You May Be A Cat Person If...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might be a cat person when you're planning a move to a new job in another state and a co-worker asks, "Are you taking the cats?" and you barely restrain yourself from launching yourself across the table at him with hands outstretched to fasten around his neck and squeeze and squeeze and squeeze. But instead, you say through gritted teeth, "Would you take your children if you were moving or would you just throw them out in the yard and drive off." And when offended co-worker walks away, you growl softly at his departing back.
*OH YEAH!!!* :livid::angryfire::argh::fuming::angrywoman::fireblob::yelling:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
You might be a cat person if you sleep in another bed from your (human) significant other because your 20-year-old cat will sleep only between you and the edge of the bed, and you inadvertently pushed kitty onto the floor twice during the night, causing him to cry from the pain of his arthritis. :(

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might be a cat person when you're planning a move to a new job in another state and a co-worker asks, "Are you taking the cats?" and you barely restrain yourself from launching yourself across the table at him with hands outstretched to fasten around his neck and squeeze and squeeze and squeeze. But instead, you say through gritted teeth, "Would you take your children if you were moving or would you just throw them out in the yard and drive off." And when offended co-worker walks away, you growl softly at his departing back.
I think I love you.
I don't have your restraint, or didn't used to. I had a former friend give me a passive aggressive snarky comment about moving a few half ferals to a new, rural home many MANY miles away (our home now!), and how that was "Crazy, why would you take those worthless cats with you".
I or may not have responded with "have you ever moved?" ("Yes.") "Why the hell did you take that homely wife with you?"
....Yeah, my restraint wasn't so good when I was a bit younger. I didn't even know this guys wife, LOL

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
….oh, baby....
If you check on your sleeping cat pretty much like other people check on their sleeping little human
Yes!!
And you check on your sick cat like you have in the past checked on a sick child. Make sure they're sleeping well, comfortable, and not needing anything because we don't suck, and we don't think love is restricted to people only. It's free, you know!

We also had for years a very blinged out cat poop scoop covered with diamonds. I don't even know why but box cleaning was shiny and fun in those days.

Also, you decide to make a trip into town for some food or whatever and realize your shirt is 100% covered in pet hair. You brush the loose stuff off a bit and say "whatever" and head on into the shops and figure if people don't like it, don't look at it.
For dog owners, if you've ever reached into the vegetable bin for some green beans or snow peas or something like that at the market with a produce bag stretched over your hand from muscle memory of picking up dog waste...it's efficient but kind of weird.
I also reached into my pocket one day to get some change for the checker and knocked a roll of dog poop bags (we were cleaning the yard!) out. Just like toilet paper, the thing hit the floor, and then proceeded to run for about 50 yards before stopping. That was weirdly humiliating and I am still not sure exactly why.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I think I love you.
I don't have your restraint, or didn't used to. I had a former friend give me a passive aggressive snarky comment about moving a few half ferals to a new, rural home many MANY miles away (our home now!), and how that was "Crazy, why would you take those worthless cats with you".
I or may not have responded with "have you ever moved?" ("Yes.") "Why the hell did you take that homely wife with you?"
....Yeah, my restraint wasn't so good when I was a bit younger. I didn't even know this guys wife, LOL
:flail:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might be a cat person if you sleep in another bed from your (human) significant other because your 20-year-old cat will sleep only between you and the edge of the bed, and you inadvertently pushed kitty onto the floor twice during the night, causing him to cry from the pain of his arthritis. :(
A good human understands the reasons behind this and needs to be told so! =)

I totally love people who know how to love a different species. It's such a welcome difference from the self absorbed rat race!

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
... if you and your partner take turns sleeping with the new kitty on the couch so she doesn’t feel lonely. :zzzcat:
Yes, and if you sleep on a comforter on the bathroom floor with your 18-year-old kitty during the last week of her life to make sure she’s comfortable and not suffering.

And you know you’re a cat person if you sleep on the sofa at night with your 20-year-old boy so you can lift him down at night and follow him as he gets water and uses the litter box. And then you lift him back up next to you.

(Sorry to be a downer with these, but WE ARE CAT PEOPLE and we would do anything to help our friends avoid pain and suffering. You all know what I mean.)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I also reached into my pocket one day to get some change for the checker and knocked a roll of dog poop bags (we were cleaning the yard!) out. Just like toilet paper, the thing hit the floor, and then proceeded to run for about 50 yards before stopping. That was weirdly humiliating and I am still not sure exactly why.
:lol2:

You all know what I mean.)
Yeah, we so very much do :purr:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, right? Oh, the images that went through my head. He actually said, "Well that's not the same thing" as he walked away.
I would have been tempted to say, among other things, that cats would be my #1 priority, as they are. :sigh: And I think I should stop there so as not to get thrown off TCS for using profanities.:censored: