What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Made an asparagus popover to have with baked fish..was to have been salmon fillets with a homemade lemon caper sauce but we decided to save the salmon for next week :)

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A huge burrito from Taco Bell. I got their $5 meal box and had the gordita and crunchy taco for lunch and took the burrito home for dinner. Was yummy. :)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were going to make braised lamb shanks today, but decided st. patrick's day or not, we wanted my gram's recipe for meatballs and braciole in her wonderful marinara sauce

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making roast chicken with stuffing, mushroom gravy, roast potatoes, onions and pumpkin. Broccoli and cauliflower too. It's just 1am here so I have hoooooooooooooooooouuurs to wait before our tea!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We are trying pulled pork in the pressure cooker for sandwiches tonight. I have to make snickerdoodles for Rick tonight, too, as he's leaving for Oregon tomorrow for a week.....and there's no way the man is leaving this house without his snickerdoodles!!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade pizza!  I have sort of started this tradition for Saturday nights. (& I make my own, 'cause have to use veggie cheese).  I just pick up a pizza crust mix (walmart brand less than a dollar!)  I usually put roasted red peppers, &  quartered artichoke hearts on it, but sometimes that changes. A jar of roasted red peppers will last for about 3-4 pizzas & a can of artichoke hearts maybe 2-3! So all in all, much cheaper & healthier that ordering anyway!  ;)  " It's my pizza & a movie night!"

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade pizza!  I have sort of started this tradition for Saturday nights. (& I make my own, 'cause have to use veggie cheese).  I just pick up a pizza crust mix (walmart brand less than a dollar!)  I usually put roasted red peppers, &  quartered artichoke hearts on it, but sometimes that changes. A jar of roasted red peppers will last for about 3-4 pizzas & a can of artichoke hearts maybe 2-3! So all in all, much cheaper & healthier that ordering anyway!  ;)  " It's my pizza & a movie night!"

That sounds so good. 

We had schnitzel on a bun that was toasted with garlic butter and fries. 

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the rest of my lunch. In honor of St. Patrick's Day we went to our favorite Irish Restaurant and I ordered Corned Beef and Cabbage.Tonight I had a piece of Jalapino and Cheddar bread. That's not particurly Irish but it's good.(G).

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pork chop with whipped potatoes and corn today...but I am in the process of making Hawaiian Meatballs for tomorrow. Mmmmmm.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken and dumplings for my parents, I had just chicken and coleslaw.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made chili tonight, which is more of a winter meal but I was craving it. Also made coffee cake for dessert and for breakfast. It was warm today but it was still good. I have to remember to buy nose plugs though because bean and DH just don't mix! 

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried something new tonight. Sunday, I got one of Kraft's "Fresh Take" packages in Southwestern Cheese recipe and used it on chicken breasts. It was pretty good! I think next time I may add a few more spices but for 5 minute prep time and 1 hr in the oven it was worth it. I had never seen them before yesterday. Next I'm going to try the Italian Parmesan mix. 

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/kraftcheese/freshtake.aspx

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been housebound for days and am really looking forward to going out for a large skinny-latte and a slice of something calorific. 

No idea about dinner 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm making navy bean soup for the freezer this afternoon, so I'll probably have a small bowl of soup for my dinner tonight. And I'm baking coconut macaroon cookies to take into work tomorrow.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used our Griddler which can also be used as a panini press -I had one sandwich made with Dave's Killer Bread low calorie/lower carb version with corned beef, roast beef, lower sodium cheese, bit of onion and thousand island dressing, salad, green beans, and a few dark chocolate covered nuts for dessert (a half serving).

Status
Not open for further replies.