Why did you join?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Link was missing and I was desperate for any tips to find lost cats. I don't think I actually joined until he was found and I needed recovery advice. He had been gone four days, returned with a broken leg and was at the vet for a week waiting on surgery for his leg. Since the next few months was just one thing after another because my boy is complicated I got sucked in and never left..... Which I am perfectly pleased with.

Here is the catalyst....

View attachment 330213
That pic belongs in a magazine! Did you take it with your phone?

I joined in January of 2017 because I was having problems with grieving about my Kirsten who went to the
bridge on 7 October, 2016. Everyone understood what I was going through. I felt like I'd come home.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I joined after taking a tiny Sundar from a breeder.. All of his litter mates had died and he had thoracic scoliosis and pectus excavatum (which basically means not a lot of room for his heart and his breathing). He's still with me and I'm very much still with TCS. :)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined after taking a tiny Sundar from a breeder.. All of his litter mates had died and he had thoracic scoliosis and pectus excavatum (which basically means not a lot of room for his heart and his breathing). He's still with me and I'm very much still with TCS. :)
Any pics of Sundar when he was a baby?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was adopting the girls and bringing them into the house with the dog.I wanted things to go perfectly so I came on here looking for advice on how to introduce them safely. I had everything set up for them in a separate room so the introductions could be done.

I brought them home, set them up in their room with all their things and then later went to check on them. This was about an hour after they got here. As I was leaving, Lilith snuck out of the room in front of me and who was at the door grinning like a fool? The dog. They checked each other out, sniffed each other and Lily went on to check out the rest of the house. While this was going on, Sophie wandered out after her sister. She and the dog checked each other out and same thing. Sophie wandered off after her sister. The dog's grin got bigger. They were never separated again.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
No not teensy, and he doesn't look too bad. I do have one where your can see he's not the right shape, but I'm on another computer.. mine just died, and it has all my files :( I think it's somewhere on the forum though, if I get time to look. My avatar is him as a teenager

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined when I started fostering (strays, ferals, pregnant cats), and needed someone to talk things through. I have just read some of my old threads, which made me cry! I was never one to write about losing a cat. I admire people who can post in "Crossing the Bridge", but I can't, So none of my most dramatic or painful experiences with cats has been recorded here. But reading about my poor fosters and the problems I had with them, and knowing that these were just the tip the iceberg, made me quite sad.
Also reading that, many years ago, I was interested in owning a British Short Hair cat, made me realise that this never did happen, There's no time like the present, so I googled locally and found a senior BSH, who needs a new home, so.....who knows? Too early, to discuss this with the rest of my household, as the cat may already be rehoused! :wavey: And then there were five?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It will be Mooch's 15th Gotcha day in about 10 days. I joined because she had the runs (which my husband didn't notice until he'd picked her up wearing a solid white t-shirt! :lol: ) And here I am nearly 15 years and +31,000 posts later. :lol:

You beat me by 18 days. :flail:

Smokey1987

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I joined when I noticed Smokey was gaining weight. I've had him since he was a day old because his feline momma abandoned the litter :-( He has been by my side (literally, even in the bathroom) for a year. I figured that I needed some help in raising him since he'll be with me until his time comes so, I googled "active cat forum" and this popped up. I adopted Nala since I joined and I'm not a super experienced cat keeper so I am planning on asking a lot of questions and trying to help out where i can! Friendly people here!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't remember if I joined right after my rainbow bridge girl Scratch was diagnosed with pyometra and I was looking for information on that, or if that happened right after I joined. Either way, I liked it enough here to stick around for just about 14 years. :)

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Honestly I joined because I was starting over with two new kittens after losing Cotton, Beju and Makita. I was sooo sad losing my two 16yr old cats and our 13yr old dog. It was all in a years time. I Needed somewhere to go with my grief and fear. Somewhat daunting taking on two kittens which I hadn’t done before. Still grieving over my beloved previous precious pets, it was very painful...😞

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I think it was when I got Honeybee? Time seem to have escaped me...I was poking around looking for a cat member type site..honeybee has asthma and I also lost a cat to bone cancer so was looking for answers for those health problems-which didn't really find the answers but been a fun time here learning about everyone...