What's wrong with Butterscotch as a name

EpitomeOfAcininitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I told a friend that I got a new cat sent her a picture and when she came back asking her name I said Butterscotch and I was told you can't name her that.

Now tell me with her color doesn't she look like a Butterscotch.

Hmmm. This sounds like one of those friends (everybody has at LEAST ONE, especially growing up!) who doesn't like anything you propose: not your new dress, not your ideas for naming your children someday, not your eyes or nose or new hair color/style/cut, NOTHING about you pound for pound except what you SHOULD want to correct, because this pal is a narrrssssisssissist (hiss), LOL. I found this place and thread by searching for Cat Named Butterscotch because I have named my big fluffy orange cat that. Needless to say, I consider it grand, no name better!! My cat is so naughty (he's a rescue adoptee, declawed, who bites, poor love) that Butterscotch for calling him has automatically shortened itself to BUTTERS, like the little boy on Southpark who's so adorable but always unfairly in some kind of trouble. UP WITH BUTTERSCOTCH CATS OF THE WORLD! DOGS TOO! Down with friends who aren't really so much friend as we might think. We don't want to enable them utterly, but we shouldn't utterly desert them either. I guess....

YES, your baby looks like a butterscotch treat. You bet! :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my childhood kitties was named Butterscotch. We called him Butter for short. He was orange and white. A wonderful, sweet lap cat.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think your Butterscotch is adorable, and the name fits her! My Cricket was "dumped out in the country" along with her sister. I just don't understand people at all - she is the sweetest little tortie you could imagine.