Why did you join?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Why did you join The Cat Site?

I had lurked when my previous cat was dying, trying to figure out what was wrong with her. When we adopted Abby she had some allergy and anxiety issues and I joined to try to get some help with those. Here I still am, almost 15 years later.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Catster was closing the community features (forum, pet profiles, groups) so I was looking for another cat forum to join. Catster members posted links to various forums and TCS was one of them. I lurked for awhile before joining.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had been lurking in the describing cats section and was curious why my kitten was so long and lanky with big ears compared to my husband/then bf's cat and if she'd grow into them, and apparently got curious enough to join and ask and decided to stick around.

I probably found the site via a google search about what breed my cat was - I'd read enough to figure she was dsh before I posted, but I waa naïve enough at one time to think my former feral might have some breed in her.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Link was missing and I was desperate for any tips to find lost cats. I don't think I actually joined until he was found and I needed recovery advice. He had been gone four days, returned with a broken leg and was at the vet for a week waiting on surgery for his leg. Since the next few months was just one thing after another because my boy is complicated I got sucked in and never left..... Which I am perfectly pleased with.

Here is the catalyst....

20200311_173201.jpg

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined in the beginning of August of 2018, when two of my three kitties were pretty well terminal. One had advanced CKD (Toby, 20y/o), and the other had been diagnosed with HCM (Hank 10y/o). We were doing all we could and I was looking for support, ideas, and help from those who may have dealt with either. During that time, our third kitty (Chewy 18y/o) ended up also getting sick, with very confusing symptoms that even had our vet stumped. Turns out it was a rare and very aggressive form of cancer, we only knew what it was after an autopsy. So being able to bounce ideas and theories around was very helpful, not only for me but for my kitties also.
All three of them passed away within 2 months of each other starting in late September of 2018, and I think the support and help leading up to their deaths is part of what gave me the strength to keep pushing thru. My life was pretty well on hold and completely consumed with caring for my cats, almost weekly vet visits, and of course the sadness and fear of what was to come.

Being a member of this site was (and still is) a place where I was able to talk cats with others who were more than willing to talk cats back with me. Something that I needed, that I couldn't get from people in my life. At least not to the extent where knowledge, care and understanding was concerned.

And now with our new crew, advice and support is still needed, not to mention that I enjoy paying it forward with others who join.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined to try to find out if our youngest cat, Silas, was any sort of specific breed or look-a-like. He had a fever coat that made him look sort of reddish and some other somewhat odd features. He started out small for his age due to starvation, but he is now the tallest and longest of our cats but with somewhat petite features.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be involved in a Bengal cat only forum who were like a group of sociopaths ready to jump on if you made a spelling mistake in a post or abuse you if they presumed a post you made didnt quite fit their high snobby standards. When my other cat got poisoned and I fought for months to keep him alive they didn't want to know. When I got Blue instead of congratulating me he got criticized for not being good show quality etc. So what..hes a cat...care about that you stupid people..I got a bit mad and gave them a mouthful and left.
Found this site and lurked for about 20 minutes and joined up and have enjoyed the moral support and friendliness this site has shown and can be me and say whats on my mind and not be some fake snob and enjoy the antics of everyones cats.
Great to find a site for accepting people as they are and any type of cat from bobcats to the littlest moggie and a site where you can have a bit of fun without getting your head bit off.
( the Bengal site closed down a few months ago..hehehehe.)

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I joined here when one of our Bengals was diagnosed with cancer and I was looking for help and advice and for people who understood. People who didn't say 'It's just a cat.'

I lurked around on and off since but been much more active, though again I did post more when various of the boys became ill :(

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the time, we had 5 of our now 6 cats, all ferals, and Michele had given me this tablet for our anniversary. I was learning to use it, and one day out of curiosity I typed in 'cats'. A bunch of different sites came up, and in checking them out, this one seemed to hold the most promise, so I joined, and here I am.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had adopted Ruby earlier in the month, and was looking for a cat forum to join. I Googled and signed up to another cat site first. However, you had to wait for your membership to be "approved" and when I was still waiting the next day, I Googled again, found TCS, became a member, immediately posted my intro message, and I've been here ever since.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had adopted Kiwi from the Cat Protection and found out that at 6 months old she had gingivitis. The Cat Protection offered no help dispute many phone calls. I joined and got help and advice immediately. That was in 2015 and I'm still getting help on health issues.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined when i first adopted my cat Kitty. I was around 26 years old at the time. I was so ignorant about cats that i believed they needed cows milk like they show in the movies. :flail:I bought everything except a litter box and had to run to the store to get one. I came here for advice because i had no idea what i was doing. lol

I hope its ok to post a pic, this was the day i brought her home.

3-2-12-625.JPG