What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got 15 bean soup with hot Italian sausage in the crock pot for tonight.  Lunch will be BBQ wings.

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
chicken curry, chicken stir-fry, cabbage rolls and rice. we got our pick today because I was making meals ahead of time to take to school. Now all I need are more recipes lol :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
chicken curry, chicken stir-fry, cabbage rolls and rice. we got our pick today because I was making meals ahead of time to take to school. Now all I need are more recipes lol :)
How do you make your chicken curry?

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How do you make your chicken curry?
Usually I like to use milk(preferably coconut milk) as a base for the spice

I like to add apples, potato, peppers of multiple colors, almond slivers and sultanas/raisins

Obviously I serve it over rice

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made lasagna last night with a vegetarian sauce of tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, onions, mushrooms with a ricotta filling and topped with mozzerella. My husband usually asks (where's the beef?) when I go vegetarian for a meal  :lol3: but thought it was quite delish (which it was) and so I will be making this again.

Today's dinner : Pork Loin with Sage Scalloped Potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts.
Sounds delish. We are about to have beef stew with creamy mashed potatoes. A new recipe but I think it's going to be yum.
All this talk of food makes me hungry!!!

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Matts Mom
I fry a lot of spices, add Thailand green curry then fry the slices of chicken mixing it well with the spices and also add coconut milk. I serve it over rice and frozen corn nuggets with it. It's very tasty with the corn even if not authentic! :-)
I make it quite spicy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oooh, beef stew sounds good and so does that vegetarian lasagna. Yum. I'd love that chicken curry, too.

Not sure about tonight as it all depends on how Rick is feeling. (I do have a slice of liver left over that I could brown quickly for my dinner.)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having quiche and salad tonight. I ate horrible over the weekend so I need to get back to better eating this week.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh, beef stew sounds good and so does that vegetarian lasagna. Yum. I'd love that chicken curry, too.

Not sure about tonight as it all depends on how Rick is feeling. (I do have a slice of liver left over that I could brown
quickly for my dinner.)
I'm told I should freeze and sell my curry!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think we may be having a light soup tonight as Rick is feeling better, but not quite right yet.

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of yummy goodness here in this thread! .... I Looove butter or curry chicken ..

Tonight I am going to do a version of Shepherds Pie or Paté Chinois (en francais). Mashed Potatoes, creamed and niblet corn, lean hamburger with fried onions - all arranged in layers. One of my hubby's favorite dishes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.