What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Spaghetti and garlic bread - but the part that I'm looking forward the most to tonight is the petit gateau made by my house guest! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Spaghetti squash served with tomato/meat sauce and salad.
I would take that in a heartbeat. We had some spaghetti last night, with whole wheat pasta, not squash. I would have liked the squash.

Rick is hungry for pizza. But what he wants is the Thomas' English Muffin pizza: you know, split muffins, with sauce, turkey pepperoni and cheese and baked. That's the kind of pizza he wants. So that's what we're doing for dinner tonight. I got a container of split pea soup out of the freezer, too.

What a combination that is!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone want to guess? It was either or but no avocado
I was too tired last night to write.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Matts Mom
I fry a lot of spices, add Thailand green curry then fry the slices of chicken mixing it well with the spices and also add coconut milk. I serve it over rice and frozen corn nuggets with it. It's very tasty with the corn even if not authentic! :-)
I make it quite spicy.
I really like to use Indian curry paste I in jars but I can't find them anymore so I use the Thai. I have the red as well.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have chicken with artichokes and sherry on my menu list for tonight and I even got the chicken out of the freezer last night. But when Rick saw the chicken in the fridge, he just looked at me. I asked him, well, what did he want for dinner. He doesn't know what he wants, but it's not chicken.

I haven't a clue what to make for dinner. Seriously considering Karen's craving in the Craving thread and doing omelets.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have chicken with artichokes and sherry on my menu list for tonight and I even got the chicken out of the freezer last night. But when Rick saw the chicken in the fridge, he just looked at me. I asked him, well, what did he want for dinner. He doesn't know what he wants, but it's not chicken.

I haven't a clue what to make for dinner. Seriously considering Karen's craving in the Craving thread and doing omelets.
That's not a bad idea! :lol3: If I didn't already have the filling for lettuce wraps thawed for tonight, I would probably do that myself. :lol3:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We will be having pasta with 2 sauces. A meat sauce and an Alfredo sauce with tons of butter, mushrooms, cream and hard cheese courtesy of my daughter. Who's the healthy eater now then.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

We didn't have the omelets I was thinking about yesterday; we ran down to the mall and so we each had one slice of hoagie pizza and shared a small Pepsi for dinner.

Tonight will be the omelets. With a slice of grilled ham. And a toasted English muffin An easy Friday night supper.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am trying to have a surprise supper for my husband to celebrate his birthday. A couple of friends are supposed to come over this evening. So even though company is coming, I have to plan supper like it is an ordinary meal. I have a pot of beef stew cooking. That will be served with a green vegetable, probably green beans or salad. and a loaf of buttered bread. I made a pound cake last night and served him some with ice cream for his late night snack. I am thawing some strawberries to serve with it tonight. I have only been able to pull off a surprise one time for him and that was when he retired from his job. He really doesn't like surprises but these friends sort of pushed me. They are a younger couple and they love my husband like he is their daddy. So I am trying to go along. :lol3:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am trying to have a surprise supper for my husband to celebrate his birthday. A couple of
friends are supposed to come over this evening. So even though company is coming, I have to plan supper like it is an ordinary meal. I have a pot of beef stew cooking. That will be served with a green vegetable, probably green beans or salad. and a loaf of buttered bread. I made a pound cake last night and served him some with ice cream for his late night snack. I am thawing some strawberries to serve with it tonight. I have only been able to pull off a surprise one time for him and that was when he retired from his job. He really doesn't like surprises but these friends sort of pushed me. They are a younger couple and they love my husband like he is their daddy. So I am trying to go along. :lol3:
I hope he really had a nice time.
I had a surprise party once and it really was a surprise.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaghetti and Alfredo made by my daughter my DiL and me. My recipe. Yum. Instead of parmesan I used pecorino. So more tasty.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am trying to have a surprise supper for my husband to celebrate his birthday. A couple of friends are supposed to come over this evening. So even though company is coming, I have to plan supper like it is an ordinary meal. I have a pot of beef stew cooking. That will be served with a green vegetable, probably green beans or salad. and a loaf of buttered bread. I made a pound cake last night and served him some with ice cream for his late night snack. I am thawing some strawberries to serve with it tonight. I have only been able to pull off a surprise one time for him and that was when he retired from his job. He really doesn't like surprises but these friends sort of pushed me. They are a younger couple and they love my husband like he is their daddy. So I am trying to go along.
That's so nice of you to do that for him! Sounds like a great dinner, too. Happy Birthday to your DH.
Oh I made the marble cake but haven't tasted it yet.
Love marble cake and I haven't made one in ages. 

Status
Not open for further replies.