When To Worry??!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yup just one little squirt. And surprisingly he’s the average weight for a newborn actually is on the smaller side. Mom is acting completely fine and calm!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The little one in post N° 16 seems to be black and then in post 17 seems the same colour as his mom. So I thought there were two kitties. Nevermind mom and her baby are fine and that is what matters.

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used flash for one picture! His back had a thick black stripe down it which makes him seem darker! While his face and feet have typical tabby stripes!

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a question about mama cats behavior. She has not stopped meowing since delivery. Not only that but she keeps trying to move the baby out of teh box and either next to me or pushes him closer to herself. She’s also constantly leaving him and seeking attention from me. I’m not sure why she’s constantly meowing as her needs are being met and she’s can go wherever she’s please. Any insight??!

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s lets him nurse fine and even coaxes him to nurse even if he just ate.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mama cats typically act this way the first 2-3 days because their hormones are still in high gear. She should calm down more each day. In the meantime, spend as much time as you can with her. She needs praise and comforting.

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah thank you! I was worried something was wrong with her that I couldn’t see! She’s been getting loads of attention today! It sucks because she’s going to be alone for a couple hours tomorrow if school doesn’t get cancelled so hopefully she’ll be good by herself

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Baby is doing great and so is mama! She still meows every so often but was quieter today. One issue is mom seems too persistent for bath time. She’s constantly licking him and his butt, she’s also waking him up and you can tell he’s tired, is there a way to stop the persistent licking? There are of course times when they’re sleeping perfectly but she’s very keen on hygiene. 3A81F5EB-8051-47D4-8918-DED436A3E011.jpeg 539B74AA-276D-41AC-A1C6-4FB69F77C843.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s just loving him. This should settle down more soon too. Mama cats are normally cleaning several little bottoms instead of just one. Make sure his does not get raw. If it does, put coconut oil on it. It’s non-toxic. :)

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok great! Thank you for being so helpful I feel clueless lol!! His bottom doesn’t look too red or irritated so I think all is well!! He needs a name still so any suggestions are welcomed!!!!

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
6A0F3CCF-4B2A-42B1-8F73-8CA1754A2C0E.jpeg
6 day old update! He is doing amazing! Growing and eating like a champ! It was a rough few days but mom has gotten the hang of it and is such an attentive mom! I’ve been calling him Gatsby I’m not sure if it’ll stick but I like the sound of it!

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
EA3DD430-EF4F-4DAC-9274-B0752445B064.jpeg
C0862E3F-797D-451C-91A9-33FC30EFB34B.jpeg
Feel like there should be an update on Gatsby!!! He’s now 7 weeks old! But at 2 weeks his mom stopped producing milk so we’d reached out to a family friends who fosters kittens and she bottled fed him until 6 weeks! But he’s doing amazing and is a little jerk

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many thanks for the update. I have wondered about him but couldn't remember the title of your post. He is adorable and I'm very happy he is doing so well.

Bella08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Many thanks for the update. I have wondered about him but couldn't remember the title of your post. He is adorable and I'm very happy he is doing so well.
I’ve been meaning to update ever since he left for his foster home but kept forgetting!! He’s such good kitten, loves people and snuggles!! It’s crazy how much he’s changed in the last 5 weeks it’s like he’s a totally different cat! I’ll be a yes to ups update more he’s matures!