feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You mentioned you like Cheez-its. Have you tried tabasco cheeze-its? They're like cats, you can't have just one. My favorite salty snack.
Another Cheez-It fanatic. I will not like the tabasco Cheez-its (no spice for me!). Boy, they certainly are coming out with many new flavors. :lol3: I still love the original and when they came out with the "BIG" size cracker, I was in cheese heaven. :drool: I can't buy them too often because I can't stop eating them when I have them in the house. :lol3:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dinner tonight. Larry is in NY so no cooking for me! I had a can of vegetable soup with oyster crackers. OR should I say, I had Oyster crackers with some soup. :lol3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We went for groceries last night....I looked for Tabasco Cheez-its, but didn't see them. Will keep looking!

Lauren, do I see a Cheez-its supper in your immediate future???

Dinner tonight is Roast Chicken Breasts with Red Potatoes, Carrots, and Parsnips.......minus the parsnips. Either that or Tex-Mex Chicken and Brown Rice. Haven't decided which one yet.

Both recipes are from America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We went for groceries last night....I looked for Tabasco Cheez-its, but didn't see them. Will keep looking!

Lauren, do I see a Cheez-its supper in your immediate future???
This is what you look for!!! Not sure I will try these but you never know. :fireblob: :lol3:

Actually, YES, I think tonight will be a Cheez-it night with a diet pop. And since that does not seem healthy enough and I need to add something from the food pyramid I will mix the following with the following. :lol: I better take advantage of nights like these because next week it is back to cooking. So off to the store I go to get my dinner. :dash: :rofl:

HEALTHY :lol3:---> Mixed with --->

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
:lol3::lol3::lol3:

I'm going to tweak the buffalo chicken meatball recipe and give it another go.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade chicken fried rice with "yum yum" sauce. It actually turned out well for once! :clap:

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Lauren, I'll take that dinner any day.....especially with the way you made it so healthy!

Dinner tonight is a surprise. Evidently there are some containers in the freezer in the basement that I didn't label (I'm getting pretty good at not labeling). I asked Rick to get into the freezer for something for dinner tonight. We're taking BooBoo to the vet, so it has to be something quick; his appt is at 5:45 and they're very slow there....we'll be lucky to get home by 8:00 because he will also need some tests and blood work and they give us the results while we're there. And then we have the trash and litter boxes afterward.

Anyway, (sorry for digressing!) Rick came upstairs with a large freezer container. I asked him what it is and he didn't have a clue. I opened it; looks like some kind of bean soup. Or a white chicken chili. I'm not sure.

We are having Mystery Food for dinner tonight (which may or may not be a good thing).

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I know the mystery dinner from the freezer well. I've got one container right now that is either chili or chourico and peppers. :lol3:

I pulled kale soup out the freezer this morning. A least that's what I think it is. ;). :lol3:

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying something different. Ground venison, onion, cabbage sauted and adding cheese and rolling it in crescent roll dough. Well see.

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love spaghetti squash. Would you care to share the bolognese sauce
Bolognese Sauce

* 1 TBS olive oil or butter

* 1 yellow (sweet) onion chopped

* 2 large carrots chopped

* 2 stalks celery chopped

* 2 cloves minced garlic (more if you love garlic)

* 1 tsp. salt

* pinch black pepper

* 1 lb. ground beef

* 1 cup milk (not skim)

* 28 oz. can chrushed tomatoes

* 1 cup beef stock

* 1/2 tsp. dried oregano

* 1/2 tsp. dried basil

* 1 bay leaf

Heat oil or butter and saute onions, garlic, carrots and celery with a pinch of salt and pepper,bay leaf, oregano and basil.Cook until onions soften. Remove from pan. Season beef with 1 tsp. salt,( pinch of  pepper to taste) and brown until cooked through. Add veggies back to pan. Add tomatoes, beef stock ,and milk. Simmer 1 hour or longer if you can wait! Turn the heat up and stir constantly for about 5 mins to reduce sauce so it's nice and thick. Remove bay leaf and check seasonings.

Serve over spaghetti squash with fresh grated parmesean cheese.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That sauce looks delicious! I love spaghetti sauce, too. Would you mind adding your recipe to the Recipe Exchange? Please? That way, it won't get lost in the shuffle.

Dinner tonight is BBQ spareribs. We're going to split a twice-baked sweet potato.

Status
Not open for further replies.