What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Satisfaction that I've at last found a pair of dark brown jeans in my size - my only previous pair are long gone. 😢 Now I just hope they fit well, since I got them online (there is absolutely NOTHING in the shops at the moment that I'd want).
Update - it's shipped! Now to see how long those plonkers at Australia Post take to deliver it ...

Also thinking I need to put my wrist brace on, because between tooling around on my iPad and knitting, my wrist tendon is aching a bit.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Gypsy was terrified of the vaccuum when she first joined us, and would hide for hours after it was shut down. I'm thinking she may have been tormented with one, vet guess she was 1 or 2 at the time and we don't know anything about her past except she has been in this neighborhood since she was a kitten. I researched quiet ones and decided on View attachment 454937View attachment 454938View attachment 454939View attachment 454940View attachment 454941View attachment 454942View attachment 454943
We had carpets at the time so that's why I got the upright corded one. All three are quiet especially the cordless two. Gypsy stays in the area most of the time and if she does leave she shows up immediately when they quit.
Have a very similar Bissel,way to heavy these days (& noisy)

Love the Shark but out of my price range- found Fabuletta,supposedly 60 decibels,3.3 lbs and decent $$$- gonna order it from Walmart as returns are so easy... my carpeting is going to start meowing very soon,lol

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Satisfaction that I've at last found a pair of dark brown jeans in my size - my only previous pair are long gone. 😢 Now I just hope they fit well, since I got them online (there is absolutely NOTHING in the shops at the moment that I'd want).
Update - it's shipped! Now to see how long those plonkers at Australia Post take to deliver it ...

Also thinking I need to put my wrist brace on, because between tooling around on my iPad and knitting, my wrist tendon is aching a bit.
It must be something in the air. I woke up this morning and my left wrist is acting stupid again, so I put the brace on. When I went to the store, the cashier I had had one on too and she normally doesn't.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise

I sure understand the thrill of finding jeans that fit. I am so darn short, it’s a challenge.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours is pretty loud, so I don't recommend it if you're in the market for a quiet vacuum.
Oh thank you for that -,today I want to order and that put the kibosh on that idea! I'll get that quiet stick one,at least at 3 lbs and supposedly Quiet I won't mind grabbing it everyday

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I never understood the fuss one of my friends makes every summer over these Cotton Candy variety grapes. DS and I just ran out to a local place that has things like bulk dry goods, discount groceries, a deli and fresh (usually local) produce. They had them and I wanted some fruit so I got them. DD and I were shocked…they do taste like cotton candy! :noway:

I love that store. The discount groceries you have to watch the date on; but its good for snacks! Or what you’ll eat quicklyThe subs they make are good and I always go there for Italian sausage when i make sauce. They carry Amish baked goods. Those bulk dry goods and dried fruit can get me in trouble. But I just got a nice size container of dry chopped onion for $1.14 and minced for $2.35. Ground sage was $.99 and ground rosemary was $1.20. 🤩 I’ve gotten other spices there and they’ve been good and fresh. I just don’t want large quantities of ones I don’t use much. Like they had black pepper in one of these large containers too….that would last me 50 years!!:lol: I like black pepper but you just don’t need it by the tablespoon!:lol: I can’t figure out how to describe thequantity so heres a picture. 0.275lb of dried oregano just doesn’t make visual sense to me.
image.jpg

They had local corn and tomatoes too. I’m looking forward to dinner tonight!:yummy:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sure understand the thrill of finding jeans that fit. I am so darn short, it’s a challenge.
I feel for you… I’m 5’5” and have had to get the short jeans or have bff hem jeans for me. That’s supposed to be the average height for women in the US; so how are shorter than average women supposed to wear them? With platform shoes?! I have a friend who is tiny and she used to visit a specialty store in another state that custom tailors jeans in store when you buy them. I’ve hemmed pants for myself; but jeans are intimidating!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel for you… I’m 5’5” and have had to get the short jeans or have bff hem jeans for me. That’s supposed to be the average height for women in the US; so how are shorter than average women supposed to wear them? With platform shoes?! I have a friend who is tiny and she used to visit a specialty store in another state that custom tailors jeans in store when you buy them. I’ve hemmed pants for myself; but jeans are intimidating!
Yeah, it’s tough. The inseam on a petite pair of pants is about 29 inches, mine is 26, so no way to cut that much off and have them look right. Plus, I also hate, hate hemming jeans as well. Some manufacturers, but not many make the “Petite short” with a 26.5 inseam so my choices are very limited.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It must be something in the air. I woke up this morning and my left wrist is acting stupid again, so I put the brace on. When I went to the store, the cashier I had had one on too and she normally doesn't.
Cripes!

What sort of brace do you use? Mine's just a sort of nylon fingerless mitten with a thick strap that fastens with velcro, but it's surprisingly effective.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cripes!

What sort of brace do you use? Mine's just a sort of nylon fingerless mitten with a thick strap that fastens with velcro, but it's surprisingly effective.
I have one just like that, as well as a magnetic band that I sometimes wear under it if it's really bad. It's definitely still not "right", only really bothers me if I try to wring out a dish rag or twist it wrong, but I can still lift heavy things with it.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I found a monarch butterfly that wouldn't fly today. I placed him in a patch of milkweed and kept checking and he didn't fly away, only climbed a short bit. His one wing looks a little banged up but nothing seems to be "missing" from it, but I did find a small tear.
1689897348784.png

He's currently in a makeshift bug cage with sugar water, grasses, milkweed leaves/buds, a few random flower parts, and a few apple slices (he really went to town on those :lol: ). I don't really know what else to do for him, I know they can do wing transplants but I have no idea how to do that, nor a donor wing. There was a big storm moving in and I couldn't just leave him out there to be pounded away by rain and blown around by the wind. Is there any chance a slight tear in a wing can heal itself if given time and rest?

Also...Livie was half afraid of him!
1689897624077.png

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one just like that, as well as a magnetic band that I sometimes wear under it if it's really bad. It's definitely still not "right", only really bothers me if I try to wring out a dish rag or twist it wrong, but I can still lift heavy things with it.
I had one of those magnetic band types, didn't find it as helpful though - it wasn't really wide enough.
I was all braced up last night, had the right wrist and right ankle bound! At least I didn't need the knee tube thingies for a change. 😄

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Aloe also toxic. Didn't even open them after reading the labels. Hopefully can return to Amazon. Any suggestions for replacements?
That's the thing with aIoe, it both is and is not toxic to cats. The pure geI is not, but the white inner Iining of the leaf is, because it contains Iatex. And I don't trust commerciaI fiItering processes. Best to avoid it entireIy.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had one of those magnetic band types, didn't find it as helpful though - it wasn't really wide enough.
I was all braced up last night, had the right wrist and right ankle bound! At least I didn't need the knee tube thingies for a change. 😄
I use the magnetic ones at work, because the hair doesn't tend to stick to them as bad, and the brace I keep "as hair free as possible"!
It's weird because it's my outer tendon and that hasn't given me problems in years. Work this week was a little crazier than normal so I'm assuming that's what did it. I really don't want to lose my grip strength anymore than I already have. I tried to open a bottle of gelcaps earlier and had to use a jar opener to pry the lid off. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.