What's wrong with Butterscotch as a name

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji]

That's actually pretty serendipitous!! And I love the name Butterscotch!! It really fits her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
[emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji]

That's actually pretty serendipitous!! And I love the name Butterscotch!! It really fits her.
Her old owners were pretty much idiots when it comes to taking care of cats/kittens, so I wouldn't be surprised that they originally thought she was a he before kittens started popping out of her. She is 2 and was just spayed on Monday 8/10. That obviously explains their idea of care.

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Sounds like we have a lot of votes for Butterscotch!  Three cheers for Butterscotch, she is so cute!
Oh trust me it's not like I was going to change it to something else. She is Butterscotch, but you guys are always so honest on here that I figured who would I get the best feed back from then you guys.

Thanks for the cuteness comment as well, she is a cutie if I say so myself.

Last edited:

jeannecarol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Butterscotch is a lovely name, and it's not the first time I've heard it used. I even thought about it for our orange boy, but thought it sounded too feminine; he became Macaroon, aka Mackie.

catminionjess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Her old owners were pretty much idiots when it comes to taking care of cats/kittens, so I wouldn't be surprised that they originally thought she was a he before kittens started popping out of her. She is 2 and was just spayed on Monday 8/10. That obviously explains their idea of care.
Not to defend them, but my sister named her cat Chloe because she thought it was a girl even after I told her it was a boy. Now she just says he's Chloe because he's French. Also, Butterscotch is an adorable name for an adorable cat. I don't get why your friend doesn't like it. Why should it bother her what you name your cat? 

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Not to defend them, but my sister named her cat Chloe because she thought it was a girl even after I told her it was a boy. Now she just says he's Chloe because he's French. Also, Butterscotch is an adorable name for an adorable cat. I don't get why your friend doesn't like it. Why should it bother her what you name your cat? 
I agree. That's why I posted my question on here to see if there was something I was missing. Trust me the more Butterscotch and I bond the more I learn just how much the name Butterscotch really fits her.

godiva kiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Butterscotch is a very cute and creative name for a kitty!!! If I had a kitty that color I would go that route for a name:) So, I would have no problem with Butterscotch at all!!!

thedixonsmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Butterscotch is a sweet name for a sweet little kitty, I like it!

Ours are Daryl and Merle (they're brothers). Anyone who watches Walking Dead likes it, but people who aren't familiar with the show just think we're weird. All that matters is that you like your kittie's name and it suits them! :]

catminionjess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Butterscotch is a sweet name for a sweet little kitty, I like it!

Ours are Daryl and Merle (they're brothers). Anyone who watches Walking Dead likes it, but people who aren't familiar with the show just think we're weird. All that matters is that you like your kittie's name and it suits them! :]
I love it! Good thing your Merle isn't a walkercat like TWD Merle is now
  If you had a tiny crossbow for Daryl, that would be hilarious.

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think its a fine name.

My daughter cares for a feral cat she has named Buttercup. The name suited the kitty at first when she still an outdoor kitty cat.. she would hear my daughter and come running for food full of hope and excitement and she just looked like a little buttercup.  Then she got herself knocked up and decided she was ready to be cared for full time so my daughter brought her indoors.  Buttercup is still very happy to deal with humans bearing food, but when it comes to the two resident cats we already own, she is spawn of satan hissing and spitting and trying to go through walls and screens or glass to get to them.  Feels a little odd calling a cat that is fully prepared to shred everything in its path Buttercup.

thedixonsmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I love it! Good thing your Merle isn't a walkercat like TWD Merle is now
  If you had a tiny crossbow for Daryl, that would be hilarious.
Thankfully not! However, it is funny that parts of their personalities reflect the characters. Merle is always the one looking to start a 'fight' (play!) with Daryl, and can be quite possessive. Right now he's being a bit of a jerk to Daryl (which I talk about in the behavior board) which also fits. Daryl, however, is a muscly, strong, quiet, and undeniably sweet handsome boy. We love them both to pieces, obviously, and are glad they aren't TOO much like their namesakes. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Butterscotch is a fine name for a cat! I see nothing wrong with it at all. it is your cat, you decide on the name...simple as that...what you like and what your cat likes and answers to is what matters. I like the name.... nicknames can be butter, buttery,  Scottchey, scotch, Scotty, etc...

I like it!

It is a sweet name for a kitty.. 

When I adopted Artie, I thought that was a strange name for a cat. I did not change it because he had it for 8 years. I grew to love the name. It is different and suits him to a "T".....

Bottom line is: who cares!! so do not worry... I am so blunt...sorry....

Last edited:

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I always give my cats "people" names, and often get made fun of for it. Its your kitty, its a nice name. You and Butterscotch are the ones who have to live with it, not your friend!

malisa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's a neat name and fits your cat.I heard one the other day "sparkplug"hahaha ours is Bella but we call her beep beep for some reason and its all in what makes them family and not what anyone else thinks at all

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Butterscotch is a perfectly lovely name for a tawny ginger kitteh.  There's nothing wrong with it at all.  Now, your friend, I'm not so sure about.  Still scratching my head over what objection they might possibly have, unless s/he maybe dislikes the flavor?