What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tell me about your lovely creamy potatoes. :-( that's another thing I love. Potatoes.
I boil them, mash them, add salt and pepper, lots of butter and thickened cream.

Tonight we are having lamb cutlets. Yum yum yum. Everyone's favourite here but they are expensive so we only have them as a treat.

kaitlyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hot sausage sandwiches.....they're in the crock pot now. I have to stop at the store for rolls.
I suddenly have a craving for hot sausage sandwiches now. 
 And Tammat, the potatoes sound delicious.

Tonight we had some corn bread and tortilla soup.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I boil them, mash them, add salt and pepper, lots of butter and thickened cream.
Tonight we are having lamb cutlets. Yum yum yum. Everyone's favourite here but they are expensive so we only have them as a treat.
You didn't whip them? Meat is very expensive which is why we eat chicken. Enjoy your lamb chops. With mint sauce?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I dearly love potatoes. Potato salad, mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, scalloped potatoes (with cheese!), baked potatoes, potatoes in casseroles, I just love potatoes. Ever try horseradish mashed potatoes? So yummy!

There is one leftover sausage with a bit of onions and peppers in the fridge. Dear Richard has already laid claim to that, so I'm on my own. We have a container of a few meatballs in some sauce in the freezer, so I'm thinking about that as my dinner. Maybe a meatball sub or something. It's Friday and we don't do much on Friday; it's usually whatever's in the fridge at the time. Or whatever I can forage from the freezer.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you make your beef stew and what's pull apart bread?
I made it in the crock pot a few weeks ago. It was beef stock, potatoes, stewing beef, turnip, carrots and onion. Let it cook all day and then thickened it up a bit at the end with gravy thickener. We ate it that day and then put the leftovers in the freezer for another dinner. My mother in law makes a similar stew, but she adds breakfast sausages to it. I don't like them in it.

Pull apart bread is a bread that you pull apart into pieces to eat. I bought a store made one that you just put in the oven for 24 minutes. It's crunchy on the outside and hot and really soft on the inside. This is the one I bought https://www.mmmeatshops.com/en/products/product.asp?productID=602&catID=2

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made it in the crock pot a few weeks

ago. It was beef stock, potatoes, stewing beef, turnip, carrots and onion. Let it cook all day and then thickened it up a bit at the end with gravy thickener. We ate it that day and then put the leftovers
in the freezer for another dinner. My mother in law makes a similar stew, but she adds breakfast sausages to it. I don't like them in it
Pull apart bread is a bread that you pull apart into pieces to eat. I bought a store made one that you just put in the oven for 24 minutes. It's crunchy on the
outside and hot and really soft on the inside. This is the one I bought https://www.mmmeatshops.com/en/products/product.asp?productID=602&catID=2[/
URL]

Thank you. The bread looks lovely except I'm not mad about rosemary. I have no idea what breakfast sausages are. To me s sausage is a sausage is a sausage.
How are you feeling? My son told me today my DiL is feeling pressure. She's 7 months pregnant big and swollen. This will be her 4th but she's over 40 and works hard and on her feet a lot.
You are so nice about explaining things to me. Really thank you.
Does your princess know she's getting a sibling and where h is?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dinner tonight is going to be something with chicken. I have to decide how to cook it.

karrecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I dearly love potatoes. Potato salad, mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, scalloped potatoes (with cheese!), baked potatoes, potatoes in casseroles, I just love potatoes. Ever try horseradish mashed potatoes? So yummy!
I especially love baked potatoes and horseradish mashed potatoes that DH makes. Potatoes are so multi-purpose. 

We had "bratwurst pizza", bratwurst, ricotta cheese, and onions on a thin pizza crust.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My sister and BIL are having dinner with us tonight. She is craving liver and onions and so am I.  Rick is making his famous (well, famous in our family 
) burgers for the guys.....he may actually get to grill them outside today! Cold, but no snow. I am doing garlic roasted potatoes and throwing together some coleslaw. Dessert is my mom's hot sponge cake. I have a few bottles of Smirnoff Ice in the fridge, too.

A little back story on the liver and onions thing. For years, my sister and I both requested liver and onions for our birthday dinner. Mom would make it for me in January and then make it again for my sister in May. When she got older, she started making the dinner in March and it was for both of us. She always made fried potatoes as a side and usually a creamed lettuce. And she always made her hot milk sponge cake for dessert.  (Sometimes, if it was a really early spring, she would cream dandelion leaves as our salad. I haven't had dandelion in years.)

The last time that we had liver and onions with Mom, I went up to the house and I made it for the three of us in Mom's kitchen. Well, Mom passed away over a year ago now and when my sister and I want liver and onions, it's up to me to make it. I always make the sponge cake, too,  and always with chocolate frosting. Not a healthy meal by any stretch. But it's a once-a-year meal and we will enjoy dinner tonight.

(My sister and I both hated liver and onions when we were kids and never, ever ate the stuff. I don't know when we developed a taste for liver, but Mom always said that we two sisters started to like it right around the same time.)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. The bread looks lovely except I'm not mad about rosemary. I have no idea what breakfast sausages are. To me s sausage is a sausage is a sausage.
How are you feeling? My son told me today my DiL is feeling pressure. She's 7 months pregnant big and swollen. This will be her 4th but she's over 40 and works hard and on her feet a lot.
You are so nice about explaining things to me. Really thank you.
Does your princess know she's getting a sibling and where h is?
It doesn't really taste like rosemary. Breakfast sausages are small sausages, about the size of a finger. They are usually fried and ate with breakfast. 

I'm feeling ok, just tired mostly. I feel a little sick if I don't eat right away in the morning.  Aimee doesn't understand yet, but I've tried pointing out babies to her and she smiles.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't really taste like rosemary. Breakfast sausages are small sausages, about the size of a finger. They are usually fried and ate with breakfast. 

I'm feeling ok, just tired mostly. I feel a little sick if I don't eat right away in the morning.  Aimee doesn't understand yet, but I've tried pointing out babies to her and she smiles.
Maybe let her feel your tummy when the baby kicks? Are there no books for 18-24 months with pictures? You have everything in America :-)
My daughter was born in 1973 in the middle of a war. My son was 2.9 years. When I went into labour I had to take him to kindergarten and I walked as there were few drivers with men bring away. Every time I had a contraction mu son seemed to realise the pain came from my tummy and every time I stopped he'd brace his little legs and support my tummy. He also used to help me dress in the mornings. And he was so good with the baby outwardly. He started wetting the bed and stammering. I picked him up before I went to bed and spoke to the pediatrician about the stammer. He said to ignore it and not even let him know that something was wrong. I just told him to talk to me in English as my Hebrew wasn't very good. That helped. Both middle aged now with their own kids.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are having sweet and sour chicken tonight. I've got it in the crock pot now. I'm not usually a huge fan of it; but my mom have me a bag of extra groceries that don't fit with her diet plan and that was in it.
Using our leftover roasted chicken we made sandwiches with chicken, baby lettuce, tomatoe.
Yumm
Served with chips and pickles.
Mooch got a recipe for the overnight bake?
Sorry I missed your post before. http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/overnight-egg-sausage-bake/bee50a9d-4769-420f-a425-3f8b3e43bf95

I can recommend some books my dd liked! I'll pm you links later!

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dearly love potatoes. Potato salad, mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, scalloped
potatoes (with cheese!), baked potatoes, potatoes in casseroles, I just love potatoes. Ever try horseradish mashed potatoes? So yummy!

There is one leftover sausage with a bit of onions and peppers in the fridge. Dear Richard has already laid claim to that, so I'm on my own. We have a container of a few meatballs in some sauce in the freezer, so I'm thinking about that as my dinner. Maybe a meatball sub or something. It's Friday and we don't do much on Friday; it's usually whatever's in the fridge at the time. Or whatever I can forage from the freezer.
Meat balls sauce and mashed potatoes.
I know I'm too late but......

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I especially love baked potatoes and horseradish mashed potatoes that DH makes. Potatoes are so multi-purpose. :yummy:

We had "bratwurst pizza", bratwurst, ricotta cheese, and onions on a thin pizza crust.
I mash mustard in.

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We had some coleslaw, BBQ chicken (using our new barbecue, which has so far worked pretty well), and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made lasagna last night with a vegetarian sauce of tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, onions, mushrooms with a ricotta filling and topped with mozzerella. My husband usually asks (where's the beef?) when I go vegetarian for a meal 
but thought it was quite delish (which it was) and so I will be making this again.

Today's dinner : Pork Loin with Sage Scalloped Potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.