What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you let her walk or does she ride? I would have lost my mind if DS was on foot at that age. He was just too excitable and distracted. One of my favorite memories though he must have been 4 and I turned around to find him instead of standing on the rail at the bottom of the cart he was folded over the side like a wet rag!
🥴 :dunno:

Some man saw him at the same time and just bust out laughing. We were both not sure how that didn’t hurt with those metal carts! Whatever he was fiddling with must have been a good enough distraction.

And that was far preferable to the time he managed to cover himself in scented body power when he bumped into a hanging rack with one on it with no lid!:paperbag:
Oh, she rides. No way I'd have her walk. I park next to the cart carrel and she goes straight from the car seat into the cart for ultimate safety in the parking lot.

Another J being friendly story. We took a walk to get out of the house last Saturday. She'd gotten her face painted at the farmer's market that morning and this older gentleman walking his dog told her he liked it. And she said, I kid you not, "Tank you, Tanta". Like he didn't even have a beard, but I guess any old man who isn't grandpa is Santa. :dunno:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And she said, I kid you not, "Tank you, Tanta". Like he didn't even have a beard, but I guess any old man who isn't grandpa is Santa. :dunno:
:flail:That is ADORABLE!!! They are so innocent you can't help but laugh! Too cute!!

I have seen little kids just toddling through Walmart perfectly behaved. And then I see others like mine who might not have climbed the shelves but he definitely would have just had to touch everything! Because hes had eczema on his hands for so long we try not to use sanitizer because it stings so much. So when covid hit and we were going places again I told him he had to keep his hands to himself or he'd have to use sanitizer. It worked! :rolleyes2:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess we have a new kitty. Dad has been feeding black kitty. He has been hanging around my neighbor's yard for 9 years. I always thought he was their cat, but they said no! I know he's 9 years old because he was best friends with Demi when he was a baby and lived outdoors. I'm sad that he lived alone for 9 years! I hope he wasn't too lonely. He might be feral. He might even be Demi's brother.

What should I name him? I'm thinking Frasier, Holden, or Brandt.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
M maggiedemi , aII three are nice names, but of the three, I may Iike HoIden best. I do have a friend who just got a femaIe bIack kitten, with HUGE orange eyes, and has named her "Abyss" (as in, "I gazed Iong into the abyss"), and is caIIing her "Abby" for short!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This afternoon I searched the site (yes THIS site) to figure out how old our washing machine is because I knew I had mentioned it on here. :paperbag:

Should I be proud or embarrassed? :rolleyes2:

The answer is 7 1/2 years old by the way. It’s giving us some issues but DH thinks its just the belt so he ordered one. There was little pieces of black rubber under it. It reminded me of eraser shavings; just black and bigger. Praying its an easy, quick fix!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi , aII three are nice names, but of the three, I may Iike HoIden best. I do have a friend who just got a femaIe bIack kitten, with HUGE orange eyes, and has named her "Abyss" (as in, "I gazed Iong into the abyss"), and is caIIing her "Abby" for short!
Definitely Holden. Great name.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This afternoon I searched the site (yes THIS site) to figure out how old our washing machine is because I knew I had mentioned it on here. :paperbag:

Should I be proud or embarrassed? :rolleyes2:

The answer is 7 1/2 years old by the way. It’s giving us some issues but DH thinks its just the belt so he ordered one. There was little pieces of black rubber under it. It reminded me of eraser shavings; just black and bigger. Praying its an easy, quick fix!
I've done that too. Great minds think alike. :yess::thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dad says- Why do you want to name him Holden? You're never gonna be able to hold em. Ha!
If he's been a feral tom cat for 9 years, it might be hard to tame him. Wish I had taken him in 2014 when he was a kitten! He was the cutest kitten. But I always thought he was the neighbors cat! He hung out in their yard for 9 years! But they deny his existence! Makes no sense.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe Holden is perfect then. You’ll speak it into existence! 😁

Speaking of kittens though…bestie’s neighbor is fostering a litter so she had a picture of one INSANELY cute baby. She seems to be a light silvery gray tabby with white front paw socks and a little buff on her face. I’m not even sure what to call that combination! I couldn’t see the rest of her but :loveeyes:. If Mooch wasn’t 18 with arthritis I’d adopt 2. Because experience says 2 kittens is beneficial for each other. I hear the mama is very sweet and affectionate too.:redheartpump: Our time will come. Just praying these babies find good homes.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dad says- Why do you want to name him Holden? You're never gonna be able to hold em. Ha!
If he's been a feral tom cat for 9 years, it might be hard to tame him. Wish I had taken him in 2014 when he was a kitten! He was the cutest kitten. But I always thought he was the neighbors cat! He hung out in their yard for 9 years! But they deny his existence! Makes no sense.
Tell him because when it comes to cats, you know when to Holden, and know when to fold'em. 😸

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Something weird happened with this site between yesterday and today. This morning every thread I posted to was showing up in my emails - somehow my preferences had been changed and the box for email notifications checked.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone very dear is on my mind:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What type of blankets do you guys use for winter? I'm very disappointed in my new fleece blanket that my brother got me. I thought it would be so warm, but I nearly froze to death last night and it's only August! I need something before winter gets here. Should I just get a second of the same fleece one and use two? Or should I get some other warmer material? I wanted to get away from bed spreads, since they take up so much room in the washing machine, they are a full load on their own.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
What type of blankets do you guys use for winter? I'm very disappointed in my new fleece blanket that my brother got me. I thought it would be so warm, but I nearly froze to death last night and it's only August! I need something before winter gets here. Should I just get a second of the same fleece one and use two? Or should I get some other warmer material? I wanted to get away from bed spreads, since they take up so much room in the washing machine, they are a full load on their own.
So some kind of down filled would be just as much a pain in the washer as a comforter I presume? ---- I really like flannel blankets myself,they have such thin soft flannel that are really cozy

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if I would use down, since I'm vegetarian. Does the duck have to die to get the material? Yeah I wanted to get away from anything huge or bulky like a bedspread. I wanted to wash my blanket, 2 sheets, and one pillowcase all in one load. Not sure if I could fit 2 fleece blankets in there. I never heard of a flannel blanket. I will try to find a pic.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if I would use down, since I'm vegetarian. Does the duck have to die to get the material? Yeah I wanted to get away from anything huge or bulky like a bedspread. I wanted to wash my blanket, 2 sheets, and one pillowcase all in one load. Not sure if I could fit 2 fleece blankets in there. I never heard of a flannel blanket. I will try to find a pic.
Ah ,they call it flannel fleece what I have...is that the fleece you got or is it more like Sherpa?
As far as birds in breeding flocks that are slaughtered for meat they pluck them many times for down while alive---- You'd have to look into where they got the down, most remove them during slaughter but there are farms that sell for down,imo it's not humane either way so I commend you!

Solaris Plaid Fleece Throw Blanket for Couch Ultra Soft Lightweight Flannel Blanket, 50" x 60",Black - Walmart.com

Status
Not open for further replies.