What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
last night at 7 on ride home it was 12 in Portsmouth and 8 at my house. This morning it said 9 at my house and 4 the next town over. at work it was 10. the wind is VERY cold. Wore a facemask thingy due to it so cold. parked closer to the building than I normally do. It is just soo cold and frigid. Calling for a noreaster on tues afternoon into the evening. yay! NOT!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woke up to it snowing!! I think it's been a couple of years since we've seen any! It's big fluffy & wet too.
Crazy, since it was 70 earlier this week.
Here's a picture of a bunch of pollen getting covered by snow.
This is over in front of my neighbors, where Sammie usually likes to roll in the sand.:rolleyes: I used 7 wipes on her last night, & they were all black!! She didn't like it, so I told her not to roll in the sand then. Silly girl!

Last edited:

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, y'all got more snow than we did!  Here's the sun's out and the snow is melting fast.  It never did cover our roads.  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kelly, y'all got more snow than we did!  Here's the sun's out and the snow is melting fast.  It never did cover our roads.  
It's still gray & rain & snow mixed here. My phone says it's still 35 out. I was just texting w/ a friend, & he said we have about 2 more hours of it coming. 

Last edited:

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know why it is that your side of the state gets so much more snow than we do.  I'm just above the I-40 corridor, and right now it's sunny, 38, and every bit of the snow is gone!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, it's crazy!  Well, of course right after typing that, it stopped snowing, but is still raining! LOL!  My friend said he looked at the radar & was barely moving, so that's why he thought we still would have an hr or two left.

Well, maybe we will see some sun in a while too!  I know Sammie would be happy. She is NOT liking being kept inside. She doesn't like to use the litter box unless she really has to. She is so used to always having to have gone outside. I even put some of an old clump in there, so she'd smell it, because that worked before, but nope! Still hasn't used it. Hopefully if she has to go bad enough, she will. I just can't imagine she doesn't have to. I make her come in before dark, so it's been at least that long! ......Kitties!     It just makes me nervous after Angel having had went through bouts of cystitis!  I've even been trying to "send her messages" imagining her walking to & using the box. ...I give up! She'll go when she has to. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
She's probably holding off. Floey was like that. She would hold it until I let her out. she preferred peeing on the grass. I think it was her old age and not liking to bend her legs. she always walked with them straight and didn't like us bending them. Poor girl. Pumps won't pee outside. She will stay outside all day only to come in and pee. Honeybee doesn't really care either way.

The weather people are making a big deal about this storm on Tuesday. I don't want to use anymore time off. I got 3 weeks left. I am trying hard to save 2 for summer. but when work is slow it's so easy to say nahhh I am staying home...

It's still cold outside. Sunny.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure! I would want to save them for summer too. I can understand though.

I hope she doesn't wait too long. It's already 1:35. She's in my office sleeping at the end of the massage table on her blanket. At least she's settled down.... Knock on wood!

Still raining.....

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It snowed here, too, in Havelock.  Didn't stick, but SO pretty to watch it fall!  I'm kinda jealous, ​@Angels mommy.  Dang, we're practically in yelling distance of each other, as internet things go!    I took pics, but you just can't see much unless I make them LARGE, so...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, it's crazy! It finally stopped around 3:00 here, & stopped raining by 4:00, so finally let Sammie out, & said, "go pee,pees!"[emoji]128516[/emoji]
She did the weirdest thing! It looked like she was gonna pee, but then it looked more like a boy spraying a bush, tail twitching and all!! :eek2: What was my little Girl doing?!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't even want to discuss tomorrow's forecast. :hmm:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't even want to discuss tomorrow's forecast.
Me too!!!   T%&(*(&(*)(_)(_(_(_()*&^%$%^&^%^%^&*()_+_)(*&^%^&*&^&*&****&^%^$#$@   language not fit for human or feline ears.....

We are in the 12-18 inch range, with possibilities of up to 24 inches in some spots.. and 60 MPH wind gusts!! 

I guess you could just say we will be getting between 1-2 FEET of snow tomorrow!!!

Wish I had a fireplace.. it would come in handy.. 

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My co-worker just came from our 911 department and, according to them, we are now in the 12-18+ inch range. Blowing winds, not quite blizzard-blowing winds, but gusty nonetheless. Isn't that just lovely? Gov. Wolf is holding a press conference at 3:00 this afternoon. If he does a State of Emergency, the county will probably shut down tomorrow. We'll have to wait and see. If the county shuts down, no vacation days will be required....we'll just be closed.

Rick has already said we're not going to work, regardless of what happens. He is simply not dealing with it. He's calling our plow guy to come in after the storm is over to plow us out and we'll shovel around the vehicles and the sidewalk.

Meanwhile the chicken I got out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge for roasting tomorrow will now be used for chicken and corn soup. Either a lemon meringue pie or an orange meringue pie is on my agenda tomorrow. And some cookies. I'm thinking of oatmeal raisin cookies. Snow days are for being in the kitchen. 
That is, if the power doesn't go out. That would be my luck.

I'll feel better once we know what's going on work-wise.

One of the houses we rented had a lovely fireplace in the living room. We used it hard. And I loved it on snowy days!

Last edited:

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in the NYC Metro Area we're getting anywhere between 12 to 24 inches tomorrow.  We usually get drifts in my neighborhood.  One side of the street will have nothing and one side will have to be plowed out.  Either way, I'll go out for a nice brisk walk then stay put with a marathon or watch movies.

Agreed @Winchester  - Snow Days are for cooking and my fave, Baking.  I picked up enough eggs and flour to do just that... hunker down and enjoy.  I'm going to do banana bread and my husband wants eggs benedict for din din.  

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, we're getting beautiful sunny days here.  I was able to go around in a sleeveless dress and flip-flops all day yesterday!  With it, unfortunately, comes pollen.  I've got my air filter, humidifier, and allergy meds lined up.  
But I'd rather deal with pollen than snow and storms!  

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But I'd rather deal with pollen than snow and storms!  
Oh sure, rub it in. LOL  

I'm looking forward to the snow for that reason... pollen.  We need to kill the germs here on the east coast.  Nothing worse than going out in February and the streets smell like sour milk among other odors to foul to mention - #cityliving.

Enjoy.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, our Governor gave a news conference at 2pm. Not much.. Where I live, it is near the border of the 12-18 or 8-12--However, currently I am in the 12-18 inches. There will be plenty of snow drifts. .. I am just north of Boston.. It depends on how fast it changes over to sleet, freezing rain/rain....

Still the wind gusts are 40-40 mph... that Wind will be going thru this building.. I am right on the coast. The beach is a 5 minute walk. i do not have to worry about coastal flooding. 

I am concerned about losing power. But I will deal, if it happens. I have real books to read, a battery powered radio. If worse comes to worse, I will just stay cuddled in bed, with Artie next to me....if he stays put!!

Last edited:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How nice to live so close to the beach. On my street we never lose power because our power lines are underground. But lots of other people in town do. It would kill me since we are all-electric.

Status
Not open for further replies.