What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm going to try out a recipe for chickpea salad tonight and add a little chicken to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to try out a recipe for chickpea salad tonight and add a little chicken to it.
Mmmm, love chickpeas!

Pizza tonight! Sausage, onion, and peppers with provolone cheese. Got a dough ball and some link hot sausage out of the freezer this morning. I asked Rick if he'd consider grilling the pizza tonight, but that idea went over like a lead balloon. So just regular oven pizza. But it's still pizza!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom is making Chinese.. hopefully I will be able to eat it because it's one of my favorite meals and I have to have cavities filled in awhile.

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mashed rutabagas with brown butter and fresh sage leaves. I just made it for an Easter side dish and I had to have a bowl. So good!

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
McD's! I cannot tell you the last time I had anything from McD's! Quarter pounder with cheese, medium fries, and a medium Coke. Can't tell you when the last time was I had a Coke. We had gone to the grocery for the asparagus and leeks for tomorrow and on the way home, Rick asked me if I'd eat a quarter pounder. Well....duh! It was so good.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We have leftover pizza from Saturday, so we"ll have that and I'll make up a salad to go with it.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love venison, but could never bring myself to hunt a deer.  If I wanted to, I could sit on my back steps and get my limit almost every year.
We don't hunt either...my husband can't shoot a deer either. My BIL hunts EVERYTHING! His name is Fred and he gets a kick out of me calling him Fred Nugent. His Dad lives in Montana and there are different hunting laws there. Between the two of them we, thankfully, get game meat and wild fowl, Deer, Elk, and Antelope are such lean meat...yummy!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't hunt either...my husband can't shoot a deer either. My BIL hunts EVERYTHING! His name is Fred and he gets a kick out of me calling him Fred Nugent. His Dad lives in Montana and there are different hunting laws there. Between the two of them we, thankfully, get game meat and wild fowl, Deer, Elk, and Antelope are such lean meat...yummy!
I'm from Wyoming and we hunted a lot....Antelope sausage is really good! :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure yet. I want to make some split pea soup tonight with some of the leftover Easter ham....was going to do that last night and never got around to it. The rest of the ham will go into the freezer for later on.

I had made those Delmonico Potatoes for Easter. Well, there was a little bit left over from dinner. So last night, I chopped some leftover ham and added that to the potatoes, along with the rest of the asparagus and the leeks. I crumbled up a slice of the sesame onion bread and crumbed it in the food processor. Mixed the crumbs with a wee bit of melted butter, some freshly-grated Parmesan and lots of pepper and sprinkled it over the casserole and threw it into the oven. Delicious! Rick really enjoyed that casserole....I took out what I wanted and he took the entire casserole, plopped it down on the kitchen table and went to town. Then he ate the rest of the ladyfinger lemon dessert and some sugared pecans. (And yet, he never gains weight....frustrating!)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rick really enjoyed that casserole....I took out what I wanted and he took the entire casserole, plopped it down on the kitchen table and went to town. Then he ate the rest of the ladyfinger lemon dessert and some sugared pecans. (And yet, he never gains weight....frustrating!)
:rofl: No plate needed for Rick!!! Yes, how frustrating about Rick not gaining weight. I sure wish Larry and I had that problem.

So, tonight I must cook! :lol3: I am going with a stir fry. Sweet/sour chicken and vegetables on rice. So glad to have my hubby home again. :D

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Aaron and I have been trying to diet and exercise more. The first week he lost 9 pounds. :hmm: Today he fit into smaller jeans. :hmm:

Tonight I'm not sure. We may go out to eat and if we do I'll probably have a salad. If not, I'll probably be pulling soup out of the freezer.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just me tonight, so I'll probably pull some soup out of he freezer...or it may be peanut butter and crackers. :lol3:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Margaritas! Going out tonight with some GFs from work. Our favorite Mexican place. I will have the fajitas fixings without the tortillas. And a large margarita!

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I fried shrimp for hubby and trout for me. I made buttered potatoes and coleslaw. Then I made fried corn bread. I know, not very healthy, but I was so hungry for some fish.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight was chicken parmesan with spaghetti. It was delicious. I am excited that I've been cooking 2 weeks in a row now and saving money from eating out 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.