What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
We will be waiting to hear when you're up for it. Maybe you can get a little tasty treat afterwards when you're up for it. :hugs: Although every time I've been in the hospital here I've found they had the best apple juice around (:dunno:) so maybe they can start you off with a good one too.
Yup, the best Apple and Cranberry juice, along with the best graham crackers, around!!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are there any other pentaholics (Pentatonix fans) on TCS? For a whole slew of reasons I only discovered Pentatonix about a month and a half ago, and I've been listening to them obsessively ever since.

When they came out with "Prayers for This World" a few weeks ago it came with an announcement: "Coming to a city near you this winter," and I immediately went online and found out that they'll be in Denver on November 20th, so I bought 2 tickets (one for a friend). We're in the nosebleed seats, but we still intend to have a blast.

Margret

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Today I told myself enough is enough and worked upstairs a bit. It really sucked at first. I put on one of my favorite podcasts that always gets me laughing, and I moved some furniture around. I swept. Washed curtains and bedding and rugs. Dusted some stuff. I have had two pictures of Tag and my older dog who passed in '16, along with my GSD who passed in '13, and my "Dad" (not bio) who passed last year, as well as some sentimental keepsakes, on my fireplace mantle in my room and I *almost* put them away, but decided against it. It's much more pleasant feeling up there now. There was an incident where I almost broke my 25 year old desk trying to move it, but the desk survived and so did my foot (kind of). :p
I took Livie into the training area for the first time in over a month and sent her over some agility obstacles. She had the biggest, silliest grin on her face even though we didn't do any actual training. She misses it. Lila joined in and hid in a tunnel, wiggled her butt, dilated her eyes, and would jump out at Livie as she ran by. So cute!!
Tag loved it up there. He was almost stubborn about wanting to be up there all the time, and until he got so sick I didn't want to risk him doing the stairs on his own, I let him. I don't want the upstairs to get dusty and stuffy, so I'm happy with the progress I made today.
Then I cut the grass. Then I was all proud of myself for accomplishing stuff. Then I opened the downstairs closet and looked upwards at the top of the Junk Mountain Pile. Wiped the smile right off my face. It's all....stuff. Most of it appears to be old electronics that need tested (I think I saw a VCR back there....), blankets, old clothes, and dog stuffed toys. Now you all watch. I'll put cleaning that thing out off until January, dreading it every step of the way, and finally do it, and it'll take me 90 minutes and I'll wonder what I was so worried about! :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I told myself enough is enough and worked upstairs a bit. It really sucked at first. I put on one of my favorite podcasts that always gets me laughing, and I moved some furniture around. I swept. Washed curtains and bedding and rugs. Dusted some stuff. I have had two pictures of Tag and my older dog who passed in '16, along with my GSD who passed in '13, and my "Dad" (not bio) who passed last year, as well as some sentimental keepsakes, on my fireplace mantle in my room and I *almost* put them away, but decided against it. It's much more pleasant feeling up there now. There was an incident where I almost broke my 25 year old desk trying to move it, but the desk survived and so did my foot (kind of). :p
I took Livie into the training area for the first time in over a month and sent her over some agility obstacles. She had the biggest, silliest grin on her face even though we didn't do any actual training. She misses it. Lila joined in and hid in a tunnel, wiggled her butt, dilated her eyes, and would jump out at Livie as she ran by. So cute!!
Tag loved it up there. He was almost stubborn about wanting to be up there all the time, and until he got so sick I didn't want to risk him doing the stairs on his own, I let him. I don't want the upstairs to get dusty and stuffy, so I'm happy with the progress I made today.
Then I cut the grass. Then I was all proud of myself for accomplishing stuff. Then I opened the downstairs closet and looked upwards at the top of the Junk Mountain Pile. Wiped the smile right off my face. It's all....stuff. Most of it appears to be old electronics that need tested (I think I saw a VCR back there....), blankets, old clothes, and dog stuffed toys. Now you all watch. I'll put cleaning that thing out off until January, dreading it every step of the way, and finally do it, and it'll take me 90 minutes and I'll wonder what I was so worried about! :lol:
It does feel good to tackle stuff, maybe not while doing it, but definitely getting it done.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
First I was mad,now I'm laughing. At my apartment we now have to use an app to get in the gate. The screen to punch in numbers crashed and rocks were being thrown in the pool. Now it's fixed but I have to download a different app to get in the front gate. App for the back gate is not the same.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It does feel good to tackle stuff, maybe not while doing it, but definitely getting it done.
Very much so. I'm happy with the way things look up there. I just hate any time a pet passes, cleaning their things up and putting them away. It feels like I'm just "getting rid of them", which is why I chose to leave the photos for now...

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The warm weather of fall is quickly Slipping away. Tomorrow the high's only reaching the mid 50's. For the next 10 days or so the lows will be either in the 30's or high 20's. Should I continue bringing in my annual plants at night for the next 10 days, so to enjoy their multi colors? Or let them freeze? Holding onto colors from the summer brightens my day. Eventually I know I must given in to the enevable.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The warm weather of fall is quickly Slipping away. Tomorrow the high's only reaching the mid 50's. For the next 10 days or so the lows will be either in the 30's or high 20's. Should I continue bringing in my annual plants at night for the next 10 days, so to enjoy their multi colors? Or let them freeze? Holding onto colors from the summer brightens my day. Eventually I know I must given in to the enevable.
Same here in Minnesota. One last day of Raspberry picking and it will be time to cut them down. Some times I can pick through mid November. Bring those annuals in as long as you can and enjoy them.

Last edited:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welp. We’ve just been advised of likely heavy rain coming for the next 48 hours over most of the state. The advice here at my village is stay home and put towels across the sliding courtyard doors, in case the tracks fill up and the carpet gets wet. Glad I got my groceries today!
Worse, I’ve now found there are flood warnings across the state! Fingers crossed it doesn’t hit this part of the town. Didn’t affect us when the local river flooded last year.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heard the gf holding a conversation early this morning i assumed she was talking in her sleep when i asked this morning she said it was graycie she was talking to as she did her normal scent marking gf's pillow with face rubbingbefore settling to sleep by her head:lol: gf lost the battle and doesnt realize it yet gave the head scratches and dozed off again together with graycie above her head.i will have to inform her tonight when we sleep:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.