What's wrong with Butterscotch as a name

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She looks like Butterscotch and their is nothing wrong with the name.

Your cat is Beautiful and her name is very cute.

My cat's name is Kiki and some people think that name is crazy to.

Tell your friend you want to name her that and that's it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

She looks like Butterscotch and their is nothing wrong with the name.

Your cat is Beautiful and her name is very cute.

My cat's name is Kiki and some people think that name is crazy to.

Tell your friend you want to name her that and that's it.
Thank You for your feed back. I thought Butterscotch was very appropriate especially with her color. Oh thanks for the compliment on Butterscotch as I think she is a very cute cat myself. Would you believe some family abandoned her/surrendered her to a shelter. I mean she's such a calm and low key cat It's obviously it wasn't due to a behavior issue. I guess their loss is my gain.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is wrong with Butterscotch? You'll have to ask why your friend has such a phobia about it. It describes a color (and your beautiful cat IS that color) so really it is no different then naming a black cat Blackie.I think it's very appropriate and fun! With your permission I'll name my next little one that color that! Thank you for giving her such a loving home, I hope she knows how lucky she is. I pray for you to have many wonderful years together!

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

What is wrong with Butterscotch? You'll have to ask why your friend has such a phobia about it. It describes a color (and your beautiful cat IS that color) so really it is no different then naming a black cat Blackie.I think it's very appropriate and fun! With your permission I'll name my next little one that color that! Thank you for giving her such a loving home, I hope she knows how lucky she is. I pray for you to have many wonderful years together!
Thanks for your helpful comments and by all means name your next kitten Butterscotch. I actually looked it up online and it says, "perfect name for a butterscotch colored cat with a sweet personality" which fits my cutie to a T.

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Ruby is a good name and your cat is very cute (picture on your profile image).
Thanks. She was a stray, picked up on the street and taken to the shelter.  Like your Butterscotch, she's a sweet cat, and I often wonder about her original human family and if they ever wonder what happened to her.

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Quote:

Thanks. She was a stray, picked up on the street and taken to the shelter.  Like your Butterscotch, she's a sweet cat, and I often wonder about her original human family and if they ever wonder what happened to her.
I don't have to wonder I know. Her old family abandoned/surrendered Butterscotch, her daughter from her first litter, and her 5 kittens from her second litter to a local animal hospital/vet/shelter. It just happens to be the same vet that I take my two 9 month old kittens to for their check up and such and that's how I heard about Butterscotch. It actually says on my copy of her medical paperwork and adoption documents abandoned/surrendered. When I asked why they had been given up I was told that they didn't want the cats anymore because they were too much trouble.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Though it's sad to think someone didn't want Butterscotch and her kittens, at least they surrendered them to a shelter, and didn't just dump them "out in the country" and hope someone would find and take care of them.

Last edited:

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey she is your cat and you can name her whatever you want . 

I think Butterscotch is a perfect name , it suits her ..

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Butterscotch is a beautiful name for a beautiful cat.  
  I would name a black, white or tortoiseshell cat Butterscotch, if that's what I wanted...she's your cat and you get to chose.  
  Bless you for adopting.

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I'm stumped? What in the world is wrong with the name Butterscotch for a ginger tabby? It's the perfect name and it sounds like it really fits such a sweet cat!

picklespepper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She looks like a Butterscotch to me.  The name might not be to your friend's taste but it's your cat.  And really, the name is adorable.

jinxybean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Butterscotch is a great name for her!  She's sweet and softly-colored like the pudding.  
  You can call her "Butters" for short (think South Park).  

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Butterscotch is the first name that comes to mind when I see this beautiful kitty!  Congratulations!
Thanks, so it seems that It wasn't strange for her to name her Butterscotch after all. I appreciate the vote of confidence on my choice.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Butterscotch. You seem to have a thing for foodie names!! Tangerine, Mango!! About time you threw in a little pure dessert!!
[emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji]

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like Butterscotch. You seem to have a thing for foodie names!! Tangerine, Mango!! About time you threw in a little pure dessert!!
[emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji]
When I got Tangerine and Mango from a local shelter that's the names they already had so I kept them. However Butterscotch was originally Simba and she is obviously not a Simba.