What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite annual craft fair is no more. :bawling2:Its been tradition to go for years and years. My cousin has come down just for it. My mom has had several friends visit for it over the years. Even DD goes with us! Its always huge and well attended. They announced on Facebook that the group that organizes it is not operating anymore; so no more fairs. So many people are upset. :bawling:
freshly molted blue crab thats battered and deep fried is really good
People love their crabs around here but I don’t have patience for all the cracking and picking. I think it’s almost as much about sitting around together socializing as it is the food though.

I just stick to the king crab legs at the seafood buffet place. Which closed unfortunately.:sniffle:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
EDIT: I was right, it did take some time. But I am no longer an ordinary cat.
There ARE no "ordinary" cats, DarIin', sureIy you know that!

I am so entireIy done with summer! PIease, pIease, pIease Iet there be a "reaI" winter this year! The insects are carrying us away here. And the miIIipedes! I have never had a miIIipede in this apartment untiI recentIy. Not that they bother me over much, I just catch them in a paper toweI and return them to their proper pIace...OUTSIDE!!! Hek is disgusted with them. Fast enough to catch her attention,not fast enough to trigger her hunting instinct. They baffIe her. And a baffIed Hekitty is not a fun thing to deaI with.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am so entireIy done with summer! PIease, pIease, pIease Iet there be a "reaI" winter this year! The insects are carrying us away here. And the miIIipedes! I have never had a miIIipede in this apartment untiI recentIy. Not that they bother me over much, I just catch them in a paper toweI and return them to their proper pIace...OUTSIDE!!! Hek is disgusted with them. Fast enough to catch her attention,not fast enough to trigger her hunting instinct. They baffIe her. And a baffIed Hekitty is not a fun thing to deaI with.
Totally agree. Between the grasshoppers, locust and baby toads I feel like I'm in Egypt during Biblical times.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Never had blue crab, but out of the ones I've had I prefer Opilio.
Oh,you've got to try blue claw- they are scrumptious It's a favorite here in South Florida,we've got a place called the Rustic Inn in Ft Lauderdale that is a big touristy place.....they serve giant pots of garlic blue claw and give you wooden hammers- you have to laugh,it sounds like a construction site but lots of fun

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely love it here. It's quiet, mostly secluded yet town is still somewhat close. But I'm beginning to wonder why I'm here. Between the occasional mouse in the cabinet, snakes in my car engine, half of the plagues of Egypt , now the Giant Desert Centipede has decided to make an appearance after years of being gone.
I'm close to my wits end. Winter can't come too soon.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm also done with summer. Bring on the cool weather and the snow. I do enjoy a snow storm where I can sit inside and enjoy the beauty and don't have to worry about shoveling my side walk, driveway and I don't have to worry about driving to work on bad roads. Do you get much now in North Carolina?

I'm glad you were able to put the millipede outside without harming it. I get a lot of ladybugs in the cool weather here in Virginia. My brother comes over and collects them in a jar and puts them in his garden. I don't like killing bugs if I can avoid it.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm also done with summer. Bring on the cool weather and the snow. I do enjoy a snow storm where I can sit inside and enjoy the beauty and don't have to worry about shoveling my side walk, driveway and I don't have to worry about driving to work on bad roads. Do you get much now in North Carolina?

I'm glad you were able to put the millipede outside without harming it. I get a lot of ladybugs in the cool weather here in Virginia. My brother comes over and collects them in a jar and puts them in his garden. I don't like killing bugs if I can avoid it.
I'm a bug murderer....I detest bugs and love my 5 predators that keep tye house bug free.I say" get the bugs" and they go hunting along the baseboards

Here in Florida we have prehistoric "bugs" giant Teradactyl cockroaches ( palmetto bugs) that freak me out.... part of why I love lizards and Iguana that eat them and the giant size crickets we have here

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
In New England, We really have not had much of a summer this year. It has been a very rainy, humid, tropical forest few months. I am done with the humidity and the rain. I am tired of having humidity in my apartment. So much that even the AC is not removing it.

I remember the days of Dry, Hot summers, of my youth; with a sea breeze to cool things off. The kind of days where you could go out, and enjoy.

I am not looking forward to Winter. With the way the summer has gone, I expect a really bad winter with many blizzards.. Many large snow storms. That means me staying home a lot, and having to dig out my car.. or pay someone to dig it out. Not good.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
In New England, We really have not had much of a summer this year. It has been a very rainy, humid, tropical forest few months. I am done with the humidity and the rain. I am tired of having humidity in my apartment. So much that even the AC is not removing it.

I remember the days of Dry, Hot summers, of my youth; with a sea breeze to cool things off. The kind of days where you could go out, and enjoy.

I am not looking forward to Winter. With the way the summer has gone, I expect a really bad winter with many blizzards.. Many large snow storms. That means me staying home a lot, and having to dig out my car.. or pay someone to dig it out. Not good.
I grew up in NYC and I remember those beautiful dry summer days where you stayed outside all day until dark( & those nights,uhhhh beautiful summer nights)......I think these days the humidity up North is actually worse than Florida...... The weather has changed drastically,everywhere

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a bug murderer....I detest bugs and love my 5 predators that keep tye house bug free.I say" get the bugs" and they go hunting along the baseboards

Here in Florida we have prehistoric "bugs" giant Teradactyl cockroaches ( palmetto bugs) that freak me out.... part of why I love lizards and Iguana that eat them and the giant size crickets we have here
I don't like bugs either but I don't like to kill them. I've never seen any of my cats bother with them. The only bugs I had in my house were spiders and I left them alone. When I was living with my mother she had a problem with earwigs. Every spring hundreds of them would get into her house. I could not stand them and I killed every one I could. One time I was usuing the bathroom and one of them bit me on the butt.

Florida does have a lot of bugs and that is one reason I would never live there.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like bugs either but I don't like to kill them. I've never seen any of my cats bother with them. The only bugs I had in my house were spiders and I left them alone. When I was living with my mother she had a problem with earwigs. Every spring hundreds of them would get into her house. I could not stand them and I killed every one I could. One time I was usuing the bathroom and one of them bit me on the butt.

Florida does have a lot of bugs and that is one reason I would never live there.
Don't blame you at all!I'd love to get out of here....

Status
Not open for further replies.