Will Labor Ever Begin?

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. I can’t believe I am posting this, but just need to talk to people who aren’t tired of hearing about it.

My precious baby is pregnant (she will be spayed after this and should’ve been prior, but we just got her when it happened)

She is 68 days today. April 27th is the day she mated. Anywho, today is the first real signs of anything.

She has bested and has milk production/leakage. Her mood has been up and down today. Very affectionate then straight aggression. I thought I felt one contraction, but none since. Is still eating a lot. Breathing is normal. Temp is normal. Vulva is slightly swollen but very little. Although I must admit I’m not sure how swollen it would get. She is uncomfortable for sure, but still wants to lay down. She has been switching from side to stomach for days. One minute I think we are close and next we seem back to normal.

Vet doesn’t seem to concerned yet. Said to call if she hasn’t had them in two days. Did say if an emergency I could have an on call doc today due to the holiday. That’s comforting, but still just so anxious and ready.

Thanks and sorry for the annoyance of my impatience. Lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nested not bested sorry

And she just got out when it happened. Not just got her. ‍♀♀♀

So tired from the past four days.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our kitten litter experts will be along shortly, I'm sure, but I just want to say that she is an adorable cat. :purr:

• Purraise
Reactions: BRB

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much!

She has definitely dropped. Yesterday she looked really small, today it’s hit or miss. Kittens less active today.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No worries! She’ll have them soon! She’s showing all the normal signs of impending labor.

Try to relax and be patient. Most cats do just fine. :)

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m trying just so impatient. Every time I think we are starting I get so excited then she dwindles back down. Lol. I hope she goes in two days though. Vet said she does not need to go past that for sure. Although she is small it’s her first litter and he doesn’t want her to struggle.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooooooh! How cute! She does look like she could "pop" any second!

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can’t believe she hasn’t yet. Poor thing is so miserable. Has been for four days.

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How often should I check her temperature?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No need to check it at all. It’s not a reliable indicator and is uncomfortable for the cat.

I see you shaved her belly.

I would not let the vet induce labor or perform a C-section unless absolutely necessary.

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I definitely do not want them to. This morning she is much more uncomfortable. She come for her usual morning affection, but when she did she had to lay down. Walking was too much. Her eyes were different. Sounds weird, but you can see her exhaustion in them. She later got up and went and laid back on the floor.

Last night was incredibly hard for her because our neighbors released a lot of really big and loud fireworks. Glad that is over.

Kimberly07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is her nesting place in a dark quiet area? My Gracie was HUGE and uncomfortable, but she has a nesting bed underneath a loft bed in a room all to herself. I thought that would be good enough. So I decided to hand a blanket, tent style over her nesting box.....within two hours she was in labor. I think the openness of the room was too open. Once she started panting, I pulled back the tent portion and was able to give her support. Good luck!

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have a crib in that room with a liner over it. I’ll post pics. She also has a closet with a blanket just in case. She nests there frequently but just never happens

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She really likes to lay under the bed especially last night during the fireworks. When I leave the room she tries nonstop to escape but is fine when I’m in there. She is aggressive towards our other fur babies so we keep them away from her. The room is secluded to just her. She has done that since day 63 I believe and it’s day 69