What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I had planned went out the window when it turned out my husband's piaggio repairs weren't finished today (he rode it to the shop and was working while waiting - had his laptop with him), and he needed to be picked up. It was late and I no longer am comfortable doing night driving so ugh...!

We went out to eat after I picked him up (he drove from that point on, lol) to his favorite Mexican restaurant.  I had a salad with some shredded cheese, mixed greens, 2 cherry tomatoes, roasted veggies (two colors of bell pepper, broccoli and mushrooms, some onions) and grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast.  1sopapilla with 2 spoons of whipped cream.  Lovely meal.  decaf Americano coffee on the way home with half and half.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had salad, red ski need mashed potatoes and oven bbq whole chicken legs
Thanks for the compliments on my son.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Adorable!

Tonight is littlenecks in a Thai curry coconut sauce.
What's little necks?
A type of clam

We had salad, red ski need mashed potatoes and oven bbq whole chicken legs
Thanks for the compliments on my son.
Don't you love auto-correct? :lol3::lol3::lol3:

I took some homemade vegetable soup out of the freezer as well as some turkey that was leftover from Thanksgiving.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I were just texting. He said that since we have so many errands to do tonight, we'd go out for Chinese. Works for me. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I had planned went out the window when it turned out my husband's piaggio repairs weren't finished today (he rode it to the shop and was working while waiting - had his laptop with him), and he needed to be picked up. It was late and I no longer am comfortable doing night driving so ugh...!

We went out to eat after I picked him up (he drove from that point on, lol) to his favorite Mexican restaurant.  I had a salad with some shredded cheese, mixed greens, 2 cherry tomatoes, roasted veggies (two colors of bell pepper, broccoli and mushrooms, some onions) and grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast.  1sopapilla with 2 spoons of whipped cream.  Lovely meal.  decaf Americano coffee on the way home with half and half.
I love going out to eat. Yum

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really should proof read my posts lol
My proof read on my phone - which is what I use - doesn't always work but when it does it's a blessing. My spelling which used to be good had flown out of the window.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A type of clam

I took some homemade vegetable soup out of the freezer as well as some turkey that was leftover from Thanksgiving.
A type of clam

Thank you AbbysMom.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know. The whole family will be here tonight - ih joy!
8 adults and 6 children and my head is bursting!!!!
My darling daughter will be cooking. I love my daughter.
:crackup:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know. The whole family will be here tonight - ih joy!
8 adults and 6 children and my head is bursting!!!!
My darling daughter will be cooking. I love my daughter.
:crackup:
How did the lol get there. Stupid phone. I really do love her even if she wasn't doing the cooking.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Home made pizza tonight......threw the dough balls together last night and put two in the fridge for later. Kept two out for us tonight. I threw together the sauce this morning when I was waiting for the cats to finish their breakfast.

Green pepper, mushroom, onion, turkey pepperoni, with mozz and shredded Parmesan. On both of them.

(To munch on while finishing up Dexter.)

Last edited:

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I discovered a quick and tasty marinade for pork chops and chicken- Ken's Steak House Lite Asian Sesame dressing with ginger. Yesterday, I tossed some thin pork chops in a ziplock with the dressing and a little salt and pepper. Tonight for dinner, I sautéed them, then dumped the cooked marinade over some white rice. It was super quick, easy and delicious!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That does sound good, happybird. 

Tonight's menu is garlic-Parmesan chicken (boneless, skinless breasts) with roasted cauliflower and carrots. And we are having dessert tonight. Old-fashioned bread pudding, as requested by dear Richard.

The bread pudding that I make has a custard-type bottom and Rick loves the stuff. It's baked in a water bath and that keeps it creamy. And it has a cinnamon-sugar coating for the bread cubes.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That does sound good, happybird. :nod:

Tonight's menu is garlic-Parmesan chicken (boneless, skinless breasts) with roasted cauliflower and carrots. And we are having dessert tonight. Old-fashioned bread pudding, as requested by dear Richard.

The bread pudding that I make has a custard-type bottom and Rick loves the stuff. It's baked in a water bath and that keeps it creamy. And it has a cinnamon-sugar coating for the bread cubes.
Do you mean steamed? No hot funny custard over it as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.