What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never felt this way.
I woke up this morning with a horrible feeling. It feels like something went into the very core of my being and ripped out a part of me. I only dreamed of mundane things so that's not it, and I can say with 100% certainty that it isn't associated with a family member. I just feel like I'm in a void and can't stop crying.
My son, who's had 2 years of Psych and worked at the psych hospital for a few years is trying to counsel me, but nothing is working.
Plus, I have been listening to one MUSE song on loop for 4 hours. Just the one song.
Hopefully I'll come out of it soon and get over it.
Just wish I knew what has been ripped from me so I can deal with it and get out of this void feeling.

I've never had any mental illness like depression, so It's something deeper. Much, much deeper.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never make the mistake thinking your cats are safe out doors predators are everywhere pics my bro in law sent me this morning from his pre work fishing at marina del rey a rich beach ftont city area. where theres one coyote theres more prowling around

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
AC is fixed! SO simpIe, too! The drain hose on the condenser had gotten bIocked, and the sensor shut down the unit so it wouIdn't fIood. Took him five minutes fIat to cIear it and have the AC working again! I can have hot meaIs again! I was getting tired of sandwiches and cereaI!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Never make the mistake thinking your cats are safe out doors predators are everywhere pics my bro in law sent me this morning from his pre work fishing at marina del rey a rich beach ftont city area. where theres one coyote theres more prowling around
Yup! then there’s this… IMG_6347.jpeg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:grouphug2: :grouphug: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :alright::hugs::sickcat:
I woke up this morning with a horrible feeling. It feels like something went into the very core of my being and ripped out a part of me. I only dreamed of mundane things so that's not it, and I can say with 100% certainty that it isn't associated with a family member. I just feel like I'm in a void and can't stop crying.
My son, who's had 2 years of Psych and worked at the psych hospital for a few years is trying to counsel me, but nothing is working.
Plus, I have been listening to one MUSE song on loop for 4 hours. Just the one song.
Just wish I knew what has been ripped from me so I can deal with it and get out of this void feeling.

I've never had any mental illness like depression, so It's something deeper. Much, much deeper.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
All that's on my mind right now is how cold it is in here! Heater's been on for three hours and usually that would be far too long. It's throwing out heat but the room is still cold. Weird.
That's very weird. Does the heater have a thermostat?
And, obviously, you need another cat to double as a back up lap warmer. :cutecat:

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
All that's on my mind right now is how cold it is in here! Heater's been on for three hours and usually that would be far too long. It's throwing out heat but the room is still cold. Weird.
I never associate the word “cold” with “Australia,” but that shows how much I know. Was there once when I was 11 and it was H-O-T.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never associate the word “cold” with “Australia,” but that shows how much I know. Was there once when I was 11 and it was H-O-T.
Oh yes, our summers are stinkers! Our winters (outside Tasmania or the Alps) would hardly count as such in the northern hemisphere, but it’s plenty cold enough to need to rug up. It was only a couple of degrees above freezing last night.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's very weird. Does the heater have a thermostat?
And, obviously, you need another cat to double as a back up lap warmer. :cutecat:
Not a thermostat, just a temperature control. I suspect it’s this cold I’ve got rather than the heater (thank goodness!) - I turned it off and can feel the difference in the air, and Mum said she was warm.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I chose to switch DS to a new history curriculum this year. If we don't love it; we can switch again next year right? It's just hard to chose where to spend the money sometimes.

Now I need to make a list of the novels that it uses so I can figure out which ones the library has or which I might need to buy used. I've been able to get a teacher's discount on Thriftbooks so that helps me out there. Plus I only need them one at a time over the whole year; so I don't have to dive in yet.

But the relief of making all the big decisions? That's a really good feeling!! I feel like I earned a cookie or something. :lol:

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Just did a SECOND four hour drive for Zorro, this time to the oncologist. I’ve figured out a slightly less windy way to get there, no less long. All of that only to determine we are not yet going to try Cyclophosphamide (thank god…the side effects sound tremendous, and that would mean: two 4 hour drives 2 weeks in a row, followed by two 4 hour drives every other week, then one four hour drive each month, for the rest of his life). I find myself having very long conversations w/ my cat in the car. He does communicate. Can’t say how, but I feel it as a sort of emanation. I do wonder what other passing drivers think though, seeing me talking to a cat carrier. :lol:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they’re all wondering what keeps the humans away!
least the big kitty wont dig in the trash cans

hope today is a better day for you

Status
Not open for further replies.