What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why in the heck am I looking at adoptable horses online? šŸ˜­
If you're looking at mustangs and you don't know what your doing...get off that page. I knew what I was doing and I still almost lost my leg. (granted, it was in fact the owner's fault...long story)

Turns out it isn't my modem. The tech just left and said both modem and line is fine. Apparently, the internet company is having both power and server issues. He said there are just too many people for the servers they have. He also told me to find another company (shhh), but unfortunately, unless I have around 1k to drop on equipment, they have a monopoly out here. I'm on a budget, so I'll have to put up with the internet going out often.

On the up side, I've been getting a lot of yard work done with no internet.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you're looking at mustangs and you don't know what your doing...get off that page. I knew what I was doing and I still almost lost my leg. (granted, it was in fact the owner's fault...long story)

Turns out it isn't my modem. The tech just left and said both modem and line is fine. Apparently, the internet company is having both power and server issues. He said there are just too many people for the servers they have. He also told me to find another company (shhh), but unfortunately, unless I have around 1k to drop on equipment, they have a monopoly out here. I'm on a budget, so I'll have to put up with the internet going out often.

On the up side, I've been getting a lot of yard work done with no internet.
I was thinking more along the lines of the one that said "can't be ridden at more than a walk/trot. Really old. Really good with everyone. Sleeps a lot. Would make a great pasture pet." Unfortunately, the cost of keeping them is WAY out of my league, not to mention the workload involved...

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking more along the lines of the one that said "can't be ridden at more than a walk/trot. Really old. Really good with everyone. Sleeps a lot. Would make a great pasture pet." Unfortunately, the cost of keeping them is WAY out of my league, not to mention the workload involved...
Plus, at that age you would have special dietary needs and sometimes even special farrier needs. Let's not forget any medication if the horse has arthritis or some other ailment. This on top of stalling, normal feed and regular exercise.
You are smart to let this one go.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do that kind of things to myself when I'm procrastinating or sometimes just stressed out. I can't say I look at horses. But houses, vacations, jewelry.... yep. Glutton for punnishmnet!
I still find myself creeping around zillow or realtor just looking at houses. That's a 20 year old habit that will probably never die!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
After testing the doctor found out where the seizures are happening then go from there. I had to stay awake til 2 am then awoken 7 am. Totally off meds. It only took 3 nights. My cats are happy to be home!
Fantastic! So glad for you (and the kitties). seems like they are really making strides in this.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I do that kind of things to myself when I'm procrastinating or sometimes just stressed out. I can't say I look at horses. But houses, vacations, jewelry.... yep. Glutton for punnishmnet!
Absolutely.. it's like the new version of window shopping. :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can definitely do some window shopping. My mom and I used to stop at every booth when we would go to craft fairs. Of course my mom is an extrovert and always did a little more shopping than I did; so there werenā€™t guilt purchases on my part. Its sad when you see a booth not getting much traffic. But sometimes those were the people with the most skillful crafts so they were expecting only bigger sales.

Of course back when I couldnā€™t buy much that was less fun. Id just dream of when I COULD spend some money decorating my house. Now its more like being selective because I have enough.

We went window shopping for my birthday last year in a coastal town thatā€™s not a long drive away. That was fun! I canā€™t stand the summer tourist traffic so going just off season meant nice weather and shops were still open. And then we had lunch at a restaurant that specializes in macaroni and cheese with fresh made pasta.:drool:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I still find myself creeping around zillow or realtor just looking at houses. That's a 20 year old habit that will probably never die!
I love to look at houses online as well. But so many are deceptive, with staging and special camera angles so you canā€™t really see size or condition. I always check property history as well to see if itā€™s a flip.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I can definitely do some window shopping. My mom and I used to stop at every booth when we would go to craft fairs. Of course my mom is an extrovert and always did a little more shopping than I did; so there werenā€™t guilt purchases on my part. Its sad when you see a booth not getting much traffic. But sometimes those were the people with the most skillful crafts so they were expecting only bigger sales.

Of course back when I couldnā€™t buy much that was less fun. Id just dream of when I COULD spend some money decorating my house. Now its more like being selective because I have enough.

We went window shopping for my birthday last year in a coastal town thatā€™s not a long drive away. That was fun! I canā€™t stand the summer tourist traffic so going just off season meant nice weather and shops were still open. And then we had lunch at a restaurant that specializes in macaroni and cheese with fresh made pasta.:drool:
I would very much like window shopping outside. I was thinking of malls and window shopping is a term I have not heard in a long time

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since starting her hyper-T medicine, I think Sarah has been putting on some (much needed) weight. She looks and feels more "filled out", and is still eating hungrily but it's not that frantic, spastic inhaling all the food she can find.
Bad news: her half-sister is starting to show the same symptoms that she did when all this started. šŸ˜­ So, I might be dealing with two soon...

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Darn poltergeists! For second time in two weeks my bedroom clocks have changed time by themselves. This morning I opened my eyes, looked at the clock and it was 9:00 am. I never sleep that late so I was up quick to let Lola out of her room and start the morning. It wasnā€™t til an hour or so later that I looked at the living room clock and it said 8:15. My bedside clock had moved forward by two hours and sixteen minutes during the night. On this clock, the ā€œHourā€ button is on the opposite side of the clock from the ā€œMinuteā€ button, so a cat simply standing on the clock couldnā€™t change it.

Two weeks ago the clock on the other side of the room changed the clock time back and hour and some minutes. On this clock you have to hold down a ā€œTimeā€ button on the left side of the clock while simultaneously push down a ā€œMinuteā€ button on the right. Again, I canā€™t see how it would be possible for a cat to accidentally do it. I have to put glasses on and turn on the light to change the time.

Over the years this mysterious changing of clock times common occurrence and part of the reason I keep two clocks in the bedroom.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darn poltergeists! For second time in two weeks my bedroom clocks have changed time by themselves. This morning I opened my eyes, looked at the clock and it was 9:00 am. I never sleep that late so I was up quick to let Lola out of her room and start the morning. It wasnā€™t til an hour or so later that I looked at the living room clock and it said 8:15. My bedside clock had moved forward by two hours and sixteen minutes during the night. On this clock, the ā€œHourā€ button is on the opposite side of the clock from the ā€œMinuteā€ button, so a cat simply standing on the clock couldnā€™t change it.

Two weeks ago the clock on the other side of the room changed the clock time back and hour and some minutes. On this clock you have to hold down a ā€œTimeā€ button on the left side of the clock while simultaneously push down a ā€œMinuteā€ button on the right. Again, I canā€™t see how it would be possible for a cat to accidentally do it. I have to put glasses on and turn on the light to change the time.

Over the years this mysterious changing of clock times common occurrence and part of the reason I keep two clocks in the bedroom.
Sounds to me like it's either a battery or surge issue. If they need a battery, use a good one like Duracell. If electric, I would put them on a surge protector and see if that doesn't solve the issue.
Most my clocks are battery, but I have noticed when the power surges (it happens more than you may realize) that the electric clocks jump time.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like it's either a battery or surge issue. If they need a battery, use a good one like Duracell. If electric, I would put them on a surge protector and see if that doesn't solve the issue.
Most my clocks are battery, but I have noticed when the power surges (it happens more than you may realize) that the electric clocks jump time.
Electric plug in clocks, no batteries.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then you can try to put them on a surge protector (not just a multi-outlet bar). I don't have my electric clocks on a surge, because most of mine are battery and I don't care to. But with electric being as unreliable as it is and constantly surging, every other electric device I have is on a protector.
(I think I keep the surge protector company in business)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I paid for a grading service for DD's Writing course this year. I thought it would be good for her to get feedback from someone who knows what good writing at her age looks like. I'm just running into technical trouble getting her a profile set up. It's a smaller company so I don't think they have Saturday customer service. They were having issues last week but it was supposedly fixed yesterday. I'm just going to have to wait.

I needed a break so bad I resorted to giving Mooch's bottom a sponge bath while DD bribed her with kibble. :cringe: She was a mess. :barfgreen: Hopefully now she's clean enough to snuggle or at least finish the job herself. She's snoozing but she was looking a bit put out before she dozed off. :rolleyes2:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was looking for some papers for my son yesterday, when I ran across Kumal's adoption papers. Now the story is that his owner died and the family didn't know about him or the other cat and didn't show to clean the family members house for around 3 weeks. When the cat's were discovered, they were given to the shelter. Once recieved they went through medical and he was already neutered and chipped.
Here's the thing though, on his adoption papers they had an exact date of birth.
Before I ask on 'what is my cat's breed', what are the chances of a shelter knowing an exact date if there were no pedigree papers to go with it. I understand that with no papers he's a domestic, but they originally told me he was older than the adoption papers said, so I don't think they put down just any date on the adoption papers.
Any ideas? Ever hear of a breed of longhair black cat with emerald green eyes?
Like I said, without papers he's domestic and for 5 years I never questioned it..But now I am.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.