Will Labor Ever Begin?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so very much. I am soooo anxious. I am possibly more anxious than her but not sure. She is doing mood swings again. Milk still in. Villa still swollen. No discharge or sign of contractions. No genital cleansing but is cleaning her nipples.

Kimberly07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You sound like me 12 days ago. I literally took two days off work, a thursday and friday because she was nesting and her food consumption had gone way down and she had them on Saturday (seriously). Deep breathes. I'm so excited to see your babies.

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kimberly07 you at least give me hope. She has been showing signs for five days but every day the symptoms go away. The only signs consistent is her milk.

Kittens are moving again. She isn’t nesting anymore. Was earlier but laid out on the floor now. Sleeps all day every day. Still eating although about three days ago she had quit. It’s so frustrating, but only due to my excitement. She wants me in here, but I can’t continue to sit every day. Lol. Praying it’s soon.

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also I have dental floss and towels, is there anything else besides gloves I may need?

I did shave her belly although she isn’t a long hair. My reasoning is because my mother in laws kitten didn’t eat for about two hours. It had the hardest time finding hers and her kitty had shorter hair than mine. I wanted to just in case.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since it sounds like you like being prepared, I'd probably have some KMR powder (or raw goat's milk) on hand along with syringe/bottles just in case. You can offer mom some KMR as extra nutrition while she's nursing but you'll also have it on hand should you need to help out. Don't forget a small scale, kitchen scales are good, so you can weigh the kittens and mointor their progress.

Weighing Newborn Kittens (and How This Could Save Their Lives)

• Purraise
Reactions: BRB

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg I forgot all about the scale. Thank you!

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Crossing fingers. She isn’t really breathing faster, but is breathing harder. While in her stomach I can see what looks to be her ribs while breathing. Little intentions, but then next minute I don’t. Praying these are contractions.

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Grrr. On not in and indentions not intentions. Auto correct

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whiskers moving. Does this mean contractions or does it happen during movement too?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she may be in stage one labor. This can last up to 24 hours. I’m betting you have kittens by the weekend.

Do you have powdered kitten formula on hand?

BRB BRB

Kimberly07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gracie an hour or tow before labor started came out and yelled at me (I was on the couch) and wanted me to follow her into her nesting room. When I would try to leave, she would meow loudly at me so I would stay and pet her in her nesting box. I didn't notice anything different with her whiskers. I did note that she was firmly planted in her box prior to panting started. How has her appetite been today?

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today is the first day I have actually left the room quite a bit so I can’t be 100% on appetite. She is still laying down a lot and has not been vocal for days. She does however try to break out if I leave but if I’m in here she is peaceful as can be.

Her babies are moving A LOT. When they do her whiskers kind of twitch and so do her paws. She is not in nest though.

Kimberly07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are the babies moving down low like by her hip and lower abdomen area. A few days before gracie gave birth I could feel babies wiggling very low towards the cervix area, but it was still a few days before labor. Honestly, the last week before labor lasts like two years in my head.

• Purraise
Reactions: BRB

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you see my post #35? I think she may be in first stage of labor.

Those movements are not her kittens moving. They are contractions.

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don’t have the KMR yet. Sent someone to get it just in case because she doesn’t want me to leave.

I was thinking it was the kittens because it comes and goes with no specific rhythm.

There is a small invention in front of her back hip and the movement is mostly there. And then there is more movement in between her nipples. Between second and third pair going from vulva.