You know you're old when....

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You know you are old when everyone else, police, doctors, judges, all look like kids.

You turn down the stereo to see better at night while driving.

You are actually offended at some jokes.

You no longer look in the mirror, or get on a scale, or wear high heels.

You realize you have not only toilet paper on your shoe, but the whole roll is being dragged behind from your waist band and you actually don’t care.

You buy clothes and shoes for comfort and quality.

You realize you are the oldest person at your job. You’re even older than your boss.

You have no desire to go out.

Your car breaks down and nobody stops for hours. When they do stop, the person states they wouldn’t want their Grandma to be stuck on the road and would like to think someone would stop if it was her.

You become invisible to the opposite sex.

You wake up one morning and realize your eyebrows have fallen down on to your chin.
Don't forget, you hate noise. All noise.
And the prospect of leaving the house after 7PM is foreign even though you remember being 19 and taking off for the evening at 10PM.
And no, I don't know who that instagram model is. I don't know who that "influencer" is. I am not doing your stupid "challenges". I do not eat Tide pods, I have a brain.
And when you do actually go to someone's house to socialize, you ignore the people and become mesmerized by their cat(s).

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
And the prospect of leaving the house after 7PM is foreign even though you remember being 19 and taking off for the evening at 10PM.
And no, I don't know who that instagram model is. I don't know who that "influencer" is. I am not doing your stupid "challenges". I do not eat Tide pods, I have a brain.
And when you do actually go to someone's house to socialize, you ignore the people and become mesmerized by their cat(s).
ROFL....0h my- all the boxes are checked by me!I'm so old..... hahaha,I have to drive home before sunset,hate driving at night( no clue why,same crazy people out 24/7

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I felt really old when I heard a couple of teens talking about what a good idea it would be if they had a long charging cable on the wall for their phone so they could move around and talk while it's charging!

I said," that'd be the same as the old wall phones we used to use with those 10 ft coil cords"- they had no idea those existed

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I felt really old when I heard a couple of teens talking about what a good idea it would be if they had a long charging cable on the wall for their phone so they could move around and talk while it's charging!

I said," that'd be the same as the old wall phones we used to use with those 10 ft coil cords"- they had no idea those existed
Show them a rotary one. Their minds will be blown. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really hope this is fake...

View attachment 455121
It's not. I'm not sure if this is the childrens science museum we visited recently but that one was working on an exhibit featuring technology that is definitely from within the last 20 years. It wasn't open to walk through yet but we could see parts of it and I saw things that I would have described as modern. I guess to kids; they aren't! I wish I had snapped a few pictures so I could show you exactly what they had in there. It wasn't typewriters and record players or rotary phones. :disappointed:

They have hair accessories made from those in the juniors department at kohls. Or they did last fall anyway. I don't think there was a label on what they are calling them but I remember getting a "thats nice mom" look when I told DD phone cords used to look like those so you could walk all over. My grandma had one so long she could do anything she needed to in her kitchen while gossiping and complaining with her sisters. :flail:I looked around for a rotary phone when we were visiting my grandma but even she didn't have one of those anymore.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ll the kids who were born when I was already an adult are now adults. Now that makes you feel old!
My oldest niece just got engaged. Shes not the oldest grandchild but our nephew who is 5 years older hasn’t gotten married or had any kids yet; so the engagement has me feeling old!

I have one friend who is a grandmother but we aren’t close so it doesn’t feel as monumental. 😅

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well I guess I haven't played a CD in about 20 years so that does kind of belong in a museum!

All the kids who were born when I was already an adult are now adults. Now that makes you feel old!
I drive an '04 stick shift with a regular AM/FM radio and a CD player. The younger generation considers it an antique I'm sure. The car before that had a cassette player. 🤣

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I drive an '04 stick shift with a regular AM/FM radio and a CD player. The younger generation considers it an antique I'm sure. The car before that had a cassette player. 🤣
Wow,I guess CD's are now passe-I gave a friend's teen a ride in my car a couple of weeks ago and she asked me why I had "old "DVD's behind my visor,I said 'those are CD's",she had no idea what they were After I explained she still didn't get it & said " why would you want to " listen" to movies? Oi vey!( yep,I'm old-or they're not too bright these days)

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All This!
(Except the taking off at 10pm when I was 19. I never did that at any age.)

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a good girl! Not I,used to stay out until 4am and head straight to the barn to begun the day( sleep? What's that?)
LOL not good, just not interested in drinking or parties or whatever, and I didn't drive, so it would have meant using public transport - no way was I doing that at night!

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you are old when everyone else, police, doctors, judges, all look like kids.

You turn down the stereo to see better at night while driving.

You are actually offended at some jokes.

You no longer look in the mirror, or get on a scale, or wear high heels.

You realize you have not only toilet paper on your shoe, but the whole roll is being dragged behind from your waist band and you actually don’t care.

You buy clothes and shoes for comfort and quality.

You realize you are the oldest person at your job. You’re even older than your boss.

You have no desire to go out.

Your car breaks down and nobody stops for hours. When they do stop, the person states they wouldn’t want their Grandma to be stuck on the road and would like to think someone would stop if it was her.

You become invisible to the opposite sex.

You wake up one morning and realize your eyebrows have fallen down on to your chin.
Nailed it