What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful feeding those. Although cinnamon is a non-toxic food for cats and dogs, it can cause issues with their digestive system.

The last week or so my news feed on my computer has been filled with 'ways to keep snakes out' of your yard/pool/living area.
1. Why am I seeing this all of a sudden?
2. Other than my pets, I don't have snakes in my home. But why would I want to keep them out of my yard? I don't have a phobia. Snakes are good to have around. (ok, not rattlers) I mean, I have a 5' Gopher snake living under my house and carport area and I intend to keep it there.
I need to figure out how to get rid of these articles. I haven't looked up anything about snakes, so I don't know where these are coming from.
Maybe you glanced at an article that had something to do with snakes or even entered part of the word without even hitting search. Don’t take much. You can try clearing your search history and site history to see if this helps.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you glanced at an article that had something to do with snakes or even entered part of the word without even hitting search. Don’t take much. You can try clearing your search history and site history to see if this helps.
Turns out my son was looking something up. Since he's still living here, we have the same IP and it thought it was me looking it up.
AI's are taking over the world (still kind of stupid though with the algorithm used)
I did an AI song with Bellamy's voice a bit back (written by someone else) and those lyrics are coming true. Scary stuff.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Be careful feeding those. Although cinnamon is a non-toxic food for cats and dogs, it can cause issues with their digestive system.

The last week or so my news feed on my computer has been filled with 'ways to keep snakes out' of your yard/pool/living area.
1. Why am I seeing this all of a sudden?
2. Other than my pets, I don't have snakes in my home. But why would I want to keep them out of my yard? I don't have a phobia. Snakes are good to have around. (ok, not rattlers) I mean, I have a 5' Gopher snake living under my house and carport area and I intend to keep it there.
I need to figure out how to get rid of these articles. I haven't looked up anything about snakes, so I don't know where these are coming from.
I don't know what it is, but it seems like if I click on a story, thinking it sounds mildly interesting, the internet starts throwing every single thing that has anything to do with anything in that story my way. It's nice that it will show more things you might like, but sometimes it's very annoying. Once I clicked on a video of a baby bald Eagle hatching, and suddenly the internet thought I needed to know the mating habits of pelicans, 1,001 facts about seagulls, etc.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I need to search something and I don’t want 87k ads for it I open a private browsing window/tab. It’s essentially helpful when a certain kid is all curious about bugs or something gross.

I’m probably going to start getting ads about Corgi’s though because I’m researching them because he’s really showing interest in that breed. A lady offered to let him pet hers in the store today and he was GLOWING. 🥹
No cinnamon in these. I don’t know if I should blame myself or my iPhone; the brand is Churu, not Churro. :rolleyes2:

These are one of the flavors I got:
Your pet will love this Inaba Churu Bites Chicken Recipe wraps Tuna with Salmon Recipe Grain-Free Cat Treats, 0.35-oz, pack of 3:
https://www.chewy.com/dp/262445?utm_source=app-share&utm_campaign=262445

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Turns out my son was looking something up. Since he's still living here, we have the same IP and it thought it was me looking it up.
AI's are taking over the world (still kind of stupid though with the algorithm used)
I did an AI song with Bellamy's voice a bit back (written by someone else) and those lyrics are coming true. Scary stuff.
I google so much weird stuff that Google has a hard time figuring out what ads to give me. I google all kinds of things every day because I like learning about things.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost always use an incognito window which is why I couldn't figure it out.
I wish media would quit thinking that snakes are some evil creature that just wants to kill you. Truth is, they want nothing to do with you and if you leave them alone, they will go on their merry way.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PEOPLE IN FLORIDA. and any other state really.

My son just informed me that there seems to be a leprosy outbreak in Florida. Something like 200 cases in one week (I may have that figure wrong). It starts out as a rash that gets worse and can end in amputation or even death.
Totally curable if caught in the first stages. It transmits like a virus although it is a bacteria.
Also, seems like there are more cases of Malaria going around in FL.

Please, if you notice a rash that seems to not go away, get to a doctor and be safe.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I almost always use an incognito window which is why I couldn't figure it out.
I wish media would quit thinking that snakes are some evil creature that just wants to kill you. Truth is, they want nothing to do with you and if you leave them alone, they will go on their merry way.
And they'll help keep the rodent population in check. In so many ways it's good when nature does it's thing.

My son just informed me that there seems to be a leprosy outbreak in Florida. Something like 200 cases in one week (I may have that figure wrong). It starts out as a rash that gets worse and can end in amputation or even death.
Totally curable if caught in the first stages. It transmits like a virus although it is a bacteria.

Please, if you notice a rash that seems to not go away, get to a doctor and be safe.
I remember visiting a nursing home with my girls group from church to put on a program and one of the residents had lost toes and I think some fingers to leprosy. Being a church kid we'd only ever heard about it in the Bible. I think we were all a little shocked its still around. Poor lady. Hopefully we were kind and respectful with our curiosity.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

I've been reading about that. ThankfuIIy, it is curabIe now, unIess ignored and aIIowed to reaIIy take hoId. AIso, it is not nearIy as infectious as most peopIe think, given what we've been shown on TV and in movies, and read about. It generaIIy takes Iong-term exposure and/or very unsanitary conditions to spread. UnIess you have a weakened immune system, and so many of us do, these days.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate my internet company.
The internet had an outage for a couple of hours - no big deal. But when it came back on, ours didn't. I was on the phone with them for over an hour trying to get them to 'plug it back up' and fix it. "No", they said, we need to charge you $100 and have a technician come out. FRIDAY.
Kind of like "Thank you for being a valued customer, we will be happy to fix your issue in 7-10 business months".
Fortunately, this has happened before, when it came back, it fried our line. So I replaced the phone line (we keep an extra, in package, just in case), turned off the modem for 10 minutes, and it came right up.
This should have been my first go-to, but I wasn't thinking at that moment.
The tech at the company should have thought of this.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A rather horrifying discovery this afternoon and a PSA about fans. I have a floor fan that I run all summer long and I don’t know exactly how old it is but at least 15. As Willow jumped on the window bench this afternoon I saw some of her always shedding fur fly towards the fan. I guess I assumed any sucked in would blow right through but I thought I would turn the fan off and take a look. Eek, cat hair and lots of it hanging everywhere inside. I am embarrassed to say but in all the years I had this fan I never thought about taking it apart and cleaning it out and oh my, did it need it. Every moving part was caked with hair, dust and crud, truly disgusting. The fire danger and air quality issues! It is now thoroughly cleaned and repeating that every fall when I shut it off for the season is on my permanent to do list.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A rather horrifying discovery this afternoon and a PSA about fans. I have a floor fan that I run all summer long and I don’t know exactly how old it is but at least 15. As Willow jumped on the window bench this afternoon I saw some of her always shedding fur fly towards the fan. I guess I assumed any sucked in would blow right through but I thought I would turn the fan off and take a look. Eek, cat hair and lots of it hanging everywhere inside. I am embarrassed to say but in all the years I had this fan I never thought about taking it apart and cleaning it out and oh my, did it need it. Every moving part was caked with hair, dust and crud, truly disgusting. The fire danger and air quality issues! It is now thoroughly cleaned and repeating that every fall when I shut it off for the season is on my permanent to do list.
I am always shocked at how quickly the fans we use in the grooming area get covered with hair inside.
I did a quick search but can't find it, but years ago a groomer showed how they used an old screen, cut to fit the fan. They unscrewed the back of the fan off, placed the screen inside (somehow, secured it) and screwed it back in and the screen caught the dust/hair, etc and just needed swept off once in awhile.
Good reminder to check your fans for safety susanm9006 susanm9006 .

Status
Not open for further replies.