You know you're old when....

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That also reminds me of when Joan Kirner, the first female Premier of Victoria, did a version of I Love Rock'n'Roll after she was defeated in the '92 election. It was so bad (well, she wasn't really trying to sing) it was brilliant. Iirc she joked later that if she'd made the video before the election, she might have won! It featured in another exhibition at the museum a couple of years later, and the tape got worn out because so many people played it.
I had to look this up on Youtube. It is definitely brilliant. She might very well have won if she'd done it before the election.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remembering gathering around the TV with my cousins to see "the Beatles" on the Ed Sullivan Show..... my Dad was appalled by their long hair,lol
My sister and I were gathered around the TV to see them on Ed Sullivan all 3 times. I fell in love with John and to this day I still love him! R.I P.

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister and I were gathered around the TV to see them on Ed Sullivan all 3 times. I fell in love with John and to this day I still love him! R.I P.
How about going to see "Hard Days Night " & "Help".... I think I was only about 8 and with my cousin-dont remember our Moms being there but they must've let us sit together in the row ahead because certainly we couldn't have gone ourselves.....I remember I was not liking the girls screaming during the movie

Pywacket21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Was in the grocery store on my daughters birthday cashier asked me how are you doing? I said oh I’m feeling old oh I said yeah today is my daughter’s birthday. She’s 51 I feel decrepit.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Or going to the grocery store with $20 and coming back with a trunk full of bags (the paper kind).
Wow,I remember when $20 went a long way......When I was in High School my Dad would slip me $5 for gas,my friends were so jealous cause I could " fill er up"..... in those days the attendant pumped your gas,there was no self served AND they cleaned your windows ,checked the oil,water,tranny fluid & battery!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew I was old when I stood at the check out in WalMart waiting for a cashier( in the self check out)..... when she said " you do it yourself" I replied,where do I go so that someone elsd does it?

That's when they were open 24hrs & I'd shop at 4or 5am
and the self check out section was new.....they were sweet enough to open a register whenever I came in- for the nice old lady,lol

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I knew I was old when I stood at the check out in WalMart waiting for a cashier( in the self check out)..... when she said " you do it yourself" I replied,where do I go so that someone elsd does it?

That's when they were open 24hrs & I'd shop at 4or 5am
and the self check out section was new.....they were sweet enough to open a register whenever I came in- for the nice old lady,lol
I hate self checkouts with a passion and refuse to use them. Something always gets screwed up along the way and I have to flag someone down for help, it makes more sense for someone who is trained to do that do it for me because obviously, I'm no good at it!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate self checkouts with a passion and refuse to use them. Something always gets screwed up along the way and I have to flag someone down for help, it makes more sense for someone who is trained to do that do it for me because obviously, I'm no good at it!
ME TOO!And many of them look at you like you're inconveniencing them..... not too bright,it's job insurance!