What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The butterfly kind of flew today. He won't take off on his own, but if I pick him up and hold him in my hand, he'll take off and seems to navigate just fine but doesn't have the greatest ability to steer himself. I'm hoping within another few days he can be released. I am purposely NOT naming him for a reason!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why is it I can’t toss brass doorknobs, though I’ll never use them? Mysterious and ancient hinges? And what, precisely, am I to do w/ a huge box of screws of all stripes and sizes? This, and other things go through my mind as I attempt to organize the toolshed.
you can use the spare parts etc. to make a kitty (junk) toy box :lol:i know i have several drawers full of old toys for graycie

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Brilliant! :catrub:
Zorro’s kind of reached the “What, are you kidding me?” toy phase, but maybe if I borrowed some of Gamemisconduct’s crickets for the box I’d get a reaction! :lol: Glad everyone thinks I should keep all this hardware. Might just do the old fashioned nail the jelly jar lid to the shelf idea.:think: I’ll see what the hardware store has for screw containers.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zorro’s kind of reached the “What, are you kidding me?” toy phase, but maybe if I borrowed some of Gamemisconduct’s crickets for the box I’d get a reaction! :lol: Glad everyone thinks I should keep all this hardware. Might just do the old fashioned nail the jelly jar lid to the shelf idea.:think: I’ll see what the hardware store has for screw containers.
dont forget you gotta allow zorro to eat the cricket :lol: before it dies in the jar. :biggrin: if i had 2 working hands still i would be using a fishing pole to cast home made lures for graycie to chase around did it with my moms cat he loved it:lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why is it I can’t toss brass doorknobs, though I’ll never use them? Mysterious and ancient hinges? And what, precisely, am I to do w/ a huge box of screws of all stripes and sizes? This, and other things go through my mind as I attempt to organize the toolshed.
My husband just proudly made use of some screws he had from a house we haven’t lived in in 14 years. :lol: His little look of triumph was precious.:lol: Just don’t tell him I said that here.;)
And the day after you toss them, you realize you really need a few of them for the first time in 10 years. 😩
My dad just described hunting for some kind of “perfect” screw he can’t find anywhere but once found a box of in my grandpa’s workshop and can no longer find anywhere at his house or my grandparents. I didn’t say this (but I thought it); they were probably antique when he first found them so no wonder stores don’t have them anymore. :rolleyes2:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
FIrst, I named her "Hekitty," and generaIIy caII her "Hek." I'm beginning to think I shoud have named her "HeIena." Just for the nickname. How it has taken me FIFTEEN YEARS to reaIize this is beyond me.

Second, I hate to compIain about the heat, but two hobbits just tossed a ring through my front door.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All my bookshelves are coming back together… The school ones are “eh.” I really should have taken pictures of where I had everything. :rolleyes2:

DH and DS refilled the foyer shelves… we had packed things in order. They did not go back up in order. I am saying NOTHING. But my eye might be twitching a bit when I think about finding things. At least it looks good.
F7AD7F36-DC19-472F-861C-8DB2D240EDBB.jpeg

Right now I just need to get things in place so I can function again. Someday I’ll reorganize or something. At least the wall of boxes in the garage is gone!

I asked DH what we are doing with all the boxes… He said putting them in the attic so we can move next year.:dizzy::runaround::help:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
All my bookshelves are coming back together… The school ones are “eh.” I really should have taken pictures of where I had everything. :rolleyes2:

DH and DS refilled the foyer shelves… we had packed things in order. They did not go back up in order. I am saying NOTHING. But my eye might be twitching a bit when I think about finding things. At least it looks good.
View attachment 455190

Right now I just need to get things in place so I can function again. Someday I’ll reorganize or something. At least the wall of boxes in the garage is gone!

I asked DH what we are doing with all the boxes… He said putting them in the attic so we can move next year.:dizzy::runaround::help:
Oh, this bookshelf looks so inviting!!!
Also, tell DH that he's VERY funny! :lol:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 455190

Very nice except I don't have enough books to fill it!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve sort of got a library feel going in the foyer. I just brought home a bench from my grandmothers too. I’m trying to decide if it needs refinishing. Maybe a cushion. But it’s going in there for sure. :cloud9:
Oh, this bookshelf looks so inviting!!!
Also, tell DH that he's VERY funny! :lol:
I’m going to tell him he has to do all the packing and unpacking! I distracted him by telling him how many years we have till our first is grown so we may not really need more space. I think he was shocked. I mean he shouldn’t be since I was just telling him about using all my brain space the other day ensuring I’ve got a handle on DD’s subjects so she’s prepped for college if she chooses to attend. Like its getting real dude! :bawling2::lol:

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
I have a really nice vet. I’m just gonna say it: she really CARES. Here’s to veterinarians! They work hard. Or some, anyway…I can tell from the sound of her voice & to the point e-mails she puts in a hard, sleepless shift. I hope she gets some kip tonight.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 455190

Looks beautiful,the floors and molding too-really nice.... I love a library & completely understand the " twitch"- disorder of my books make me crazy- insane crazy!

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
I am getting the testing done to stop seizures! My cousin with grondmaul seizures had one first day and was sent home. He will have an explanation put in. Mine are not nearly as severe. I won't tell work because if it helps I can work longer hours,yuck!
Trying to catch up on how this went! Hopefully good news. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.