Why can't they make....

sillywabbit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1.) a cat tree with perches large enough for a big clumsy cat? Some I'm looking at have perches 72 inches off the ground that are 9x11 inches. Heck, my cat falls off the bed. Why can't they make large platforms with raised edges that my big cat can loll around on and not fall off?

2.) paper mice. Does anybody know of anyone who makes mice of something paper? I might have to do that myself lol. But with a tail ( must have tail!) Robin lives for paper, but also loves string. Something about the feel of the paper, possibly because he's been declawed. Could it be it's lighter and easier to grab without claws?

Well, that's it for now, I've looked at something like 150 cat trees and not one of them looks like what my cat would want. If anyone knows some ideas to make my own , I'm listening! Thanks!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillywabbit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's beautiful , but my cat would roll out if it in 5 seconds flat. He needs at least an area 12x18 inches. I already have to keep blankets underneath the one mantel he sleeps on because he stretches, rolls over, and falls off. :0

It would be funny if it wasn't so frustrating.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really love our cat tower, and the 21 x 15" nests are plenty big for our 2 main coons (~15 lbs. each).  To save time, my post (and many others) are in this thread: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/239589/what-large-cat-tree-tower-to-get-for-older-cats.

The cat tower we have is a Kuranda and it is still very popular in the house, the cats love their vertical space. It is easily cleaned which is a huge plus, and since our cats are getting older and may not be able to jump high in years to come, I wanted something they will be able to climb easily from the floor and go up as high as they want. The platform is a slight hammock which makes the edges higher. No one has fallen out of ours, yet.

I actually would have bought one of these since the platforms are bigger: http://www.felinefurniture.com/inde...&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=8, but the weight would have made the shipping cost over $200, crazy. The Kuranda was lighter (only the bottom is weighted down) and shipping was reasonable for the weight, so I got the 8-level tower. You can buy faux wool pads but I ended up sewing my own with foam and washable cotton covers.

Hope this helps, and that you find what you need.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillywabbit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh wow. The Kuranda looks exactly like what I've been looking for. But yes, a bit pricy for the materials. Buut very nice!!!!

Thank you!

Last edited: