What's the Weather and Temperature like where you live ? - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now it's about 40F and cloudy. Man it feels and smells like snow.
Wow,it's been over 40yrs but I sure remember the feel and that smell that it was sure to snow- I had forgotten that wonderful smell in the air,immistakable

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently 2F with a trace of snow on the ground. I plan on hibernating inside today.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a weird 24 hours and it's going to continue....
Yesterday was overcast and 8C.
Last night it rained.
Early morning we had a thunderstorm!!!!
Was still about 6C this morning leaving for work.
Temps started to fall and we got freezing rain.
Then it hailed for a bit...temps kept dropping
It's currently snowing and -8C with a wind chill of -20...there is basically zero visibility right now.

Everything is frozen...it took two people to get our door at work open after the rain and winds froze it shut. My poor co-worker tried to come in the back door as the staff always do, but her key couldn't get into the lock as it was frozen...so she walks around the front of the building to use the front door, only for it to not open. Thankfully I was there and with her pulling and me pushing from the inside she got in. I had to fight a bit to get into my van to get home today too.

Wind chill is expected to get down to -29C, as the temps continue to drop as well.
It's supposed to go down to -18C with wind chills staying at -28C or so
Clear skies and sunny but cold tomorrow...minus teens with wind chills in the minus 20s
But then as we move closer to the weekend...it's supposed to get back up to 8C by Saturday and 10C Sunday.

1709142823080.png

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My part of Minnesota has had this year the warmest winter in all of the 151 years that temperature records have been kept. Only 12 degrees today but upper sixties coming on Sunday.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I heard on the news that at least four tornadoes touched down last night and an apartment building had a roof collapse. I saw a lot of fallen limbs driving this morning and a traffic light on the ground. Fortunately the skies were clear today although we had snow flurries this morning with temps in the high 20's.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 18°F out, with intermittent flurries and winds of about 20 mph, judging by the way the trees are bending. Hard to believe that it was 54 at this time yesterday.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This past weekend was beautiful, temps in the high 60's (F) which is highly unusual for this time of year since I'm used to wearing my winter clothing. However, they're predicting storms tonight with hail and another possible tornado threat but hopefully not as severe as last week. :crossfingers:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately 33F with rain and pea size hail. A far cry from yesterday's 75F and sun.

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fairly warm for MI but we have had these early springs before, had the windows open and doorwalls to let the fresh air in.
Right this minute it's making a feeble attempt at rain. The year my youngest was born we had snow one day then then shorts weather the next..its Michigan.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Raining and currently 3*C, supposedly going up to 5*C...however, it feels warmer then that right now. There is a weather alert for my area of risks of thunderstorms and heavy rain, but we actually already had a thunderstorm this morning around 5:00am or so...the thunder woke me up. We may get some wet snow later this afternoon if the temps drop a bit.
We hardly have any snow left on the ground...it looks more like mid April out there with what's left. And this rain is definitely going to get rid of even more by end of day.

As much as I would love a warm and sunny spring...we desperately need it to be rainy and wet to make up for the lack of snowfall this winter or the forest fires are going to be really bad this year.
I'm also not looking forward to the blackflies. We hardly had any deep freeze temps and never for a long enough length of time to kill off the bug population in the ground or trees. I mean it great for bees and butterflies but not for the nasty little buggers that like to try and eat us!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The temps went from 39F in the morning to 52F in the afternoon but it was super windy.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It is downright cold and very windy!! OMGosh.. Alexa says the wind chill is 41 degrees-- but on the coast, where I live, it feels colder..
Tonight the wind chill will be 29 degrees!! Is this spring?

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Supposedly a high today of 55F and sunny. Then the temperature goes south for the next 10 days. With a chance of Snow returning on Thursday and Friday. Yuck !

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems that Winter is rearing its Ugly head again. Weatherman has issued a "Winter Weather Advisory " indicating that 2 to 5 inches of Snow are too arrive begin tonight through Friday afternoon. It's Currently 25F. Not news I want to hear for Spring.