What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Like lots of other places - hot and humid. Today's high is 30C feels like 36C with humidity. That's approximately 90F and 102F.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oppressive. Unbelievably oppressive. Waiting for the storms to roll through today to bring relief.

Kal_shadowsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The weather here in Ohio finally broke. I walked outside to go to work at a quarter to 6 and it was a blissful 62 degrees. The last week and a half has been 90s and humid.

At noontime (now) it is a lovely 69 degrees and breezy.:yess:

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's really nice today. Upper 70s for a high with low humidity. I could finally turn the air conditioner off and open the windows.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 8:30 this morning it was 96° with 36% humidity. I've heard this fantasy rumor that a storm is coming this way, but no clouds have blocked out the blistering unforgiving sun yet.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
80° F with 83% humidity and no breeze. My evap cooler doesn't work in humidity. But at least the clouds are keeping the sun from being so brutal.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Hot, humid and storms! :storm: We desperately need the rain. Our lawn is patchy with a dull shade of brown.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been downright disgusting aroud here, for several weeks.

Today the heat index will be 100. It is miserable. The humidity is just coming through the buildings. The AC's cannot handle this much humidity, for this long.

And thunder storms predicted almost every day.

But, I have to say, this is better than snow and cold; at least for me.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Air Quality Index read “Hazardous” at 8 p.m. last night. This morning it’s merely “Unhealthy.” :( I have an N95 mask, but I’m not taking my usual 2.5 mile walk this morning. High temps in the 100s by midweek.

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We are having an all time record heat wave. Hottest ever recorded here. Yesterday, day 3, my outside weather station said it was 117. I thought it was mistaken, effected by the sun. Nope. The sensor that is in the shade under the trees read 107. Today it is reading 104, in the shade. I went out to get the mail and move the water in the garden and it was like walking into an oven. Everything is drying up, roasted, which is not good since we get monster grass fires. Keep in mind I am 60 miles from Canada. Two more days to go before the cooler air gets here. The super insulation we use for the -40 winters is helping a lot. Not what it was intended for but it does work for heat as well as cold. To give you an idea of how crazy this is our "normal" first frost is in about 6 weeks. We have had snow in September, and it's 117 outside now.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We are having an all time record heat wave. Hottest ever recorded here. Yesterday, day 3, my outside weather station said it was 117. I thought it was mistaken, effected by the sun. Nope. The sensor that is in the shade under the trees read 107. Today it is reading 104, in the shade. I went out to get the mail and move the water in the garden and it was like walking into an oven. Everything is drying up, roasted, which is not good since we get monster grass fires. Keep in mind I am 60 miles from Canada. Two more days to go before the cooler air gets here. The super insulation we use for the -40 winters is helping a lot. Not what it was intended for but it does work for heat as well as cold. To give you an idea of how crazy this is our "normal" first frost is in about 6 weeks. We have had snow in September, and it's 117 outside now.
That’s absolutely amazing. I’ve been in Montana a lot and can’t imagine that kind of heat there. In fact, one year it snowed on us on July 31 on the Going-to-the-Sun Road.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
24 C, 76 F temps right now here in central Massachusetts. The air is very humid and conditions change every half hour here today. The sun was making a strong appearance for the first time in many days here, just thirty minutes ago, now the sky is extremely dark and I see from the radar map we will alternate for the day between heavy rains and clear stretches. The dark skies bring a bit of a welcome breeze, also.:storm: :sunshine: :storm: :sunshine::storm:

Status
Not open for further replies.