Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hey! I'll take some baked ziti here!

Last night we had some yummy herbed pork chops with sauteed zucchini with red pepper and garlic. Not sure about tonight....there are some leftovers in the fridge, so we may just get everything out for the microwave. I made a double corn and cheddar chowder earlier this week that Rick really liked (although he kept saying there should have been rivels in it!
 ) I guess I can heat the leftover chowder and add a few rivels just for him for tonight. I have leftover chicken and could add some chunks to the soup as well.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For my lunch I have had some tuna with pasta and 2 slices of german rye bread,not sure yet what I'm doing for tea.x

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey! I'll take some baked ziti here!

Last night we had some yummy herbed pork chops with sauteed zucchini with red pepper and garlic. Not sure about tonight....there are some leftovers in the fridge, so we may just get everything out for the microwave. I made a double corn and cheddar chowder earlier this week that Rick really liked (although he kept saying there should have been rivels in it! :lol3:  ) I guess I can heat the leftover chowder and add a few rivels just for him for tonight. I have leftover chicken and could add some chunks to the soup as well.
I had to look up rivels, must be a Pennsylvania Dutch type thing? I guess they're sorta like dumplings. Like chicken and dumplings. :clap:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I had to look up rivels, must be a Pennsylvania Dutch type thing? I guess they're sorta like dumplings. Like chicken and dumplings.
Yes, it's PA Dutch or old German. They are dumplings, but very, very small dumplings. Really small! They're not as fluffy as regular dumplings, but they're really good. Rick loves them, so when we have chicken and corn soup, I must include the rivels for him.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Right now I am debating between the leftover pizza we have in the fridge, or actually making something. :lol3: I haven't really been cooking because of a hand injury, but I am also getting sick of takeout, soup, etc. I do have the making for kielbasa and sauerkraut in the fridge.

Last edited:

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
take out tonight,kebab I think,its been so long since we had a take out and I'm sick of cooking.x

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tuna and noodles is on the menu tonight. It's been ages since Rick has had tuna and noodles and he asked me about it this morning before he went to work. I have everything I need, so that's what we'll do.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure where we'll do dinner at, I might just hold off til we hit the bar after bowling - it has really good food :D

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunday again so sunday roast,we are having chicken, roast new potatoes, cheesy mashed potato, stuffing balls, carrots, brocolli, chicken gravy and yorkshire puddings.x

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooh that sounds good Ruthy! I'm planning on a big roast tomorrow night - roast beef which I've got defrosting, potatoes, broccoli, carrots and Yorkshire puddings. I love little Yorkie puds!

Tonight will be some homemade soup I'm defrosting. I've got to start using up all the food in my chest freezer. I'm good at storing food, but then forget about it!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh that sounds good Ruthy! I'm planning on a big roast tomorrow night - roast beef which I've got defrosting, potatoes, broccoli, carrots and Yorkshire puddings. I love little Yorkie puds!
Tonight will be some homemade soup I'm defrosting. I've got to start using up all the food in my chest freezer. I'm good at storing food, but then forget about it!

I just love roasts and I like doing them on a sunday as its not a rushed day and we can all sit down together and enjoy,you can't have a roast without yorkshire puds,no way
  Enjoy your beef,I love roast beef.x

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I had to look up rivels, must be a Pennsylvania Dutch type thing? I guess they're sorta like dumplings. Like chicken and dumplings. :clap:

Yes, it's PA Dutch or old German. They are dumplings, but very, very small dumplings. Really small! They're not as fluffy as regular dumplings, but they're really good. Rick loves them, so when we have chicken and corn soup, I must include the rivels for him. :)
Yum. They're called "Rieble" in this part of Germany (Swabia); DH loves them.

We had leftover Hungarian goulash for dinner today.

khin mya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We had stuvet hvidkål og medister....sorry I tried to translate on google, and it came up with stewet cabbage with sausage...but thats not quite right.

Its a very old danish dish.and not very healthy, but my husbond has been working odd hours, he was wet and cold. Therefor I have cooked him one of his favorites.

Depending on where in  Denmark you live is the way you serve it, what you put on and what you serve with it.

In my hometown we cook the cabbage with some porkmeat, then we  twist it in a dishcloth. Then we chop it very fine on the mashine. We cook it with butter and double cream.

We serve a kind of sausage that are cooked and mostard (very hot) to the cabbage. Where I am from we use cinnamon and sugar on the cabbage. Where I live now, they do not chop the cabbage and they eat it with salt and pebber.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had stuvet hvidkål og medister....sorry I tried to translate on google, and it came up with stewet cabbage with sausage...but thats not quite right.

Its a very old danish dish.and not very healthy, but my husbond has been working odd hours, he was wet and cold. Therefor I have cooked him one of his favorites.

Depending on where in  Denmark you live is the way you serve it, what you put on and what you serve with it.

In my hometown we cook the cabbage with some porkmeat, then we  twist it in a dishcloth. Then we chop it very fine on the mashine. We cook it with butter and double cream.

We serve a kind of sausage that are cooked and mostard (very hot) to the cabbage. Where I am from we use cinnamon and sugar on the cabbage. Where I live now, they do not chop the cabbage and they eat it with salt and pebber.
That sounds lovely and a great winter warmer. I love looking at this thread to see what wonderful meals people have.x

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all of this sounds great, dinner tonight for DH is porkchops baked in autrys pork batter with roasted garlic cheesy potatoes with a vegetable medley(peas,carrots, broccoli, cauliflour,green beans) and butter herb rice. For me it is 4oz chicken breast with mixed greens and rasberry vinagrette dressing wrapped in flour tortillas
 Desert: for me granola yogurt for DH vanilla cupcakes with homemade blackberry whipped icing

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all of this sounds great, dinner tonight for DH is porkchops baked in autrys pork batter with roasted garlic cheesy potatoes with a vegetable medley(peas,carrots, broccoli, cauliflour,green beans) and butter herb rice. For me it is 4oz chicken breast with mixed greens and rasberry vinagrette dressing wrapped in flour tortillas
 Desert: for me granola yogurt for DH vanilla cupcakes with homemade blackberry whipped icing

OMG they both sound just delicious. We had ours at lunch,the kids have just had a sandwich as they were starting to get a bit peckish,so am I,I think I will have some ham and salad in pitta bread and I have some hummus which I love.x

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Mmm, that sounds tasty. Anything cooked with butter and cream has my vote!

I baked two sweet potato pies tonight. I've never baked one before and ended up with enough batter for two instead of one. I was going to offer one to my neighbour, but after tasting it I would be embarrassed! Not the yummiest creation unfortunately. I think I'll stick to pumpkin pie in the future.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm making a decent meal for the first time in a long time, so I thought I would post. :flail:

We are having Thai curry mussels and shrimp. :)

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm going to Toojay's Deli for a reuben. I've been craving one for days now and fighting it, trying to eat everything in my fridge before I leave on Friday for spring break. But I can't help it anymore. :lol3:

Status
Not open for further replies.