What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My neighbors have had their 2 little dogs out chasing a remote control car through their backyard almost every day lately. They play fetch a lot. It makes me miss my first dog who was part lab. Even the mail lady used to bring her new balls. We’d come home and find her with a new one. :lol:

We’ve got a picture of my mom’s now 19 year old cat wrestling with one of her tennis balls too. Sometimes its hard to believe he used to be a little rascal going after their tails.:rolleyes2:

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Reunited with a former student I have not seen in 4 years.Found out he has changed in a positive way.He is a drag queen doing it fulltime.Told me thank you for inspiring him not to give up.Told me mom is supportive of him doing drag and said he has support from me too

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did something outrageous today….

I bought one of those fancy OCedar mops with the bucket that spins and rinses. I literally drove around town to find it in stock when I couldn’t find it at Walmart. Fortunately the guy at Ace Hardware was really sweet and found it for me. I saw him smiling and chatting with an elderly lady while he was helping get her purchases to her car in the parking lot as we pulled away.:hearthrob: It’s nice to see people like that in retail. Its hard work!

And now I got my floors mopped without dragging the steam mop out. The bucket was still a bit heavy but at least I wasn’t trying not to burn anyone or anything. :lol: I used just water like they said. The triangle shaped head did get into corners nicely. And it fit under things the steam mop couldn’t get. Of course I still have it if I need to sanitize for some reason. Or I can add cleaner to the water. I’m just glad its DONE.:lol:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Every now and then Zorro discoveres my Really Soft Sweater & gets a faraway ‘mommie‘ look in his eyes. When he thinks I’m not looking he makes tentative biscuits. I pretend I’m not peeping. :)

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My son getting in hang of things,the coach that comes over said he is a quick learner.She saw he did good walking in high heel shoes last night.Said I saw him practice a lot .He starts it on the 13th seeing what girls go through walking in their shoes.Staff knows he is doing this including his friends.Have appointment on Saturday for him at a salon teaching him make up.Knows he has to do this on his own.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son getting in hang of things,the coach that comes over said he is a quick learner.She saw he did good walking in high heel shoes last night.Said I saw him practice a lot .He starts it on the 13th seeing what girls go through walking in their shoes.Staff knows he is doing this including his friends.Have appointment on Saturday for him at a salon teaching him make up.Knows he has to do this on his own.
In my younger days there was a club that I used to go that had drag shows on the weekend as well as some in DC. I really enjoyed watching them. It's been 30 years since I've been to one and I would love to see another one. My favorite was a couple that called themselves Sonny and Cher. They were wonderful

I hope your son does well. He sure seems to have the support he needs.

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In my younger days there was a club that I used to go that had drag shows on the weekend as well as some in DC. I really enjoyed watching them. It's been 30 years since I've been to one and I would love to see another one. My favorite was a couple that called themselves Sonny and Cher. They were wonderful

I hope your son does well. He sure seems to have the support he needs.
He does,dad including staff,my family and female friends are all supporting him.Plus he has figured out what girls do,one is play with their hair

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m pleased with what a good girl Daisy’s been today. Very peaceful day, I spent it with the babies, knitting, and when it was getting on for dinner time took Daisy out for a little walk in the courtyard, then inside for a grooming. Afterward she did just what I hoped - ate some of her new dins, then went and did good big poos. She’s now torn between having more dins (the 56g she needs each day is an enormous serve) and demanding lap time.
BDEAE9A1-513E-423F-A677-DDFCCAF7B846.jpeg

... But she’s left it too late. :lol:

3F8AA52D-93DB-4B86-BAED-340CFF62E960.jpeg

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cop being good to me last night.I was stopped for going a little too fast.Never gave him crap and I cooperated.Handed him my registration,driver's license and told him I had a pistol in the middle console having a concealed weapons permit.Said all looked good and did give me a break since I did cooperate with him.I was raised to use common sense by my parents.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My introvert side is struggling. Some friends are having a bonfire at their new house this evening. Right now its very windy but they think it will be ok by nightfall. I haven’t gotten to see the place yet and I’ve been wanting to. (Its an old farmhouse on a big piece of land.) But GOSH I want to stay home and hibernate too. :seesaw:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Everybody is sick over at mom's house . . . My nose will not stop running, now it's all red and sore from blowing it. I took some vitamins and one herb. Hopefully it will pass soon. I don't have time to be sick !
~ Daily saline sinus rinse each evening can greatly reduce virus infections. This used to be known as "the Doctor's secret" .
Make sure to use distilled water. Some add a few drops of iodine and/or eucalyptus oil .

images (1).jpeg
download.jpeg
Its chilly and windy outside and about to get worse later ... glad that i got the mail now ...
~ Same here in Los Angeles . We had "snow" ( ice rain ) last week !!
I was raised to use common sense by my parents.
~ Me too ... What happened to common sense, logic and reasoning ? :sigh:

Julesbiscuits

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Had a rough afternoon; came home and all was well at first but the baby and new kitty in the bathroom melted down at the same time and I couldn't handle the noise so put baby in her crib with some music and went into another room. Misfit joined me and we ended up hiding out together from the babies for a few minutes 😵💫

Sometimes I feel like I ruined his life with both the human baby and the new kitten/teenager but I swear I had the best intentions for both of us. We'll get through it together I'm sure it's just hard right now. We're very similar, Misfit and I now that I think about it.

Anyways, my partner came home, baby fell asleep after eating, and Misfit and I are holed up in this nice quiet room with her listening to piano music while my partner plays with the kitten.

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Met up with a long friend of mine at the airport this morning.Picked her up,her name is Kate and she is from Ireland.We met during our junior year of high school,she was an exchange student.No one would not be around her at first.I was the first one she met as a friend.Luckily we were in the first class together.Then I introduced Kate to my other good friends that accepted her in.Made a pinkee finger promise to keep in touch after graduation.We still do to this day.It was exciting when we encountered.She is staying for a week.I am planning to come visit her in June.We both know one tv show showing one update just like us

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a productive morning are supposed to have four days of snow starting tomorrow so today was it to get errands run. To the bank to pay off my car 😁, way across town to donate some things to a free store and then a long wait at the DMV to car the car lien removed from my vehicle registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.