What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
yeah I don't know what they want to do about the storm here at work. the last big storm they sent everyone home in the middle of it. I say they should let us stay for those who need the money and let those go home who don't want to stay. We also have a thing where if school is called out we don't have to use vacation time. it's a excused absence. I will be coming in. It shouldn't start until 11am. And we get out at 3:30. so if I have to get up early to come to work I want a full day of pay. Although if I stay home and keep the truck parked it's less that needs to be moved but I rather go to work. I just don't want anymore snow days. Had enough of this rubbish! I didn't check the forecast other than channel 4 this morning...looks like 12" or something...winds..I hope it stays under 30 degrees so it's not heavy wet garbage that has to be shoveled. if it stays bone chilly then it just blows off the roof!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
They downed the snow amounts in my area. Now it is 6-12 inches with sleet... yuck.. I hate sleet..

But the wind gusts are the same. 

@foxxycat    Be careful.. you are getting the full force of the storm, in snow amounts... up to 24 inches.. Please do not take a chance. 

Where I am living, the snow will start by 6-8 am.. Your snow will be starting sooner. They are saying that it will be coming down at 3-4 inches per hour during the worst. That is incredible!  Multiple white-outs are possible..

Please, I know you need the money, but your life, safety is more important...

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So if you were wondering  - it's a blizzard outside.  It's been snowing since 2:35am.  I felt like a kid waiting for a snow day. 
Below, looking East.  taken at 4:30am - the first plow of the day.  

If you're wondering why it's so light at 4:30am in my neighborhood, the city was nice enough to put led lights in.  Making it day ALL night long...  oh joy.

Be safe everyone!!!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohio missed this one, we just got a dusting last night.  Of course Northeast Ohio will get the lake effect snow but that is normal for them.  We have had a mild winter here this  year, very little snow and only a couple of days of brutal cold.  We have actually had unseasonable warm weather much of  the winter.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick just took The Beast out and then he shoveled our sidewalk. Eight inches right now. It's really coming down. From the Weather Service.....

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EDT THIS EVENING... HAZARDOUS WEATHER... * TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION 15 TO 25 INCHES. * SNOW WILL CONTINUE HEAVY AT TIMES THIS MORNING BEFORE GRADUALLY TAPERING OFF THIS AFTERNOON. SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR ARE LIKELY WITH MAX RATES UP TO 4 INCHES PER HOUR AND LOCALIZED THUNDERSNOW POSSIBLE. * THE HEAVY SNOW COMBINED WITH INCREASING WIND GUSTS FROM THE NORTH-NORTHWEST AT 25 TO 35 MPH WILL PRODUCE NEAR-BLIZZARD CONDITIONS WITH SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. IMPACTS... * EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TRAVEL ON SNOW COVERED ROADS WITH VERY LOW VISIBILITY. ROADS MAY BE IMPASSABLE. * POWER OUTAGES. * CANCELLATIONS AND DELAYS. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... THE PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION REMINDS MOTORISTS TO ADJUST SPEEDS BASED ON DRIVING CONDITIONS AND TO TAKE IT SLOW IN ICE AND SNOW.

We're home for the day.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it's currently 68.7 degrees F and partly cloudy. Headed for a high of 75. It rained quite a bit last night and the night before. Not very exciting I'm afraid. 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been cold here in Nebraska, we don't even know what snow is this winter, two light dustings. 30's yesterday and 40 MPH winds, nasty! Cats don't even want to go outside, so stay in, chasing each other around teh house. I have to step in once in a while.  But 75 degrees Thursday and a nice weekend in the 60's and 70's coming up. Oh well, I guess I'll have to water those pine seedlings again!

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:dash:

Have you stocked up with essentials?? Please be careful if you have to go out in that. 
All stocked up me and the kids and fur kids are snug as a bug. My poor husband is out plowing for the day and probably night.
I'll make a nice roast chicken with gravy, mashed taters, stuffing a veg and homemade bread.
I just hope we don't loose power as I don't know how to use the portable generator we have

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All stocked up me and the kids and fur kids are snug as a bug. My poor husband is out plowing for the day and probably night.
I'll make a nice roast chicken with gravy, mashed taters, stuffing a veg and homemade bread.
I just hope we don't loose power as I don't know how to use the portable generator we have
I hope you don't lose power too. Losing power when it's cold is a lot worse than losing power when it's hot. We can just take a cold shower. I have a generator too and also have no idea how to use it. 

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Blizzard.. took me over an hour for my 30 minute tops ride into work.. scary.. slippery, glad my Jeep has a snow and ice setting, really helped. It is 16 with the wind chill it is 6. Snowing now will snow all day i guess.. crock pot beef stew cooking at home.. Lived in Western NY all my life.. drive slow, stay calm.. 
 no spin outs! Unless they r on purpose and u r playin!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's snowing quite a bit here right now, but they have cut WAY back on our snow total compared to yesterday's 18-24". I've heard 4", 8-10" and 5-7" We'll see.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, they cut back on our snow totals also. Now 6-12 inches. The wind has really picked up one rate pst half hour. My balcony had a dusting covering all surfaces; now half the balcony has snow and the other half is bare. The wind is very strong. I can really hear the gusts. Wonder how it will be later. Snow is coming down sideways. I think I should start my morning routines. 

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, they cut back on our snow totals also. Now 6-12 inches. The wind has really picked up one rate pst half hour. My balcony had a dusting covering all surfaces; now half the balcony has snow and the other half is bare. The wind is very strong. I can really hear the gusts. Wonder how it will be later. Snow is coming down sideways. I think I should start my morning routines. 
They cut back here too but for the past 45 minutes the winds have picked up and it sounds like someone is just whipping sand at the windows.  I'd rather have snow than ice.  This is dangerous.  With the wind picking up it sounds like the air conditioner is going to get sucked out the window.  Be safe people.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy, oh boy!  I hope Santa comes soon !

About 5½ inches overnight; 5 - 8 inches predicted today, and 1 - 3 inches tomorrow here on the shore of Lake Ontario.  Spring's less than a week away, so it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.