What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
wondering how long i will have to freeze wearing that flimsy hospital gown on tuesday for my biopsy
Ask for a nice warm blankie. They have them.. ask for a couple... You are entitled to them.. I did... and I got such good care, with pre-op and recovery... of course, not like what you are going through, but the OR can do that..
If In Radiology.. ask/demand for extra blankets and pillows... I understand medical stuff.... from my careers..

I am wishing you the Best... Please let us know as soon as you can, as to how things went/are going... Tell GF to update us, if you cannot...

We Love YOU..
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
iPappy iPappy It iss o hard to deal with the aftermath.. It is PTSD.. it really is. It is awful... But, it will happen. You will, be able to go upstairs and have happy memories..

If you take some time, and think about donating some of Tag's things to shelters.. not your own kennel, because that would be too close to your heart.. but think of a poor dog who will benefit from Tag's things.. then You will be honoring Tag, but doing so. He will be kept alive, and helping someone.

It is so hard.
Yes, Artie had my dad's bedroom as his own room. It contained all his things.. and some left overs from my dad. I was terrible about cleaning out all my dads stuff.
As for Artie.. I left it for a bit.. then, it hurt too much. I had to... I donated a ton of stuff.. most of it.. Gave some away to a neighbor.

I remember when my dad died. He had a hospital bed. It was his. He did not use it often, but it was his. He slept in his lift chair; but I would go in and lie down on the hospital bed, occasionally. A good friend asked if they could give it to a friend of theirs, who really needed one. I originally said NO, but then I felt selfish.. and gave it to them. The room seemed so empty.. so devoid of life. It was reality setting in.. It hit me hard.

Well, I heard, that the person, I gave it to, passed away 6 months later.. and the bed was donated to the Vietnam Vets...
In the end, good things came from it....

Just go at your own speed. One day, you will feel strong enough to go upstairs, and another day, you will feel as if it is time to deal with the stuff... ((HUGS)))
Thank you :hugs: I've been through this so many times before but this time it's really hit me pretty hard...

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My traveling vet was here 2 days ago and she quietly mentioned: “Do you realize we’ve been seeing each other for over a year now?” It allowed me to cry, after she left, tears of joy and relief since the previous vet had told me Zorro wouldn’t last 3 days.
This is wonderful. I am so happy you found this vet and Zorro is still here with you!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been trying to encourage Willow to sleep/hide someplace other than the linen closet so I spent a couple hours yesterday creating a three level hideout in the basement, with a nice window perch on top and and couple sleeping caves below. Lola went down to check it all out within fifteen minutes of me finishing it. I knew Willow would be more cautious because that’s just her personality so I left a trail of treats from the steps all the way to the top. More than 24 hours and she still refuses to go near it. Sigh.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sparkle is at the vet for her dental right now and I'm nervous. I cut off her food at 8 last night like I was supposed to, but when I went to give her her second dose of gabapentin at 5 this morning she was not clawing at the walls begging for food. Hopefully she didn't get into Lelia's feeder or eat anything J might have dropped especially as they reminded me this morning how important an empty stomach is.

game misconduct game misconduct good luck today!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We will be waiting to hear when you're up for it. Maybe you can get a little tasty treat afterwards when you're up for it. :hugs: Although every time I've been in the hospital here I've found they had the best apple juice around (:dunno:) so maybe they can start you off with a good one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.