What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
PS anyone wanna come visit? There's fresh coffee made, two floofy kitties to cuddle, and the generator has us at a nice steady 60° in here.

20181116_103800.jpg

I think I'll skip driving the kitties to my apartment today. It's an hour & 1/2 in perfect conditions--No telling how long it would take in this storm. Plus I have bald-azz summer tires on my old hospice car anyways. Being in one car accident this week was enough. ;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have been dealing with freezing rain pretty much all afternoon today. PennDOT has been out our road a couple times, to cinder and salt. It’s to change over to just rain, but everything is icy.

I think we will stay home tonight and visit with Rick’s mom Sunday night instead.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The rain in this area just needs to stop. Another 1.5 inches overnight. Everything is saturated with more rain coming tomorrow.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a blizzard warning out until tomorrow. Expect up to 12 inches of snow.

The following is an important message from the City of Naperville's Naper Notify notification system.

Snow will continue through early morning Monday with the heaviest expected between 11 p.m. and 2 a.m. DPW crews have been working all day to convert all 22 trucks and are out on the streets. With predicted blizzard conditions, staff will continue working all through the night. Drivers should expect to see snow on the roadways and should travel with caution. Garbage & recycling pick-up for tomorrow is expected to be delayed. Work on the River Road railroad crossing has been canceled.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had only a couple of inches of snow so far, and it's quit snowing. I wonder if it will fizzle out. I heard that about blowing and drifting snow.

Tomorrow I'm going to stay in and do housework until the roads are cleared.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like is still snowing by me. I have to work tomorrow at 8am. I am hoping our subdivision is plowed out in the morning. I am part of an HOA so hopefully at least my drive way will be cleared before I need to leave for work tomorrow. If for some reason I can not get to work though I do have a lot of PTO time left. I don't think my job would be too happy if I have to call off though. I am glad I start at 8am tomorrow instead of when the store opens at 6am. At least I will not be stuck being locked out of the store if management runs late. I made it home from work today well before the bad weather started.

DreamerRose or neely since you both live near me can you post updates on the snow totals if you are watching the news. My satellite signal has been out since 6pm so I think I am just going to try to go bed early tonight. I have watched everything I had saved on my DVR. My home internet does not do well with trying to stream the news.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's still stopped here, and looks to be less than 2 inches. The wind is picking up, though. I'm not an early riser, but I will try to keep you posted. A yardstick on my patio table is the best gauge.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More updates from the city:

Recycling pick-up for tomorrow is canceled and will be pushed back one day the rest of the week. Information on garbage collection is expected in the morning. Cars should be removed from the streets to allow for plowing. You can expect our next update around 8 a.m. Monday morning.

Plowing will be a mess because of the bulk leaf pickup yet to happen and leaves raked into the gutters. Imagine the snow plows turning up all those leaves in the snowbanks.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I got a call from our district that school/work is cancelled tomorrow. :yess:

can you post updates on the snow totals if you are watching the news.
Here's what it says at 10 p.m. tonight:
Snow, heavy at times. Gusty winds will lead to blizzard conditions. Low 27F. Winds N at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 100%. 5 to 8 inches of snow expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got about 3 inches now. No snowplows yet. District 203 and 204 are closed as well as most private schools. Nice long Thanksgiving weekend for the kids.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow. Just checked out the big storm in Illinois/Michigan/Indiana. Be safe, everyone!
AD105EBE-80B7-475E-811C-528F9F9FD08A.jpeg

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ We got some rain the other night :hyper:
Evening are down to 50° - that's cold in California ...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Woke up to the sound of snow blowers. The news reported 8.5" where I live with temp. of 26F but 13F with windchill. Winter came early to the midwest.;)

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds about right. This is the first time I remember NOAA giving a blizzard warning. In the past, it's just been a winter storm. The Weather Channel is naming the storms. This one was Winter Storm Bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.