What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
19 degrees when I woke up and they said the commute from O'Hare airport to downtown Chicago was 3 hrs.  Pile ups on the expressway but not as much snow as predicted on the East coast.  Be safe out there people, winter has returned with a vengeance! 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like fine snow mixed with rain., coming down fast and furious. The wind is incredible.. gusts are so strong; they feel as if they are coming through the building. I did increase the thermostat, just because. 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Depending on which news station or web site you're looking at, it's anywhere from 6 to 12 inches,  8 -12 inches, to 12 to 16 inches, or 12 to 18 inches.

It's coming down pretty hard now and the wind has picked up. I'm glad I got home about a half hour ago when it wasn't too bad.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Depending on which news station or web site you're looking at, it's anywhere from 6 to 12 inches,  8 -12 inches, to 12 to 16 inches, or 12 to 18 inches.

It's coming down pretty hard now and the wind has picked up. I'm glad I got home about a half hour ago when it wasn't too bad.
Glad you got home safely..... 

Yes, you never know which station to believe.. I go somewhere in-between.

It IS coming down really bad now.. sideways heavier snow, mixed with some rain.. the wind gusts are incredible..sometimes it feels as if it is coming through the windows!! 

The chair on my balcony, which is bungee corded to the metal railing is bouncing back and forth from the wind gust.. half expecting the cord to break at some point..

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
snowing here too! we're still not quite covering every blade of grass on my lawn......yet. the forecast here is between 12 and 20 inches of snow, by wednesday evening. for up here, that's really not that much snow.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Isn't she a pretty little thing?? She looks quite content to me too.  

What is she sitting on?? Is that a toybox for cats?? It's so cute!! 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We aren't getting the snow here but we've got wind! I was in my bedroom on the far side of my house and heard a big thud outside. It turned out to be our trash can. I thought it was a tree!

Its the big kind the trash trucks can pick up with an arm attachment and its half full! It went several feet but if it had gone much farther it would have hit my car. I picked it up but before I could get back insides the wind almost took it again so I put it in thr garage. You know; where my car belongs. ;)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just over nine inches here now, so roughly an inch an hour.  The view outside during a lull:

For perspective: the edge of the woods is only barely a third of a mile back across the lawn; when the wind gusts, the tree line disappears almost completely, leaving the backdrop looking like a latter period Claude Monet painting, seen in black and white.

And the view inside:

Ozzie, clearly asking the only pertinent question during a snowstorm - "got foods?"

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks very happy to be inside.  Most of mine are piled up on one or another of the sofas, in, "wake me up when it's over," mode.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
@1CatOverTheLine, that's pretty much par for cats. Give them food and they're happy campers. 
(We did scoop boxes this morning! I swear! Oh, and that paper towel is tucked into that area because Amber is a very high pee-er. She'll hike her butt so high the pee gets caught in that ridge and then drains out the hole. The paper towel at least keeps it to a minimum. It gets wiped out and changed every morning.)

This is their toybox. Believe it or not, the cats will nose around inside, and paw around until they get the toy of their choice out. BooBoo was really good at that. Now, if we could just get them to put their toys away again, we'd be fine! 

And this is their kitty couch. Well, it's actually Molli's kitty couch; she's pretty much taken it over. It used to be in the living room, but when The Beast came to live with us, she needed a place for her bed, so we moved the kitty couch back to our bedroom. Mollipop loves it and she really loves to slide under the blankie and curl up. Her pink mousie is under the blankie right now; she's probably laying on it to keep it warm. Don't laugh; I'm serious. She will often curl up around her mousie and we think she's trying to keep it warm. She'll be all curled up and we'll see a glimpse of pink out of her belly area.

The seat to the kitty couch will open to make more room. I have a picture somewhere of six cats napping on the couch at one time. That was back when Banshee was alive; the cats all cuddled around Banshee all the time. She really was their Queen.

That blankie has seen better days. Mollipop has pretty much shredded it completely at this point.

Rick just came back inside from shoveling. He's thinking 15 inches right now. It's hard to measure because the wind is gusting. Still snowing a lot! But the sun is trying to peek out. 

Last edited:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The storm has really been raging the last few hours.  Snow coming down sideways, looks like water on the windows, a heavy snow.  I heard on the tv that my area is in the middle of blizzard verification if this continues.  I have to hear more on how blizzard is verified.  Not many seem to be driving by my house but the ones that do seem to be going too fast!  The birds have been coming to feeder at the window, but some are so tiny, they have been sidetracked by the wind before they land!  Please be safe everyone! 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I stay home.the snow started at 6ish. I text the boss and said thanks but no thanks! They sent a text at 10:45 that the shop is closed at 11. So I made the decision to stay home when I saw the radar this morning. I wasn't going to drive for 1 hour to be sent out in this cheap 4 hours later. I chose to not use vaca. I'm trying to save my time. Snow is heavy and windy. Getting ready to shovel and clears vents before it get dark. Trying get a [emoji]128247[/emoji]. I measured 10" with the Tyler at 3pm. Nothing on tv. Snow supposed to go into the evening. 16-24 inches.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Rick just came back inside from shoveling. He's thinking 15 inches right now. It's hard to measure because the wind is gusting. Still snowing a lot! But the sun is trying to peek out. 
I wish you hadn't posted the Enormous Mouse Toybox - now my cats want one too.

Not up to 15 inches quite yet here, but well over a foot now.  Given the extended forecast, I'm just going to leave it until the storm has run its course - or maybe until Spring actually arrives, which could be mid-August.

;)

swamplady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is a bright sunny day with temps in low 60s. I am in the Greater New Orleans Area. 
 to all the lil kitties out there. Good wishes to them + all kitty daddies + moms out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.