You know you're old when....

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw this and giggled...because yes, it's a great feeling using a new scrubbing sponge.
1689702924572.png

There are a few other things I've experienced over the years where I thought...I'm so old now that "blank" makes me happy/excited.

One was when I bought a new washing machine and dryer. Seriously, that first week of laundry with the new machines was fantastic!

So how about you...have any "I'm old (or mature if you prefer) now" moments?

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I try really hard not to see this, but it's when my neighbor is outside lifting weights, doing pushups, jumping, running, doing stretches and basically acting like she's preparing for the Olympics. I exercise myself of course but it bothers me that I can't do things like my neighbor does.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I get a senior discount. I mean, yea, I'll take the discount..but senior? I guess I am.
My mind is still in it's 20's, my body thinks otherwise.

And here's one. My online friend from Australia - who is my son's age - is now more my son's online friend than he is mine. I get it, but it makes me feel old.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you mention someone like Barney Fife and people around you incredulously say "Who's that?"
Oh that reminds me of something from years ago! During the 90s I was working at a museum that had a big insect exhibition on. There were quizzes and the like for schoolkids, and one of the questions was to name a pop group with an insect-related name. One of my coworkers was trying to get some kids to come up with the name Adam Ant. They'd never heard of him. Coworker said he was very big in 1980-whatever-it-was and the kids said "We weren't born then." Coworker immediately felt like a Very Old Man - he was 29! :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When your mom and one of her friends (since your own childhood) take you with them to go wine and beer tasting at the local wineries and breweries. Since when am I one of the girls!? :lol:

Also explaining slang like “Who cut the cheese?” to your teenager. Apparently she heard it in a book and thought it was about actual cheese.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that reminds me of something from years ago! During the 90s I was working at a museum that had a big insect exhibition on. There were quizzes and the like for schoolkids, and one of the questions was to name a pop group with an insect-related name. One of my coworkers was trying to get some kids to come up with the name Adam Ant. They'd never heard of him. Coworker said he was very big in 1980-whatever-it-was and the kids said "We weren't born then." Coworker immediately felt like a Very Old Man - he was 29! :lol:
That’s so funny…I went to a hairstylists a couple months ago and said: “I want a haircut like Joan Jett’s!” the lady looked at me blankly and said “who?”:nervous:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s so funny…I went to a hairstylists a couple months ago and said: “I want a haircut like Joan Jett’s!” the lady looked at me blankly and said “who?”:nervous:
That also reminds me of when Joan Kirner, the first female Premier of Victoria, did a version of I Love Rock'n'Roll after she was defeated in the '92 election. It was so bad (well, she wasn't really trying to sing) it was brilliant. Iirc she joked later that if she'd made the video before the election, she might have won! It featured in another exhibition at the museum a couple of years later, and the tape got worn out because so many people played it.