What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kwik Kwik well, the GENERAL rule is "the third day is the worst day, then it gets better," but I'm not at all sure it applies to your procedure. Here's hoping it does NOT, and tomorrow will be better. If, on the other hand, it DOES, at least you won't be too upset if it is Monday before you feel a real difference.

Keeping your candle lit!
00LitCandle.jpeg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik well, the GENERAL rule is "the third day is the worst day, then it gets better," but I'm not at all sure it applies to your procedure. Here's hoping it does NOT, and tomorrow will be better. If, on the other hand, it DOES, at least you won't be too upset if it is Monday before you feel a real difference.

Keeping your candle lit!
View attachment 474652
It is,yes......

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for such sweet kindness- I do have pain medications for the cancer pain but I try not to take it ,I don't mind the extended release morphine meds because it doesn't make me feel loopy & the Celebrex and Baclofen is adequate I think- they gave me oxycodone but I'm not taking it and requested tramadol instead- I'm just a lightweight with meds
So glad you’re doing ok (ok, rather than well, because I know after that kind of surgery no one feels “well” lol)

I feel this so strongly. When I had a hematoma after a bleed caused by endometriosis surgery they put in a line to drain it. My main doctor came in to tell me it wasn’t going to be fun removing it then disappeared leaving my main nurse to do it 😆 she offered morphine, me being scared now that they hyped it up, accepted It. Well turns out I too am a lightweight. Went on such a ride I was borderline traumatized. Bonus, it didn’t help much with the line removal 🥸

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. - Unknown

Recovery is never easy, but always worth wile.
Love that! Boy I'm gonna be STRONG!rofl

GenCat GenCat
I understand completely,I much prefer to be in my right mind and not go for any "rides" lol

I'm am doing okay,today the pain has decreased even more and I'm just so happy I can take care of myself and the kitties-thst was my biggest concern with no one here with me but it's fine- I've got 5 little furry nurses to check on me❤

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've got 5 little furry nurses to check on me
Don't be surprised if they snuggle next to the site and purr. And don't move them, either. It has now been proven that a cat's purr sets up an ultrasound that speeds healing in both soft and hard tissue. Which may be why injured cats will purr, come to think of it...self-healing qualities!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Don't be surprised if they snuggle next to the site and purr. And don't move them, either. It has now been proven that a cat's purr sets up an ultrasound that speeds healing in both soft and hard tissue. Which may be why injured cats will purr, come to think of it...self-healing qualities!
My vet has a clinic cat that will curl up next to any ailing dog or cat (if they don't protest) and purr his little head off. I have many many photos of Tag on the table, resting happily with this little orange nurse-cat next to him.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad you’re doing ok (ok, rather than well, because I know after that kind of surgery no one feels “well” lol)

I feel this so strongly. When I had a hematoma after a bleed caused by endometriosis surgery they put in a line to drain it. My main doctor came in to tell me it wasn’t going to be fun removing it then disappeared leaving my main nurse to do it 😆 she offered morphine, me being scared now that they hyped it up, accepted It. Well turns out I too am a lightweight. Went on such a ride I was borderline traumatized. Bonus, it didn’t help much with the line removal 🥸
When I had my back surgery, the doctor prescribed Demerol, but I said, in so many words, "Noooooooooooo!" So he prescribed Darvocet N100 instead, with the Demerol as a backup if needed. It wasn't, and even the Darvocet was only sparingly used. I remember back in my time on the thoracic/ plastic surgery ward, when patients- especially burn patients- would watch the clock for the exact moment they could get their next dose of Talwin- a synthetic morphine. I vowed that would never happen to this kid.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When I had my back surgery, the doctor prescribed Demerol, but I said, in so many words, "Noooooooooooo!" So he prescribed Darvocet N100 instead, with the Demerol as a backup if needed. It wasn't, and even the Darvocet was only sparingly used. I remember back in my time on the thoracic/ plastic surgery ward, when patients- especially burn patients- would watch the clock for the exact moment they could get their next dose of Talwin- a synthetic morphine. I vowed that would never happen to this kid.
Good that you did. My mother was a life long pill addict beginning with her first back surgery. it’s just not that hard for it to happen.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
if this helps at all,I have not had back surgery but I have had major back pain. I didn't realize how having strong legs helps so much with back pain. For pt I worked on standing on one leg and stretching. Now I just do body weight training. Sounds much harder than it is but no more back pain. I work retail!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you are OK! Keep up withe thr pt. It's so worth it!
My surgeon always says he has the easy job-the hard part is recovery and you have to work at it

So my first PT Saturday I was at 83degrees range of motion( bend) and yesterday the therapist was amazed I'm at 94 degrees- he was pushing for 90 by Friday-the surgeon told him " watch her,she's an overachiever" lol He called yesterday to check on me because I'm alone and discharged so early- I'm able to do everything I need to do and though it's painful it is worth it maggie101 maggie101

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Max comes and puts his arms around my knee ,lies across the surgical site a purrs.....Timmy just got down after a half hour of his head on my knee......they are very comforting

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My surgeon always says he has the easy job-the hard part is recovery and you have to work at it

So my first PT Saturday I was at 83degrees range of motion( bend) and yesterday the therapist was amazed I'm at 94 degrees- he was pushing for 90 by Friday-the surgeon told him " watch her,she's an overachiever" lol He called yesterday to check on me because I'm alone and discharged so early- I'm able to do everything I need to do and though it's painful it is worth it maggie101 maggie101

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Max comes and puts his arms around my knee ,lies across the surgical site a purrs.....Timmy just got down after a half hour of his head on my knee......they are very comforting
That's what his PT said of my older brother who had a total hip replacement at age 82. He has never been one to take things easy, but is always doing something- like his latest hobby is restoring old farm tractors. He even had to put up a building to house his collection.