What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope it's not! Could it be from some of the other stuff that's been going on?
Everybody is sick over at mom's house. I guess her roommate's grandson gave us whatever this is. I don't know if it's covid or not. I was over there twice when the grandson was there. My nose will not stop running, now it's all red and sore from blowing it. I took some vitamins and one herb. Hopefully it will pass soon. I don't have time to be sick!

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Seen my son in the hospital,doctor says he is doing well.He even said the nurses have treated him great too.I met a 7 year old girl recently diagnosed with pituritary dwarfism,she is glad I am in her life now.Hers was from cancer treatments she went through at 6 months old.Will be there for her and her parents are glad she has someone to talk to that has the some condition

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry, I didn’t realize you were talking about single cup machines. No disposables that I know of for those. But when I used to use reusable cups for my Keurig, I had a dozen or so. If you let the grounds sit and dry in them for a day or two to dry out you can dump them right out and give them a quick rinse. So I had a container to set them in and I would wash them out in batches. Still a nuisance but easier than trying to empty when they are wet.
I found some that people were saying work in their single cup ones. I just need to spend a little more time to see if they will work for me too.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I found some that people were saying work in their single cup ones. I just need to spend a little more time to see if they will work for me too.
If you have a Keurig there are two kinds of pod mechanisms. The newest machines, which I unfortunately have now, pokes multiple holes in the top of the pod. The older machines, like the one I used to have, pokes only a single hole. You can buy reusable pods for both though. I have heard though that the reusable pods for the newer machines don’t work quite as well.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you have a Keurig there are two kinds of pod mechanisms. The newest machines, which I unfortunately have now, pokes multiple holes in the top of the pod. The older machines, like the one I used to have, pokes only a single hole. You can buy reusable pods for both though. I have heard though that the reusable pods for the newer machines don’t work quite as well.
Oh boy. It's not a keurig brand. Just a Hamilton Beach FlexBrew. We're just happy we can remove the needle part from this one to clean it!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy. It's not a keurig brand. Just a Hamilton Beach FlexBrew. We're just happy we can remove the needle part from this one to clean it!
Yeah, not sure about those. If it is advertised to fit a kcup, probably a reusable one, the one hole kind, would work in it. But it might just be an design if it’s own.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Seen my son in the hospital,doctor says he is doing well.He even said the nurses have treated him great too.I met a 7 year old girl recently diagnosed with pituritary dwarfism,she is glad I am in her life now.Hers was from cancer treatments she went through at 6 months old.Will be there for her and her parents are glad she has someone to talk to that has the some condition
This makes me feel so happy. :hugs: She's lucky to have found you and you seem so dedicated to helping others.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Everybody is sick over at mom's house. I guess her roommate's grandson gave us whatever this is. I don't know if it's covid or not. I was over there twice when the grandson was there. My nose will not stop running, now it's all red and sore from blowing it. I took some vitamins and one herb. Hopefully it will pass soon. I don't have time to be sick!
If you have peppermint tea, brew it strong, throw a towel over your head and breathe it, then drink it. Add honey if your throat is sore. Get as much rest as you can. I hope you feel better!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone has not learned the concept of "the shortest distance between two points is a straight line ". He will literally take the longest path to get somewhere. This is especially true when he is trying to get to the pillow on my bed that he sleeps on if I am laying in it. He will walk completely around me even if he is sitting at the end of the bed on the same side as his pillow. Or if he jumps up where my head is, instead of just walking over my pillow to get to his, he will walk around my entire body and come up the other side.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone has not learned the concept of "the shortest distance between two points is a straight line ". He will literally take the longest path to get somewhere. This is especially true when he is trying to get to the pillow on my bed that he sleeps on if I am laying in it. He will walk completely around me even if he is sitting at the end of the bed on the same side as his pillow. Or if he jumps up where my head is, instead of just walking over my pillow to get to his, he will walk around my entire body and come up the other side.
He sounds very considerate. Willow does take the shortest route - she just leaps over me and she is not a cat who is light on her feet. Sort of like someone dropping a bowling ball on your bed a couple times a night.

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Getting a call from a friend from Ireland,she is coming to visit in a couple weeks.Met her as an exchange student and I was the first friend she met.Met her during my Junior year of high school in a first hour class we had together.Kept in touch ever since

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought the girls an inexpensive cardboard house a few months ago but they really never had much to do with it
because it was rickety. It did have some nice big scratch pads though so this morning I tossed the house and built a 17x 23 box for one set of the pads. It would be nice if they would use it instead of my carpet.
F734BB93-C50D-4236-94FA-A6D6EF039DFE.jpeg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got Mooch a cute little cardboard gingerbread like house we put by the Christmas tree a few years ago. She didn’t use it much until recently when DS put it on the couch without the scratcher base. He was also covering it with blankets so I’m sure she was liking the extra comfort and toastiness! :rolleyes2:
22610E11-337C-4382-82EB-48233C1DD9D9.jpeg

She’s obviously quite spoiled!!

Status
Not open for further replies.