Which Song Lyrics Have You Misheard?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I though he was saying douche.
The first time I heard the song, it was Springsteen, who wrote it. So I knew it was "revved up like a deuce".
But Manfred Mann's version does sound like the other.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bruce is a "car guy." He is known to have a collection of vintage cars.

It makes sense that he would know what a "deuce" is. As I mentioned, he probably owned one, or still does.

I heard Manfred Mann's version first and the words are so muddled that it's hard to tell exactly what is being sung.

It wasn't until years later that I heard Bruce sing it and it became clear that he was singing, "deuce." Since I knew what a "deuce coupe" was from listening to the Beach Boys and I knew that Bruce was a car guy, everything suddenly made sense.

Even to this day, I still hear Manfred Mann sing, "Ripped up like a douche," even though I know what the words really are. ;)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I got a new one! I heard the AC/DC song Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and I thought he was saying "dirty knees and the dungarees". So that's what i I googled, and it turns out that's a common mondegreen for that song. Of course, being hard rock the singer is just sort of growling/yelling the words, plus with an Australian accent, so it's easy to misunderstand.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another one! The radio is playing a lot of different songs lately.

I thought they were saying "bring me an iron lung" (which is silly but that's what it sounds like). So I googled it and it turns out they're saying "bring me a higher love". So I listened very carefully, and it still sounded like "iron lung" :tongue:.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Another one! The radio is playing a lot of different songs lately.

I thought they were saying "bring me an iron lung" (which is silly but that's what it sounds like). So I googled it and it turns out they're saying "bring me a higher love". So I listened very carefully, and it still sounded like "iron lung" :tongue:.
The Steve Winwood song? Now I’ll always think “bring me an iron lung” when I hear the song!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always thought the name of Journey's song Open Arms was Velvet Arms until this morning and I
looked it up. The radio station I listen to doe not announce the name of songs.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Bad Moon on the Rise, of course. I've listened very carefully, and I swear he's saying "there's a bathroom on the right" at least half the time just to mess with us :lol:.
Fogerty DOES say "bathroom" in concert just for fun as well as in "lookin' out my back door" he sings "tangerines and Elvis" instead of "tambourines and elephants"!

He's amazing, the energy he has at his age!!!