You know you're old when....

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you're old if you know what this is...
I know exactly what that is. When I got my first car that didn't have that, I kept slamming the floor with my foot to turn on my brights.
Funny story, when I learned to drive, it was on an old truck, manual trans. column shift, and the starter button on the floorboard. Battery in floorboard on passenger side. You won't find those anymore.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL not good, just not interested in drinking or parties or whatever, and I didn't drive, so it would have meant using public transport - no way was I doing that at night!
Lol-never drank( yuk) oh bit how I could dance all night long!Used to love to dance.....maybe if I got new knees ....? Yeah,old- body simply will not cooperate with my mind

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I just listened to this lol I can't afford for my spine to be shrinking I'm only 4ft 11 HAHAHAHAHA
Ha!that's another thing,I used to be 5 foot one & a half inches-down to 5'---- at this rate if I'm so Blessed to see another decade I'll be 4ft nothing!!!!Well,at least I'll always be " looking up"-lol

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol-never drank( yuk) oh bit how I could dance all night long!Used to love to dance.....maybe if I got new knees ....? Yeah,old- body simply will not cooperate with my mind
Yeah, my brief time of being interested in dancing and going out was in my Goth days in my 30s, and that was maybe once a year! Otherwise we went on picnics that tended to turn into Monty Python quotation fests pretty quickly. 😆

I hear you about the knees! I don’t have osteoporosis or arthritis, but with a cartilage fissure in one and a strained tendon in the other, who needs ‘em?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, my brief time of being interested in dancing and going out was in my Goth days in my 30s, and that was maybe once a year! Otherwise we went on picnics that tended to turn into Monty Python quotation fests pretty quickly. 😆

I hear you about the knees! I don’t have osteoporosis or arthritis, but with a cartilage fissure in one and a strained tendon in the other, who needs ‘em?
Hahaha. The dead parrot " no more,bereft of life_ had you not nailed it to the perch it'd be pushing up daisies"

Loved Monty Python's Flying Circus. Now I'm really showing my age!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drive an '04 stick shift with a regular AM/FM radio and a CD player. The younger generation considers it an antique I'm sure. The car before that had a cassette player. 🤣
My vehicle has a CD player. But I don't have any CDs! :lol::dunno:

Hahaha. The dead parrot " no more,bereft of life_ had you not nailed it to the perch it'd be pushing up daisies"

Loved Monty Python's Flying Circus. Now I'm really showing my age!
It's on Netflix now, I've been watching it lately.