What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has been much cooler than normal here in Nebraska, 20 degrees cooler....highs in the 40's, 30's today, with wind, light rain, and some snow flakes this AM! Last week we were high of 95 one day and a high in the thirties the next. What a ride! Received two inches of rain last week, supposed to be much warmer, in the sixties near 70 for the last two weeks of Oct., perfect to get the last of my fall cleanup done. I've taken 5 pickup loads of flowers to the city compost site, thank goodness we have it.
Our Ash tree out back was still green, we had a 25 degree F low one night and it's dumped ALL of it's leaves in 48 hours! The cats are having a ball trying to catch them!

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In Atlanta last Sunday it was 90. This morning it is about 50 and supposed to only get to 75. The summer heat has finally broken (I hope). We had rain from Michael but it is supposed to be clear this week.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 257174 I live in central Minnesota. I will let the picture, taken a few minutes ago, speak for itself. And still snowing, a record breaker, I think.
I live in Minneapolis and we got snow too. I had my window open last night and my cats are mad at me because my apartment is cold. I'm thinking of putting a heating pad in their bed for them as restitution. ;)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
42 F :cold: The sun is out but it's not warming temps up much. I warmed up a SnuggleSafe pad for Emma this morning even with the thermostat reading a comfy 71 F. What Emma really wants is the electric heat pad I used when I had mice to keep them warm (spoiled mice:D) but that's in storage.

Aieko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Apparently today all 50 states had a temperature below freezing somewhere in the state! Freaky! And there will be snow in South Carolina and Georgia. I know they don't have the infrastructure to deal with snow there. Everybody stay safe!

Brutal cold torments the US, and 'the worst is yet to come' - CNN
Good thing I’m in the 51st state. ;) During January..well I’m gonna be honest, here in the tropical islands, its always sunny. Even today. 89 degrees with a 0% chance of rain.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's cold. I mean, middle of winter type cold. It was 10° F when I went outside, which means it was probably single digits before the sun came up. It's still fall.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in WNY, it's 35 degrees, overcast, with intermittent showers- perfect pneumonia weather

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The temp is starting to warm up. It finally made it to 30° F, and I'm sweating. Stupid Menopause.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good thing I’m in the 51st state. ;)
Nope! When I wrote that, even Hawaii had below-freezing temps somewhere on top of a mountain!

It is COLD right now. Has been for about a week. Lows in the single digits, highs in the 20s, with an icy North wind. Ugh. It is not supposed to be this cold so early. We've had snow a few times too, but just a couple inches, not enough to send the plows out yet.

It's supposed to be about 45 degrees tomorrow and Thursday. And then drop again when a cold front blows through on Friday, possibly bringing snow. Bleh.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good thing I’m in the 51st state. ;) During January..well I’m gonna be honest, here in the tropical islands, its always sunny. Even today. 89 degrees with a 0% chance of rain.
Am I missing something? We only have 50 states and Hawaii was number 50.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that poster was saying that it's not possible for Hawaii to have below-freezing temps so I must have gotten something wrong by saying all 50 states. But at the time I wrote that, there were below-freezing temps on a mountain in Hawaii.

Status
Not open for further replies.