When To Worry??!

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I have a 4 year old cat who has had a litter a year previous who did not survive-most likely due to the kittens being overdue. She’s pregnant again due to a family member letting her outside. She has had discharge mostly everyday for the past week and a half. Not a lot just about a pea sized a day sometimes twice day. Kitten(s) are still squirming around and her nipples have been leaking for weeks. My question is how much longer before she should go see the vet. Also the past two days she has been super clingy and on alert.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS Bella08. Do you remember the date when your cat has gone outside? The fact that she has been having a discharge for the past week would indicate that she is getting close to delivery.
But having lost a previous littery because delivery was ovedue and her nipples having leaked for so long it would be advisable to have her examined by a vet without delay to ensure all is well with her.

Please keep in touch and let us know the outcome of your visit to the vet.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No I don’t sadly. But the babies have been moving for two weeks if that helps? I think her nipples developed the white scab tips around 2 weeks max (asked a family member for a correct date).

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Quick question would litter size dictate how long pregnancy is as I think it’s only one kitten so would her pregnancy be longer?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I don't think that litter size has as big an influence as it does in humans because each kitten has its own placenta and amniotic sack. Since her last pregnancy was no good for the babies, she is probably a high risk mom & I would try for a vet check as soon as possible. Please keep us updated!! Prayers and vibes that all is going well and you will have Christmas with kittens! :vibes::vibes::vibes:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She sounds close! Getting her vet checked would ease your mind.

Can you get her spayed after this litter?

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She sounds close! Getting her vet checked would ease your mind.

Can you get her spayed after this litter?
Oh yes she’s getting spayed as soon as my low cost clinic has an appointment available and any babies that come out of this okay!! The problem is that nobody is home tomorrow so if she does choose tomorrow hopefully it’s seamless. Baby(ies) are still moving good!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitties stop moving when labor is close but again because of the uncertainty of the pregnancy starting date and her problems with her previous pregnancy a visit to a vet is advisable.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You had felt them move 2 weeks. .it hints its not overdue as yet.
And she hasnt dropped yet?

Still if you have access to any good vet do take a check up. Because of the bad experiences you had.

And do spay her when everything is done.

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s trying to hide under a blanket and is intently licking herself, and very vocal meowing every so often. Not sure if she’s having any contractions at the moment.

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well it’s been 11 hours and no kittens. She’s pretty restless and still meowing a good bit. She no longer wants us to touch her stomach, but weirdly baby is still rolling around-he feels sideways. If she doesn’t have him by 11 then it looks like a vet visit.

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
40C290CA-EB27-4C9B-8CFD-F16B36274549.jpeg She has a little bloody discharge. Normal?

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
3116D75D-EC6A-4462-BFB5-76BD35D896C8.jpeg
I was so worried he wasn’t going to be alive but he’s doing great!!! He’s nursing now and mama has settled down and is sleeping!!!!