What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking a break from cleaning out the fridge to sit a minute and watch a woodpecker at the peanut feeder. This feeder usually sits on a pole farther back in the yard but I just put up another one closer to the house for the winter months. Now it’s easier for me to see it and I am really enjoying getting a closer view of all the birds that visit.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
things are getting back to normal in my head. now after a few days to process my negative cancer results i didnt realize how much it was dragging me down having to wake up each morning for months wondering if i had lung cancer or not:hugs: thanks for all the support you guys gave to me
Can only imagine! Must be a huge weight off of you! Congrats!!!

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Treated my boy to a surprise box, as have seen a lot of them on this site. Results:

Bag o furry mice: snubbed.
Catnip fox: snubbed.
New bag of cat grass seeds: stay tuned, but my guess? Snub!
Da Bird: Snub!

….sitting in the late evening sun together and having a conversation? BIG TIME PURR. (With belly rolls!).
I guess, some things, you just can’t order online.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Now to decide on seasoning!
Just remember...whatever you put on the OUTSIDE of the bird will not get INSIDE the bird. What I like to do, as mess as it is, is to decide on the seasonings, mix them well in softened butter, take my fingers and loosen the skin around the front body cavity well, and the pack the butter UNDER the skin, so that the meat is seasoned, as well.

t:hugs: thanks for all the support you guys gave to me
Well, yeah, you are family, after all! This community cares about its own! You should have seen the outpouring of love and care after my stroke...wow...almost two years ago now!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just remember...whatever you put on the OUTSIDE of the bird will not get INSIDE the bird. What I like to do, as mess as it is, is to decide on the seasonings, mix them well in softened butter, take my fingers and loosen the skin around the front body cavity well, and the pack the butter UNDER the skin, so that the meat is seasoned, as well.
That sounds good!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Treated my boy to a surprise box, as have seen a lot of them on this site. Results:

Bag o furry mice: snubbed.
Catnip fox: snubbed.
New bag of cat grass seeds: stay tuned, but my guess? Snub!
Da Bird: Snub!

….sitting in the late evening sun together and having a conversation? BIG TIME PURR. (With belly rolls!).
I guess, some things, you just can’t order online.
Even our older cat who isn't into playing goes crazy for cat grass, so hopefully that'll turn into a win.

---

Super sad today. My husband's had covid and been quarantining for the past six days, and after stark negatives since Saturday, I popped up with a strong positive today. I was supposed to have my anatomy scan today.

J's probably going to be watching tv all day because it's too cold to go out. I should have done better at cleaning everything, but I've been barely functioning this week. And now Thanksgiving is probably ruined, too.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, yeah, you are family, after all! This community cares about its own! You should have seen the outpouring of love and care after my stroke...wow...almost two years ago now!
Yes, I also pulled up the skin on turkey or chicken and massaged slightly softened butter, with some dried herbs, under the skin. It really made a ton of improvement in flavor.. I need to remember to do that now, even with a half of a bone in chicken breast or 1/2...

Yes, game misconduct game misconduct YOU are part of our family. ... ((Hugs))

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Even our older cat who isn't into playing goes crazy for cat grass, so hopefully that'll turn into a win.

---

Super sad today. My husband's had covid and been quarantining for the past six days, and after stark negatives since Saturday, I popped up with a strong positive today. I was supposed to have my anatomy scan today.

J's probably going to be watching tv all day because it's too cold to go out. I should have done better at cleaning everything, but I've been barely functioning this week. And now Thanksgiving is probably ruined, too.
Oh NOooooooooo... I am so sorry. But you both have been vaccinated and boosted..
Praying for J.... and for T-day.. I am sure family will bring over food, to be reheated. They can put in disposable containers, and leave out on front stairs, or porch...

Be careful... call you doctor/midwife.. drink plenty of fluids.. You can dehydrate very easily.. and force fluids on J.... ((((((HUGS)))))) :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
give me a plate of that turkey dinner your cooking :lol: :lol:
HA HA... The 'turkey' dinner I am planning is an" Italian" turkey. Garlic crusted medallions of Pork tenderloin with a mushroom gravy sauce... Some Pumpkin Risotto...
Having shrimp cocktail for appetizer... and ice cream for dessert--got rum raisin and chocolate!! Pig out time!

Status
Not open for further replies.