I'll ask husband to work to get me some Dandy pictures.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey! That's fun and funny ... hope your cousins were not mean to you! My nickname is Kitty, and of course, I got teased about that, a lot! I've grown to love and appreciate it! My name is a gift from my Grandma Kitty! I'm a Meryl Streep lookalike, often mistaken by people. I got the white skin, hazel eyes, the freckles, but missed out on the glorious red hair! It's a pretty steel grey now; I like it! At 5'10" I am the shortest person in the family!
I'm the only person in San Diego without a cell phone! I'll ask husband to work to get me some Dandy pictures.
Wow,no cell phone!!!!I like you more & more ,the more I learn about you Miss Kitty- lol. And of course I LOVE your name ,purrrfect!

Nah,my cousins were great- I was the favorite of them all - the thing is my family were all blonde and green or blue eyed ( Palermo, Sicily)- one cousin and myself look like twins,black hair,brown eyes,dark complexion - he's the oldest and we are still besties til this day

3kitmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, I really am the short person in the family! Younger son is 6'7"! I joke he makes every woman feel petite! He just laughs and rolls his eyes at me! Also I remind them, "The mark of a man is not based on his stature!"

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:

Your post about your cats made me both smile and weep at the same time. Stories about cats have a way of doing that. Glad you've found us. Hope you'll be able to post pics. :catlove: